It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The correct timing to drink water will maximise its effectiveness to the human body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You don't need to sip on bottle after bottle of water daily to make sure that you are healthy. In times where there is only a limited amount of water, its important to understand when is the best time to feed you're body water for max effectiveness.

1 - 1 glass after you wake up helps activate internal organs
2 - 2 glasses of water before meal will help digestion
3 - 1 glass before you sleep will help avoid stroke or heart attack at midnight
4 - 1 glass after taking a bath helps lower blood pressure.

after all the body just throws out what it doesnt need, so stop drinking a gallon of water everyday. 3-4 glasses is more than enough.

hard times are upon us people, treat water with respect.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've heard drinking water before a meal/during the meal, is actually worse for digestion.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
You don't need to sip on bottle after bottle of water daily to make sure that you are healthy. In times where there is only a limited amount of water, its important to understand when is the best time to feed you're body water for max effectiveness.

after all the body just throws out what it doesnt need, so stop drinking a gallon of water everyday. 3-4 glasses is more than enough.

Really? Is this from the dark ages guide of how to stay healthy? Please don't try and pass on information unless you know its true and actually helpful.

The amount of water you need is dependent on the environment and amount of activity you are doing. When you think your just passing on that "extra" water its actually doing some very helpful stuff.

In times of massive water conservation, why are you taking a bath and worried about your blood pressure? how many people do you know who have not had a stroke at midnight and didn't drink a glass of water before they slept. Wouldn't it matter then when you also went to bed?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Very interesting. S & F from a noobie to you.

However, I do have a few questions.

1 - You say two glasses before meals. Assuming three meals a day do you mean a total of six glasses, or about 2/3rds of a glass before each meal?

2 - Why does one keep hearing references to 8 glasses a day (64 ounces) being ideal? My sister, who is a nurse and a total "health freak" also believes 8 is the ideal number. (But then again, she'll probably change that view next time she reads a column in "Health Freaks Quarterly".)

3 - Where did you come by this information?

I fully agree with what you say about respecting water and its usage. It would be great if we could all do a bit of conserving all the while maintaining the benefits. Also, with all those darn water bottles filling up our landfills you can double down on the benefits of reducing consumption.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If water conservation was such a huge deal, we'd be utilizing gray-water more efficiently, like recycling it for flushing toilets.

Until people stop taking more than 1 shower or bath per day, I'll continue to drink 1-2 gallons of tea and water per day. It's just that much more healthy than having a mere 5 cups.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
[quote

I LOLED so hard.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

SO...you say that three to four glasses a day is more than enough and 1 glass before bed helpes prevent a heart attack at MIDNIGHT? Does that mean I might have one at three?

Seriously. Where did you get this information? Care to provide links or studies or anything to back this up? This is a pretty bold statement to make and as someone who is constantly pushing those I love to drink more, I am actually a bit irritated by it.

Nothing you have stated here as any medical relevance. Baths themselves will actually lower your pressure because the heat causes vasodialation which opens the vessels and decreases volume. If you were to drink a big glass of cold water right after, you may give yourself a headache AND increase your pressure. It's good to replace the fluids lost through perspiration but what you are claiming is completely false.

The stroke and heart attack thing...again, no medical basis here. If you want to prevent heart attack and stroke then live a healthy lifestyle drink plenty of water throughout the day (to stay hydrated) and take a baby aspirin before bed to help keep your blood from clotting.

I have never heard of water 'activating' internal organs. It does help to flush your body of toxins and impurities by stimulating your kidneys and keeping things moving (to put it very simply)

You have presented this information as if it were facts and given some very bad advice regarding how much water to drink. If I were to only drink three glasses a day I would feel horrible. I drink close to a gallon a day and could do more...and I am not even that active. As other posters have said, it is different for all of us but there are plenty of medically backed studies that indicate we on average need at least 8 glasses a day. I find that isn't half what most of us do. There have also been many studies that indicate most of us mistake thirst for hunger.

You want to promote saving water? What we drink is a ridiculous way to do it. How about taking a five minute shower instead of twenty? Get a water restrictor for you shower head and don't take as many baths.

A huge
for this thread. I hope no one takes it seriously.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
How to stay hydrated:

Drink and eat (fruits and vegetables contain water) enough throughout the day such that one's urine is clear. That's all you have to do. When and how you do this, is up to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Really? Is this from the dark ages guide of how to stay healthy? Please don't try and pass on information unless you know its true and actually helpful.

this is not about staying healthy although drinking 2 glasses of water before a meal helps on weight loss, but this is more about using the limited resources you have to maximum effectiveness.

The amount of water you need is dependent on the environment and amount of activity you are doing. When you think your just passing on that "extra" water its actually doing some very helpful stuff.

indeed, it all depends on different aspects, but i see people sitting on the computer sipping on water every 2 minutes, going toilet every 10 minutes. i dont think its right.

when i was in eygpt, the guys who worked near the pyramids hardly drank any water, they still had healthy looking skin. those guys would only drink water when they need it, and they knew when they needed it. of course they also relied on their clothing which protected them from the sun, they were fully covered in the desert, but no sweat! very interesting.

In times of massive water conservation, why are you taking a bath and worried about your blood pressure? how many people do you know who have not had a stroke at midnight and didn't drink a glass of water before they slept. Wouldn't it matter then when you also went to bed?

yeh and maybe theres no hot water to begin with so you wash with cold water and instead you want a hot drink afterwards but that was not the point. look at it from another point of view, if someone has high blood pressure then you give them water. its good for them. simple.

ps if you're trying to survive then you're health is a number one priority, and high blood pressure is not good as far as i know.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

While I appreciate the attempt at informing everyone, please provide some links to support your claims as I would be interested to see them and read which studies or MDs support your hypothesis'.

I was able to find this on the Mayo Clinc website that suppports LadySkadi's information and gives a little bit more as they have found that women and men seem to have different hydration needs. Keep in mind however that that this is under normal circumstances and does not take into account the added stresses on the physical person in a survivalist type of environment.

Even apart from the above approaches, if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) or more of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate. If you're concerned about your fluid intake, check with your doctor or a registered dietitian. He or she can help you determine the amount of water that's best for you.

Emphasis added is mine.

Dietary recommendations. The Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

Source for both exerpts

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
When I am out camping, 20 litres of water lasts about 6 days, 4 days if it is really hot. The climate and what you are doing makes a big difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I've been drinking 1 gallon of Distilled Water everyday for the past week. My kids got an infection and cough, they got antibiotics and prednisone and it lasted 2 weeks. My wife got the same infection, she is on her second round of antibiotics and prednisone, and she isn't feeling better yet.

I got the same infection, I switched up to eating raw vegetables, taking Colloidal Silver 3x a day, and drinking a gallon of distilled water, and my infection was gone in 3 days.....no Doctor.

A little more related to your OP, I have always kept a bottle of water by my bed, but it creates a restless sleep because of urination pains. Since I have stopped drinking water before bed, I have been sleeping better and waking up with less back pain. I drink plenty of water during the day, but I have stopped drinking it after about 9 p.m. and I think I feel better this way.

On the topic of conserving water, I agree with other posters. Gray Water should be utilized more effectively, and many newer septic systems are doing exactly that. Some new campers do that as well.

If water supply is in emergency situations, one should only drink the bare minimum to replace what is lost, and "sipping" is much more useful than "gulping." Also, urine can be recycled at least twice, so if the situation looks dire, save that urine, it might buy a few extra days after the water runs out!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

About that aspirin:
It is only useful to take an aspirin before sleep once you have already had a heart attack or have a heart condition, otherwise it is completely useless, if you want to stay alive in a survival scenario then it is better to save those aspirins for when they are really needed

join