It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did " God" have a female Partner ? Yahweh and his consort Asherah !!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Is anyone able to find BBC Bible's Buried Secrets S01E02 Did God have a wife? Able to download or view on line ? If anyone has a link please post it. Maybe by watching the video we can get a better understanding of the findings.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

I wanted to get around to your topic yesterday, but I say yes, there is a feminine component, I always thought this,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.margaretbarker.com...

I am still reading through her work

www.margaretbarker.com...

She has several you-tubes
www.youtube.com...

edit on 093131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's an interesting idea, but it seems like there isn't yet enough evidence to support this. I think if they had that piece that went missing in the 70's and could authenticate it they'd be better off, but as it stands it could be a forgery still (unless it's well documented enough to say it isn't, but it doesn't seem like it to me).

I didn't realize Asherah is mentioned in the Bible, don't recall that from my college studies of these subjects. It is pretty well established that ancient Jews worshiped more than one god, though, so this isn't too surprising. It's just stunning to me that it might have still been going on by the time of the First Temple. That would seem to have been long after I would have thought Jews had moved on to worship of a single God, only. Perhaps this is evidence of a period when other cults came into vogue that was expunged from historical/religious memory by a later crackdown?

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
It seems to really upset everyone to suggest that the Jews once held ceremonial circle wanks.
edit on 6-3-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: reducing qualifyers

Maybe that's the origin of the minyan.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by IAMIAM

6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9

If you need me to elaborate, let me know.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yes, I think you need to. I am speaking of the Bride of Christ. What is your point?

The Bride of Christ is the people, all people who accept his teachings to love one another. Those who do discover that Christ is within them, the two become one. Christ and the follower of his teachings are two (Christ and the follower) in one flesh.

The wedding feast is about to begin.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

well there is a father and a son so surely there is a, mother/holy ghost/comforter/shekinah,shekinah the divine feminine

edit on 103131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by IAMIAM

well there is a father and a son so surely there is a, mother/holy ghost/comforter/shekinah,shekinah the divine feminine

edit on 103131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Why must there be two?

The father is like water in a glass. The earth is a big drop in the water. we are also drops in the water. Take one single drop out of the water, and the water becomes less. We are not greater than the whole, but the whole would be less without us. We are in the whole, and the whole is within us. We are one.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What do you think the temple veil represented?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I also wonder why? What colossal nerve could make a people tell such a lie? How did they get away with it? Why did the women stand for it? All this is troubling to me. And of course....What would the world be like today if the godess had remained?

The Church was most powerful in those early days, and to go against the Church on anything whatsoever often meant torture and death. And believe it or not, the church was, and is, in the business of telling lies.

"We shall introduce into this history in general only those events which may be useful first to ourselves and afterwards to posterity."
– Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History, Vol. 8, chapter 2.

"And often it is necessary to deceive, and to do the greatest benefits by means of this device, whereas he who has gone by a straight course has done great mischief to the person whom he has not deceived."
– Chrysostom, Treatise On The Priesthood, Book 1.

Martin Luther, in private correspondence, argued:

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."
– Martin Luther (Cited by his secretary)
Quotes Source

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yes, Jesus had a bed buddy....wasn't it that whore Mary Madelaine? Before he got nailed to the cross, he nailed her!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The plural usage is already clear. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

All male, of course. No room for anything Feminine in the Godhead, is there? Does this mean anything to you?
"As Above, So Below"
"What you hold true on earth, I will hold true in Heaven"

Everything here on Earth is both male and female, and yet we are expected to believe that three males created everything and rules over it all with an iron hand.
What this kink of thinking causes is women are subservient to men, men run the religion, and men make wars over the religion. And sorry, but every human being is born with a Holy spirit, here on Earth we call this our "Soul."

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

sounds very interesting and you are probably aware of these but just in case -

he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

and thou shalt be called by a new name

And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

these may help

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

In Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female
edit on 22-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

God will yet remarry Israel

OK, I can now go and die. I have officially heard everything. God Almighty is about to get married to a State. Does this mean I can marry my van? Or my garden?
The name Israel means "God Strives," according to Hebrew scholars.
Israel is the name given to Jacob after his fight with the Angel of God (Genesis 32:28). Jacob was a man. Does this mean God is homosexual? The meaning of the name Israel is not clear, although Israel is most likely a compilation of the verb "sara" and the noun "el", the common abbreviation of Elohim. So I guess this means God will marry one of his own kind. Whew! I was worried for a bit there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Yes, Jesus had a bed buddy....wasn't it that whore Mary Madelaine? Before he got nailed to the cross, he nailed her!

Why must you demean all women with a comment like that? History shows that Magdalena was most likely the daughter of an Egyptian High Priest. Why else did her and her husband rush back to Egypt with the baby? To present the bey to his Grandfather. There, in the Court of Pharaoh, the child could learn the High Magicks of Egypt, which he then practiced, by changing the properties of water, turning it to wine at his wedding, raising of a dead body, necromancy, and punishable by death in those day, and healing of the sick, which could be called sorcery.

I have to ask, do you talk to your wife that way? All women are physical representations of the Goddess.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What do you think the temple veil represented?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

Our bodies are a veil because they are all different, we see each other as different. However, within our bodies is the same spirit of God. The spirit that yearns to be loved and accepted as is. Unfortunately, we are stuck seeing the differences, and not seeing the truth of the universal spirit within.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

God will yet remarry Israel

OK, I can now go and die. I have officially heard everything. God Almighty is about to get married to a State. Does this mean I can marry my van? Or my garden?
The name Israel means "God Strives," according to Hebrew scholars.
Israel is the name given to Jacob after his fight with the Angel of God (Genesis 32:28). Jacob was a man. Does this mean God is homosexual? The meaning of the name Israel is not clear, although Israel is most likely a compilation of the verb "sara" and the noun "el", the common abbreviation of Elohim. So I guess this means God will marry one of his own kind. Whew! I was worried for a bit there.

Did you really think I was talking about that rogue state, Jewish-Occupied Palestine, JOP? No, I was referring to TRUE Israel, a people descended from the twelve tribes, and not for the most part, the people commonly known as Jews. You should not think of it as a human marriage, but God likens His relationship to Israel to marriage in order to communicate with us. Go ahead and marry your van - I don't care.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
it's well known that idols were worshipped alongside The Lord all through Israel's history. almost every prophet in the Old Testament speaks out against it. I think it's stretching it somewhat to say that it was the norm up until the Babylonian Captivity though, or that monotheistic Jews were a special interest group... besides the prophets going back to the time of Moses, the first prophet of the biblical Nevi'im was Amos (8th century BC) and Isaiah was his contemporary, although he came later. Amos was a shephard, Isaiah was counciller to kings - men from completely different backgrounds both prophecying in the name of YHWH, warning the people to turn from idols. The Babylonian Captivity happened in 586 BC. But these higher criticsm/ feminist criticism types want people to believe, based on some inscriptions that actually confirm the biblical account, that the Israelites were basically Wiccans that became monontheists after going to a place like Babylon, known as the 'mother of harlots' in the ancient world, the birthplace of astrology and grimiores. The theory doesn't hold up well in my opinion.
edit on 25-3-2011 by JamesMayorOfJerusalem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

"Marry your van!" Really Lazarus what a hoot, insult and humour all in 3 words
Lynda

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
of coarse God had a Wife.

Earth is the Egg... We are the sperm... Jesus is the child.

I thought that was common sense?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMayorOfJerusalem
it's well known that idols were worshipped alongside The Lord all through Israel's history. almost every prophet in the Old Testament speaks out against it. I think it's stretching it somewhat to say that it was the norm up until the Babylonian Captivity though, or that monotheistic Jews were a special interest group... besides the prophets going back to the time of Moses, the first prophet of the biblical Nevi'im was Amos (8th century BC) and Isaiah was his contemporary, although he came later. Amos was a shephard, Isaiah was counciller to kings - men from completely different backgrounds both prophecying in the name of YHWH, warning the people to turn from idols. The Babylonian Captivity happened in 586 BC. But these higher criticsm/ feminist criticism types want people to believe, based on some inscriptions that actually confirm the biblical account, that the Israelites were basically Wiccans that became monontheists after going to a place like Babylon, known as the 'mother of harlots' in the ancient world, the birthplace of astrology and grimiores. The theory doesn't hold up well in my opinion.
edit on 25-3-2011 by JamesMayorOfJerusalem because: (no reason given)

Do you know anything about Wicca - tell you one thing, Wicca teaches "be it harm none do it". If we compare that to "An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth etc." which one do you think should be followed? I am not saying to you I am Wiccan, but unless one looks at the principles behind the different belief systems its hard to think one is 'higher' than another,

You cannot get away from archaelogical proof backing up (sometimes) what the bible has been manipulated to acknowledge but not state clearly. Asherah had statues in the temple and what she represented to the people was sacred. Mind you why should you be bothered with the feminine side of creation as you say, "feminist criticism and Harlots eh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join