It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Judge grills Rumsfeld! "Did Saddam Get WMDs From You?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If we sold anything to Iraq they would've used them by now but since they never had them to begin with means that this is a lie.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Yes, I would agree that Rumsfield lied then, and now...................But, do you really believe that was a grilling????

The questions seem to have been pretty structured so as to answer most americans questions, but, no question was asked more than once, or restructured to get to the truth...........

Seemed like quite the soft pitch questioning.

Just my 2 cents.

Parker

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

If we sold anything to Iraq they would've used them by now but since they never had them to begin with means that this is a lie.

Oh yea, those WMD's that were given to Iraq were never used so apparently they never had them. Where have you been living, in a cave?

The Halabja poison gas attack (Kurdish: Kîmyabarana Helebce), also known as Halabja massacre or Bloody Friday, was an incident that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War, when chemical weapons were used by the Iraqi government forces in the Kurdish town of Halabja in Iraqi Kurdistan. The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured around 7,000 and 10,000 more, most of them civilians

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-3-2011 by jackflap because: Tags.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Gas supplied by Israel.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ok, first you reply with this (The external text below) and I show you that you are wrong believing that Iraq was not in possession of WMD's given to him by the people mentioned in the source I provided.

Now you say that Israel supplied the gas to Iraq, admitting that yes, Iraq did have WMD's and deployed them but they were given to Iraq by Israel. Or are you trying to say that Israel deployed the gas and not Iraq? In either case, your cryptic little posts of few words do no good to anyone who is seriously looking into this matter.

Short one line posts are frowned upon here and when someone makes claims like the ones you are making, sources are usually provided to back up the claims. Get it together and try again.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Alot of speculation says that Israel launched it and not us or Iraq meaning unequivocally that Iraq had no WMD's!

We invaded Iraq when they started to sell their oil in Euros and we demanded that all oil sales be conducted in USD where we can control the currency exchange but since he did made him an enemy.

No WMD's were ever found, the myth that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 was a lie,

No wmd's confirmed by Bush in Dec 08 :
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I know there were no weapons at the time we went in to look for them. The thing is, did Iraq have them in eighty eight when poisonous gas was used on the Kurds? I never heard about Israel doing it and I couldn't find anything to support that.

Anyway, nice post and nice video you linked to. Bush is falling over his own words!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I know there were no weapons at the time we went in to look for them. The thing is, did Iraq have them in eighty eight when poisonous gas was used on the Kurds? I never heard about Israel doing it and I couldn't find anything to support that.

Anyway, nice post and nice video you linked to. Bush is falling over his own words!

Israel would launch a gas attack on Iraq if Hussein had the money to pay for it. That would've easily allowed Hussein to contract out for the work without getting his hands dirty.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm personally curious about whatever happened to that $2.3 trillion that Rumsfeld told the world the Pentagon had no track of. Interesting, too, how that bombshell was lost in the shuffle the next day, for obvious reasons (note the date of Rumsfeld's admission).

(CBS) On Sept. 10, [2001], Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

He said money wasted by the military poses a serious threat.

"In fact, it could be said it's a matter of life and death," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day ? Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten...

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

More at source (CBS)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I visualize Rummy with a little less meat on his face, and a dark hood; I see the Grim Reaper.

I remember the first allegations of torture against the US. Ever. (at least publicized as if trying to gain public acceptance).

Then he steps down at a very weird time, right as the GOP was defeated in the 2006 elections. (Not that GOP vs Dem makes any difference!). But it was weird timing in the middle of everyone finding out about the torture. And all the Generals turning their backs on him.

As an old infamous (in my younger days) running buddy said:
"It ain't no fun lyin' anymore once the trust is gone..."

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
that's why the saddam hussein trial was heavily censored. i thought it would be like the o.j. trial, with wall to wall coverage and every detail and comment analyzed.

instead, they only parts cnn showed live, were boring and meaningless technical legal matters.

i don't think i remember even seeing any saddam loyalists and saddam himself live on the stand.

edit on 6-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Geez I thought that was common knowledge...that we gave certain non-nuclear WMD to Iraq under Saddam to counter the Iranians. Maybe I just read it somewhere and you cant believe everything you read? Or maybe there were "known" and "unkown" WMDs and the Judge simply didn't "specify" so the former Defense Secty had plausible denial.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yes bush senior said rebel and we will come and help you. Sadam then used the gas we sold him on the kurds and of course bush didnt turn up.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

How unfortunate that the accounting wing of the Pentagon that housed the records of these missing funds was struck by an aircraft that no one seems to have footage of even though it approached the most heavily protected building on the planet with scores of cameras covering every angle of approach. From what I understand the novice pilot performed maneuvers that are unequivocally impossible even for veteran airline pilots to accomplish this feat.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Their strong source, (1) guy that went by the name "curve-ball." He through them for a curve alright and they used his word to justify us going to war in Iraq. He was their convenient scapegoat.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i dont want to devalue this thread or the points raised but the question that always comes to my mind is who determins who is and who is not permitted to own chemcial and necular weapons and what criteria is this detrermination made? Is it the the US.

Who authorises the US to have and use chemcial and necular weapons? Are not phosfors bombs chemcial weapons. Which country is the only country to have used necuar weapons in anger??????

care to speculate???

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Its not about who has them, or who is allowed to have them.

Its about the US helping Saddam and giving him these weapons and then using that as an excuse in invade Iraq. Seems like there was a double standard there by the Bush administration at the time.

But during the 90's when the US place sanctions on Iraq, Saddam got rid of his weapons like he said he did and the US still invaded.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

S&F Good thread ugie1028

What bothers me is Donald Rumsfeld book made it to number one best seller list, and this tells me how brainwashed Americans are. No one could give me any amount of money to read Rumsfeld lies. Rumsfeld played a part of 911and he tried to cover up his Treasons crimes, later he was force to resigned from the Bush administration because of his corruption, why on God green earth would anyone want to believe in anything this proven lair has to say. All I can say is mainstream media has done their job well at dumbing down and misinforming the American people.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

He and Fox News probably bought up all his books to put it on the top list. Heh heh!

This guy is such an oily liar, UGH.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

S&F Good thread ugie1028

What bothers me is Donald Rumsfeld book made it to number one best seller list, and this tells me how brainwashed Americans are. No one could give me any amount of money to read Rumsfeld lies. Rumsfeld played a part of 911and he tried to cover up his Treasons crimes, later he was force to resigned from the Bush administration because of his corruption, why on God green earth would anyone want to believe in anything this proven lair has to say. All I can say is mainstream media has done their job well at dumbing down and misinforming the American people.

I totally second you on that
i know all of this .. but im sure the millions of americans who wasted 50$ + tx on his book they still think he his some sort of a hero

why would they think that ???

THE NEWS OF TODAY ARE THE REAL WMD... brainwashed so many people into real phoken zombies
that can no more think by themself

why is FOX still on air ?? .. that building should burn to the ground in the futur american revolution
they killed so many with they lies

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join