It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something not visible with the naked eye near the Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
These pics were taken today between 1-2pm, Central Time, USA. I was walking out of Lowes and see contrails and took a few pics...then when I looked at the pics I see this object near the Sun. You can do this too! I took these pics with my cell phone camera. Just take a picture directly at the Sun and wallah! I don't know what planet this is, but I was hoping that by posting here someone smarter than me will know...please advise...

Thanks,

TG

Fixed Link

edit on 6-3-2011 by TrueGrit because: Posted the link with photos on ATS media...sorry about the other folks..

edit on 7-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueGrit

Can you please upload the photo to ATS media and post the picture here?

Cant see if from the link you gave us

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hiya..I tried to look at your pics, but have to sign up on the site you posted?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I tested the link I uploaded on snapfish--it said the album was no longer available...this is the link again...you will have to have an account. You don't have to give your real name...i didn't...

www5.snapfish.com...=3198625028/a=5172280028_5172280028/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hi i cant see your pics from the link... i did too take some pics of the sun today (i live in the uk) and all i got was the sun......

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Upload your photos to your ATS media account:

right here.

Sign in using the same username/password.

edit on 6-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

hi there! the link takes me to the registration page... any other links ?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I took some pics of the sun today, but the weird thing is, they looked like the moon. Sounds crazy and I cant explain it. Hopefully someone else saw the same thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I`d like to see this picture but I`m afraid no body, me included will sign up just to see a picture you could either embed here or chooses a site that has a direct link to the picture.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I uploaded to ATS media TrueGrit My Album it's the only photos I have uploaded...

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=20699

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueGrit
I uploaded to ATS media TrueGrit My Album it's the only photos I have uploaded...

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=20699

That link still ain't working for me dude.

Try this instead everyone: media.abovetopsecret.com/TrueGrit

Probably just a lens flare, have a look using a really strong pair of sunglasses (or multiple pairs) and you will see theres nothing there.
edit on 6/3/2011 by TopsyKretts87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/2011 by TopsyKretts87 because: Ammendment to grammar

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Just use IMGUR

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
hmm....

I saw this same thing in another thread.......it was a video of the sun, but he used the reflection from a pool..

Anyone know what this is?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Were these pictures taken through glass?
Second line.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Anything like this, that can't be seen with the naked eye but only turns up when a picture is taken, is an optic anomaly in the camera... in this case, a lens flare. I'm always suspicious when someone says something only appears when they look at the pictures...if you couldn't see it in the first place, it probably wasn't there. In this case, a picture really isn't worth a thousand words... you should really have said you could see it with your naked eye.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't think it's an image flare...I took the pictures again when I got home with my daughter's iphone and it has the same thing...she's not here or else i would have her send me her pics...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
lens flare maybe?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

lens flare will happene with what ever camera you use

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Anything like this, that can't be seen with the naked eye but only turns up when a picture is taken, is an optic anomaly in the camera... in this case, a lens flare. I'm always suspicious when someone says something only appears when they look at the pictures...if you couldn't see it in the first place, it probably wasn't there. In this case, a picture really isn't worth a thousand words... you should really have said you could see it with your naked eye.

Why should I have said it's visible to the naked eye? It's not! If it is, my eyes don't have the capacity to focus in on it...thus, it's not visible to the naked eye! Just asking folks...I don't know what it is...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Interesting. It could be a flare, but the object seems too well defined (perfectly round) while lens flares are usually messy. And the orb himself projects a red flare - like the sun itself - making it appear as a concrete sky object and not an optical phenomenon. It's also true that when you take shots of our star cameras have to be really good set and with the right filters to avoid troubles and overexpositions. Intriguing, I have to say.
Just my two cents, I am not a professional photograph.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join