It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something not visible with the naked eye near the Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueGrit

I know it's not...that was my point.
Regardless, it was good that you posted it, because we need to see it all, no matter what it is. It's just that, when something can only be seen in a picture, that means it's most likely a picture defect, such as a lens flare, rather than something that's actually there.
edit on 6-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattC
Were these pictures taken through glass?
Second line.

No, pictures were not taken through a glass...they were taken standing outside nothing between me and the sky except the camera...like i said it was only a cell phone camera...can someone else go take the pic and see if they get the same result? I would be interested to know...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is definitly an increase in reports of something next to the sun. Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere already (apologies if it has) but this caught my eye earlier:

Weeks after a story shot across the Web claiming that the imminent explosion of a nearby star would result in the appearance of a second sun in the sky — a story that was later debunked — two suns were caught on camera yesterday in China. The suns — one fuzzy and orange, the other a crisp yellow orb — appeared side-by-side, one slightly higher than the other.

'Two suns' spotted in China defy explanation

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by TrueGrit

I know it's not...that was my point.
Regardless, it was good that you posted it, because we need to see it all, no matter what it is. It's just that, when something can only be seen in a picture, that means it's most likely a picture defect, such as a lens flare, rather than something that's actually there.
edit on 6-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure...i'm no camera expert either...seems interesting that I can get the same exact picture defect with two different cameras in two different locations...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
lens flare maybe?

Are you talking about the red color in the top left hand corner of the frame? If so, that's not what I'm questioning...I'm questioning the small planet looking object in the lower right hand portion of the pic...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueGrit

Second line.

No, pictures were not taken through a glass...they were taken standing outside nothing between me and the sky except the camera...like i said it was only a cell phone camera...can someone else go take the pic and see if they get the same result? I would be interested to know...

i did take pics of the sun today and i didnt get anything but the sun...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

Second line.

i did take pics of the sun today and i didnt get anything but the sun...

Don't know...I'll dig out my good camera and see if it get's the same effect...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's lens flare. In each photo the 'second sun' is in the same place in relation to the more obvious lens flare seen on the other side of the Sun.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
First of let me say that I am one of ATS's resident photo experts. Usually I come in and prove why something is not what everybody thinks it is and I give a whitty photography explanation of what is going on. In this case, I can conclusively say this is NOT a lens flare, it is too perfectly round and filled in to be a flare. A flare has varying intensities of light and generally have a ring or halo around them. This is a solid perfect circle, so I can say it is not a flare. Depending on the camera, it could be a case of misuse of filter. If this was taken with an SLR (feel free to post EXIF data as I don't have the ability to look at it from my phone), this could be caused by the use of a UV or Polarizing filter. I doubt the latter as the sky would be a much darker blue. However, a UV filter, while designed for outdoor use, can create these circular objects when pointed directly at the sun. In fact any photographer knows this is a danger when using UV filters and a common occurrence. If the OP posts exif data, and tells us if he used any filters, I should be able to offer a conclusive analysis of this photo, but as it stands I don't have enough to say anything except it is not a regular lens flare, it could be a UV filter flare, or it could be an object in the sky (much less likely lol).

-Edit, just noticed you said it was a cell phone camera. That make me wonder what you photographed. It is NOT lens flare as it would be much larger and most likely have other light aura's around the object, I don't see that. Interesting Indeed.
edit on 6-3-2011 by KevinB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afe3cc9c0362.jpg[/atsimg]

heres a picture of the sun i took today. am from the uk. as you can see no other "ball" around or near the sun......

edit on 6-3-2011 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Love seeing pics of the sun........

I'd like an explanation to what the other little ball is.......

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The small white orb like thing a short distance away from the Sun in each pic? That's the first thing my eye was drawn to every time I looked at them.

Also, people are saying lens flare which is no doubt a very good thought to have in cases such as this but in reading some of those comments, I couldn't help thinking of photos people take of an inocuous object or person and the image of a deceased relative or person unknown to the photographer shows up when reviewing the images back.

In those cases, of course it could be ghosts that weren't seen when the picture was taken but then half of those are also what's known as a double negative that distorts someone's face slightly and moves it over the shoulder.

If these pics aren't lens flare then perhaps the orb could be a double negative?

Have to rule out every possibility before deciding upon a definitive answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Thanks for the post KevinB, so it seems it's likely NOT a lens flare.

Again, could it be a double negative or some other equipment issues (although I've never heard of double negatives in digital photo equipment before)?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sorry folks it's nothing! I got the good camera out and took several shots...it's something to do with the effect of the camera. I was taking a picture of the sun and angling the camera and the object would appear in the lower right hand of the frame of the pic. Then I took the pic angling the camera in the opposite direction and I was able to make the object appear in left hand portion of the frame...So I guess this is a NON Conspiracy...it was operater error...thanks for being patient with me...

TG

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
The small white orb like thing a short distance away from the Sun in each pic? That's the first thing my eye was drawn to every time I looked at them.

Also, people are saying lens flare which is no doubt a very good thought to have in cases such as this but in reading some of those comments, I couldn't help thinking of photos people take of an inocuous object or person and the image of a deceased relative or person unknown to the photographer shows up when reviewing the images back.

In those cases, of course it could be ghosts that weren't seen when the picture was taken but then half of those are also what's known as a double negative that distorts someone's face slightly and moves it over the shoulder.

If these pics aren't lens flare then perhaps the orb could be a double negative?

I don't know if it's double orb or double negative, I'm not a camera buff really. I was able to replicate and make the orb move though...so I guess I have debunked my own Conspiracy...Sorry Guys/Gals...Thanks for the support all!!!

Have to rule out every possibility before deciding upon a definitive answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Sorry folks it's nothing! I got the good camera out and took several shots...it's something to do with the effect of the camera. I was taking a picture of the sun and angling the camera and the object would appear in the lower right hand of the frame of the pic. Then I took the pic angling the camera in the opposite direction and I was able to make the object appear in left hand portion of the frame...So I guess this is a NON Conspiracy...it was operater error...thanks for being patient with me...

TG

Hey no worries, those of us that like to gather evidence first before screaming hoax have enjoyed this thread so far in trying to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks also for that post I quoted, hopefully others will learn from this and from your own curiosity in wanting to know what you had in your shots.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

irst of let me say that I am one of ATS's resident photo experts. Usually I come in and prove why something is not what everybody thinks it is and I give a whitty photography explanation of what is going on. In this case, I can conclusively say this is NOT a lens flare, it is too perfectly round and filled in to be a flare. A flare has varying intensities of light and generally have a ring or halo around them. This is a solid perfect circle, so I can say it is not a flare.

Not necessarily. I do get perfectly round filled in flare in some of my work sometimes. Just depends on the type of lens used, the size of the aperture, and angle of the sun. Some of my wide angle deep dof shots will show this type of flare.

I've shot my own pics of the sun today using various methods if anyone is interested in the facts that I've presented on this seemingly popular subject:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread670733
edi t on 6-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think it's possible that something is unconsciously cloaked that can only be seen through some sort of object that can reflect or through glass. It may not be a "lens flare" after all. I'm sure somewhere in Science, this anomaly can be explained. It's strange how all these pictures, not only his, and videos are showing the same phenomena. Something may be happening after all. If you are open-minded, you could agree.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Same as these I took today in the UK. Posted in another thread earlier but here you go:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Looks like common flare to me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join