It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CANCER CURED * Big Pharma does not have interest in it !?!??!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
im so mad right now, i could break down my laptop

so, here it is

There is cancer cure, but Pharma business says NO!!!

#@!@*%%$#@!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is no money in a cure, only in treating the symptoms.

edit on 6-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A cure doesn't generate revenue so they will stick with treatments that take months and will never lead to a cure. This is the motto of the corporate pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is terrible. If everyone in the country would just donate a dollar, they could make this work. If big pharma won't invest in it, maybe we all should. If some celebrity could be a spokesperson to get the message out, maybe then the masses will hear it?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
DCA shows promise but there are some problems which need to be addressed with more research.

A controlled clinical trial of DCA for the treatment of congenital lactic acidosis in children found that the drug was well tolerated at a dose of 12.5 mg/kg every 12 hours and blunted the increase in circulating lactate following a meal [5]. Patients received placebo for 6 months and then were randomly assigned to receive an additional 6 months of placebo or DCA. However, the drug failed to improve neurologic outcome. The efficacy of DCA was also evaluated for the treatment of mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke-like episodes (MELAS) [6]. The clinical trial ended early because of onset or worsening peripheral toxicity; all 15 of 15 patients randomized to DCA (25 mg/kg/day) were removed from the trial compared to 4 of 15 patients randomized to placebo. The authors concluded that DCA-associated neuropathy dominated the assessment of any potential benefit in MELAS.

www.highlighthealth.com...

The Doctor who first researched DCA as a cancer treatment wants more studies.

Dr Evangelos Michelakis is living every researcher's worst nightmare. The therapy he painstakingly studied, verified and re-verified, has been hijacked and risks harming the very people it was meant to heal.

www.nationalreviewofmedicine.com...

Research is ongoing and encouraging. Rather than panicking over an old TV show you should do some of your own.
stm.sciencemag.org...
edit on 3/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

It could all start here if we all decided it could. If everyone backed this and made an effort, than this website could you its powers for good.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
scientists get grants from huge corporations for example Rockefella grants and the scientists must reasearch what they are told or they lose their grants and like the posters said above no money in curing this is why drs treat symptoms not illnesses this is a cruel world we live in and an example of that is when MERK Pharmaceuticals put lukemia in the polio vaccine in the 50s and 60s just to see what would happen..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage you legend, your back !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In all honesty this Drug does need more tests and Other forms of cancer reasearch are still underway, i belive there are better forms of cancer treatment just waiting to be perfected

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ok there are several cures for cancer, vitamin b-17, Raw vegetarian diet, sungrass or lemon grass (can't remember which) cannabis, and this new one in this post.
Those are just off of the top of my head.
If you or a loved one get cancer get your hands on these things and fix yourself, or them.
Why pay 100 million dollars or whatever to have Gumments stamp of approval on it.
If a drug kills you in the process of treating your cancer, big deal you were dying anyway, right?
Some people get cancer and say "Well this is it"! let them die if they will not try.
A cure for cancer is no big deal, we have had it, but for some it is just easier to give up.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
A cure doesn't generate revenue so they will stick with treatments that take months and will never lead to a cure. This is the motto of the corporate pharmaceutical companies.

Yea and I think this motto has to change. Capitalism isn't caring of others healtt, money is the only motivation, which is a big bad problem that has to be solved. I dream of one day these big hungry money people getting many $$$ to just fall when the true way to researches will not be altered.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

I was cured by radiation...fast and effective...and $32 out of pocket.
Doesn't seem to agree with the local paradigm, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What about Amygdalin, which can be found in Apricot seeds? In 2006 a Korean Department of Physiology, College of Medicine in Kyung Hee University posted a study on it and prostate cancer.

D-amygdalin (D-mandelonitrile-beta-D-gentiobioside) is known to exhibit selective killing effect on cancer cells. Apoptosis, programmed cell death, is an important mechanism in cancer treatment.

Here is a link to the summary: Amygdalin

Apricot seeds, like others, have been said to have cancer curing abilities for decades.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good follow up Phage but I wanted to add something respectfully.
In my humble opinion the point is not about the research per say, but about the market factors and the $100 million dollar price tag to get any cure through the approval process. If I am understanding the video correctly, independent of this particular drug, the potential cure and the valid research involved the real point is that a cure for cancer must be very expensive to offset the monies lost for other drug treatments that, albeit do not cure cancer, turn a hefty profit.

edit on 6-3-2011 by fringeofthefringe because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I suppose the real question is, "If you had cancer, would you be interested in this possibility?"

After personally witnessing 3 [horrible] deaths in my family due to cancer (or treatment thereof), I'd be first in line for clinical trials if I had any cancer whatsoever.

This story simply brings to fruition a question we've all had stashed away in the "embracing the madness" file for quite some time:

If there was a cure for something that makes the industry BILLIONS of dollars every year, would they tell anyone, or allow anyone to be told about it?

I think it's safe to say we've always known the answer to this question.

Even though there are a multitude of children suffering through and/or dying horrible deaths due to the cancer itself, resulting chemotherapy, or other popular (or profitable) treatments, if they had a cure, it would have to be made very expensive to even make a dent in the greed and torment rampant throughout this industry, let alone become as successful as say...the polio vaccine.

Doctors, otherwise labeled as "targets" by big pharma, can rarely practice health anymore, as they are seemingly forced (by way of hampered or enhanced career) to practice ONLY "medicine".

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fringeofthefringe

So you are saying, you can't see how we could avoid a 100 million dollar pricetag to save hundreds of thousands, probably millions of lives, but we spend trillions at the drop of a hat to kill people?
That angle always plexed me too.
Death is just to profitable for the machine, and if we die off young, there is nobody to remember the past.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fringeofthefringe

Yes. I understand that point.

To sensationalize DCA as a "cure for cancer" is false. The research so far shows it may be an effective treatment for a single form of brain cancer.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

You can buy and use DCA if you want to.
Cancer kills, often no matter what is done. It didn't kill me. The cost was worth it.

edit on 3/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis1

Please tell me this does not in any way shock or surprise you.
These are the same people who make boner pills.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Hey now,!!!!
Not all frivolous research is bad research.

Bob Dole smiles alot more than he used to.!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

What's up g146541?
Not sure if I got your point. I was saying that the video's value was not necessarily the new potential cure( obviously of great value), yet how the approval process for new drugs seems to discourage cures that do not yield a profit, unfortunately war yields a hefty profit.
I think we are on the same page here.

edit on 6-3-2011 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join