It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Suns you say? I offer proof.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Proof that there isn't 2 suns anyway. Or anything else near the sun like a planet or (cough) nibiru.

I couldn't help but notice the large amount of 2 suns videos and threads popping up here. Now I don't know what people are seeing. I can say this much. I am a professional photographer by trade. I can shoot the sun without flare. Today I decided to take out my 70-200 lens and a #10 welders shield to act as a super nd filter so i could photograph the sun. If there was something next to it, I would have seen it. This is the sun and just the sun. No other objects in the sky.

This is the equipment used along with the d700 nikon.

This is the sun, originally shot from further back but i've cropped it close so you could see it. Notice the sky looks black? That's because i've stopped it down as much as i could to show you as much of the sun as possible.

So what is everyone seeing?
Well, some are sun dogs.
Some are sun flare.
Some are probably something I can't explain but maybe someone else can. But I can only assume that if there is an object viewable during the day near the sun, why can't everyone see it? Why just some? I'm sure some of these vids are hoaxes, and some aren't but are instead accidental captures of effects caused in the atmosphere, OR flare caused by poor glass quality since almost none of these images are taken with pro glass.... and if there is one thing i know all too well, the worse the glass quality of your lens, the worse the FLARE.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm a professional photographer, not videographer. My expertise is in stills.

Oh and i have no interest in faking anything. It's a shame there are so many hoaxers out there.... all they do is make it harder to find what is true.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very good post

I almost blinded myself on two occasions looking at the sun trying to find its elusive companion, as my digital cameras didn't offer much aid.

However, I still wonder if it's possible that not everyone would be able to see it for whatever reason, as it goes for eclipses...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Very nicely debunked here

edit on 6/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by uncuuncu

However, I still wonder if it's possible that not everyone would be able to see it for whatever reason, as it goes for eclipses...

I have no problems exploring that thought, as I've wondered myself if it's possible. But i am no expert on that. It just seems if there is something between us and the sun, we would all see it. If I happen to see something in the sky, i can promise you i will shoot it and bring it here for all to see. I have a great amount of equipment at my disposal.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh and be careful everyone who is attempting to take video of the sun. Leave your camera zoomed in and pointed at it too long and you may damage the sensor. At least that's what I've read.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
they guess the second sun is a brown dwarf , a brown dwarf is only detectable in infrared because it doesent emit light so my guess is u sure wont see it with a sunfilter on . and just maybe the reason people arent seeing it constant is because it's in the progress of becoming a sun and not fully able yet to constantly sustain its light and radiation . it's just an idea . but your proof wont close the subject for me yet

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Does everyone see Ghosts? I think not...No two people ever see the same thing whether there are 2 sun or not. Which I say there are not. But, I do have enough sense to know that something out of the normal is going on in Space...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

they guess the second sun is a brown dwarf , a brown dwarf is only detectable in infrared because it doesent emit light so my guess is u sure wont see it with a sunfilter on

Then if that's the case you wouldn't see anything in any of those videos since they were not shot in infrared either. But if you want to really dive into that, I also have an infrared camera. Maybe i'll get a shot with that one too.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Does everyone see Ghosts? I think not...No two people ever see the same thing whether there are 2 sun or not.
Yes but what they capture with their camera is based on something a bit more physically solid than the viewer's perception or ability to see the unknown with their own eyes.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm completely on the fence with this whole subject, but I have to point out a major flaw in your post. Your photograph states it is midday sun, all the stories, threads, photos and videos I've read have all said this object can only be seen at sunrise or sunset..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I've seen videos with high and low sun. When the sun gets lower, i'll shoot it again. In fact, i've been shooting it every hour since around 1:00 today, just to be fair. I'm not looking to disprove anything, I'm just looking for the truth with my own eyes. And since i have the equipment for this, I thought I would share my findings with everyone here.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Under Water
Please redo this again in a few day and then a few days after that. If there is something there you may have missed it. I am very glad we now have some one with the tools and knowledge to get us some real pictures on this matter. You could be the one to solve this once and for all.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ok everyone, because someone brought up infrared and i happen to have an infrared camera, I've taken a couple more shots for you.

The first one like the others, with the welder's shield on. This is to remove any flare so that we only see the object(s) that are there.

The second one without the filter and to show you exactly how many shapes and sizes flare can come in. You'll also see the effects of dust on the lens, the sensor and on the mirror. (Things mistaken for ghosts by some people.)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Thank you for taking the time to do this..

I'm with the people who do NOT believe there is another sun up there..

I work outside all the time..

mornings and evenings..

I have never seen a second sun up there..

seems kind of ridiculous for anyone to think otherwise..

just my 2 cents....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I'm completely on the fence with this whole subject, but I have to point out a major flaw in your post. Your photograph states it is midday sun, all the stories, threads, photos and videos I've read have all said this object can only be seen at sunrise or sunset..

Well,It is said that you can observe Mercury at these times,but pretty small

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
*Slow, dramatic applause*

Ahhh, it's so refreshing to read a post that offers real, concrete evidence. Not something that was cherry picked off of another person's youtube stream, but something that was thought out and measure empirically for the strict purpose of solving a problem here on ATS.

I feel that this two sun BS has long worn out its welcome here on ATS and so I say well done my friend. I applaud your efforts in doing some real research in an effort to put down this blatant ignorance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join