It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving a life: A doctor's duty -- a husband's, too

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I respect the man for sticking with his wife. It's great. That's what he's supposed to do.

I respect him for being a medical student. That's hard to do.

I respect him for being there to treat anyone. That's what he's supposed to do.

But he was doing what he was supposed to do. To some people that seems amazing, to me, it's not. These are every day situations, I'm just de-sensitized to them.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I respect the man for sticking with his wife. It's great. That's what he's supposed to do.

But he was doing what he was supposed to do. To some people that seems amazing, to me, it's not. These are every day situations, I'm just de-sensitized to them.

well heres a news flash for ya. no one likes a rain cloud on a sunny day.
yes he was doing what he was supposed to do I congratulate you on being able to read a story and give us your dark thoughts on it now can you stop bringing us down.
edit on 3/6/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

are you by any chance a med student or a doctor ????? if not then how in the world would you know if what this guy did was the right thing to save his wifes life ?
cnn thinks this guy is awesome and so should you

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Ever heard of the saying: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

That applies pretty aptly for this thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

I'm not A Medical Student or a Doctor.

However I am working my ass off to get myself into medical school.

I am also an EMT Basic.

I'm not saying the guy did anything wrong, I'm saying the story isn't interesting.
He did everything he was expected to do.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzscapez

Please, spare me your comments.
Unless you're actually in the medical field and have had a chance to see these situations, I don't think you have room to talk.

He did what he had to do, and it's not like he performed heart surgery with a butter knife, a bike pump and a pig in the process.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by alysha.angel

I'm not A Medical Student or a Doctor.

However I am working my ass off to get myself into medical school.

I am also an EMT Basic.

I'm not saying the guy did anything wrong, I'm saying the story isn't interesting.
He did everything he was expected to do.

would hate to have an EMT with your outlook on life come save me when in need.

you really are good at telling us what youre NOT saying.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Ok, I hope you get an EMT that stands around and says "Awwww..they're dieing. I wish this persons spouse were standing around and also is in medical school so they can save them for love"

Personally, I'll do whatever I can within my very serious limitations to save you.

Don't mistake the fact that I don't think this story is interesting with me not caring about people.
There's a reason I want to be a doctor, and it has nothing to do with wanting to just feel good about myself or make lots of money. Of course it's probably easier to generalize, isn't it?

Maybe you should look at what I'm actually saying rather than what you think I'm saying.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I actually was.

I'm sure you've never worked hard at something and wanted to relax for a bit.

But I'm glad you're digging through 3 month old threads. Maybe you'd like to stay on topic in your own thread.

My position stands, this guy was doing what he was supposed to. If you're inspired all the more power to you. I'm not. He was doing this job. Maybe you guys can't understand my position, but I think you guys would if you've had my training and seen the things I have. I can understand why you guys are amazed at this, and I'm sorry if you think I'm trolling your thread.. But there's just nothing special about this story. It's a routine medical emergency, nothing special was done.. And if I had my wife in my arms dieing from choking on her own vomit, I would exhaust every possibility to keep her alive long enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It is an amazing mushy great example of how humans can be.

Part of the issue with medical personnel caring for their loved ones, is the commonality of "panicking" when faced with a loved one needing immediate medical attention. Faced with the fears they have in regards to someone they care about, can leave them "frozen" and not being able to "remember" what to do, just as with any other human.

One that comes to mind is a story I read about a few years back, a family was having dinner one night when their child started choking, even though the dad was a surgeon and had been for many years he panicked, and could not remember what to do and the child almost died. The mom jumped in and cleared the child's airway.

Not everyone has the ability to shut off their emotions when an emergency takes place, even physicians can be overwhelmed by the attachment they have to a family member when an emergency takes place.

Great inspiring thread! Thank you for the reminder of why humans deserve a future.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Did you actually read the op?

This is one of the most amazing stories I've ever come across. It is truly a rare occurrence for her to have survived this ordeal, and that her husband was her guardian angel on both occasions. While it's hard to find any good news in this time of uncertainty, it's comforting to know that small miracles can still happen.

What exactly do you disagree about with this statement. That it's common place for a husband to save his wifes life twice? (a common occurrence according to you backed up by the amazing fact that you have BASIC emt skills that let you splint someone leg and give them an aspirin ) or that this is a good bit of news in a bad time?

Finding anything to troll in a thread like this is unbelievable
edit on 6-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I suppose that's true.

I realize it's a challenge to stab your wife in the throat, even if he had to do it.
Still, I'm desensitized, and while most people will think that's a bad thing.. It's actually what you have to be. It's hard to treat people when you're going "Oh my god oh my god oh my god, there's blood everywhere."

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think it's great, but that also happens all the time too.

I can do a bit more than give people aspirin and splint their leg.

And who you have to save is pointless. Your wife, some woman on the street ect, it doesn't matter who needs to be treated, you treat them anyways. And it makes perfect sense it would be his wife, considering she lives with him.

And I'm not trolling.
I'm not impressed by the circumstances.
You know what interests me? The boy with no cerebellum or pons. This is a routine situation in this thread.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
*** Temporarily closed pending staff review ***

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ****

Post on topic and in a civil manner.

Stop the name calling and get on with the discussion.

Thank You.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well I'll be the first to apologize for the deconstructive way in which I behaved. For partaking in a fight and unfortunately contributing to it's escalation.

I'll agree to disagree with Miraj. These types of stories might be common in his field of work but it doesn't mean it's common in everyones daily lives. I welcome any and all positive stories, no matter how common they may be.

We need more news that contributes to inspiring people and showing that in a world as cynical as ours positive things still happen. Amazing things infact.

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join