It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lucid dreaming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mathematic

i have found out that yuo can take certain vitamin supplements to help enhance your dreams and the best part they are all legal. I have tried taking B6 befroe i got to bed and i can really see a difference

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Guys about a week ago I believe I had my first lucid dream.

In my dream I was sleeping and woke up to walk to my living room when I noticed a shiny blue car was outside and a HUGE OPTIMUS PRIME (yes and I haven't been watching transformers) walking outside the house. Anyways I was freaked out and decided to hide in my room when suddenly I started thinking about whether it was a dream and thought back to ATS where somebody mentioned to switch the lights to check if you are lucid dreaming so I switched the lights and DAY TURNED INTO NIGHT. I switched it back and decided now that I knew I was lucid dreaming that I can try to fly so I opened my front door and immediately started flying, the whole experience was so great that after 20 seconds of flying straight up in the air I woke up.

Is this normal?

I haven't been able to lucid dream since, I want to lucid dream so badly again...the flying experience was just so phenomenal!!!

The flying wasn't really controlled by me but by my thought of wanting to fly, it was more like floating but very fast. Being able to tell that I was in a dream was such an amazing feeling.
edit on 23-6-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

getting to excited and waking up is a very hard thing to get past. recently i have had 8 lucid dreams and 6 of them i went " oh wow i am dreaming" and then woke up. i have read that you need to try and calm down, next time while you are in a LD trying rubbing your hands together. it is suppose to help you relax while you are in the dream. i did this for my last LD and it really helped. the dream was longer and i felt like i had more control

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The weird thing is, when I become aware in a lucid dream the first thing I try to do is stay calm. It is very hard to do, because it's like being in physical reality- with no physical or social law. You just wanna go nuts and experiment.

Strangley, in my lucid dreams two weeks ago, I referred to Laberge and Rheingold's book during the dream. I also recalled an internet article I read about 90% of lucid dreams being used for sexual gratification. The next lucid experiment I will try if I'm able to recall the memory is to demonstrate arithmetic operations on a written surface. I heard you cannot comprehend symbols in a dream, but these lucid experiments are so real.

Through lucid experimentation you can construct physical simulations and experiments. This is the most fascinating part of lucid dreaming to me. If we sleep one third of our life, and dream a quarter of our sleep, that means I can convert an additional 1/12th of my life in to productivity time available to my existence. The time I take from family and work to experiment, can now be performed while asleep.

If you're at all interested in this and don't want to bother reading any books about it, here's how to get started. I use a laptop, but you can use a notepad. Leave something by your bedside to scribe. Anytime you wake in the middle of the night, you will most likely recall a dream. If you go back to sleep without recording it, you'll most likely forget it. If you write down all you recall, you'll refer to it later and it will trigger memory. A brief reference to your dreams will create some type of symbolism. You'll start to recognize symbols in your dreams, and then in your dreams you can become aware you're dreaming. Wala, you're lucid. Sky is the limit.
edit on 24-6-2011 by mathematic because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
By the way, before I became lucid I had documented 4 dreams. The 4 dreams I documented were two typed pages worth of information. I described how I felt in the dreams, what I saw, and what I was anticipating. I drew a correlation between them in the fact that they all contained water. The water however had nothing to do with me becoming lucid. Since wanting to become lucid, and actually becoming lucid, it took me 3 weeks, with only about one week actively trying. I don't know how I became aware in the dream, but I used the scratching paint referred to earlier in this thread to recognize I was aware.

I usually grab the laptop when I wake in the middle of the night, enter the bathroom with a light on with one eye open and document my dream with as much information as I can and reflecting how I felt in the dream. I turn off the light, close the open eye exposed to light and open the closed eye that never saw light and can easily find my way back to bed. My eyes never strain to adapting to the light and I easily fall back asleep.

In the morning from 5:30am on, this is my most active dreaming period. This time of year allows daylight to creep through my window, so I can document much more information while laying in bed.
edit on 24-6-2011 by mathematic because: light/dark

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

i have really good dream recall, i can wake up in the morning and remember 2-3 dreams plus some fragments.
one of my last LDs happened because in my dream i was reading a book and it was all backwards, so i knew it was a dream. some times i get frustrated becasue i have so many dreams with obvious dream sign and i miss them. the past two weeks i have been getting better and i hope it continues.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You guys want lucid dreams? Try using a nicotine patch an hour before you go to sleep. You'll get some crazy lucid dreams. No joke...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

I found that once I stopped using nicotine, I was able to rest more peacefully and initiate a lucid dream. I was chewing those copenhagen pouches, like half a tin a day. I was wired all the time. Recently I stopped, now even after a ton of coffee I yawn all day long. I just need to get past the nicotine addiction, then smooth sailing.

Anyway, nicotine never allowed me to have a lucid dream. Crazy dreams yes, lucid no.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Before you are free from nicotine addiction, try the patches before you go to sleep. Your crazy vivid dreams might turn into lucid dreams.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What are some other ways to make proof of the dream?

So far I only know:

1) switch the lights, supposedly lights aren't supposed to work?
2) guess a neon paint color through a door and do a scratch test.
3) we don't comprehend symbols in dreams

All I know is having control of the dream is brilliant, flying is amazing and I want to do it again.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You can also do something nuts in the dream, to know your dreaming. For instance, in my last lucid dream I gave my best friend's two year old son a golden shower, and he floated away. To me is was hysterical, and my best friend just watched me do it. At that point, I knew I was in a lucid dream. Then I started to try to fly, got too excited, and woke up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join