It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Judge grills Rumsfeld! "Did Saddam Get WMDs From You?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Rummy! No you didn't!

THE JUDGE GRILLS RUMSFELD! "Did Saddam Get WMDs From You?"

Yea he did

WOW he blatantly lies that he didn't give Saddam WMD's (Chemical and biological) in the 80's!

Just wow!

Added:

Wikipedia

Wikipedia again

GWU.EDU

Daily Mail (Quoted from this link)

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.

As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.

The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

The extraordinary details have come to light because thousands of State Department documents dealing with the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war have just been declassified and released under the Freedom of Information Act.

edit on 3/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: Adding links to prove he lied about the WMD's supplied by the US in the 80's

edit on 7-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well if he lied
hes 1 hell of a actor

im not a fan of rumsfeld
but i think he handled himself an answered the questions well

peace

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

hate this guy .. he is worst then Saddam himself and by far
lie lie lie lie .. manipulate the truth ..manipulate the truth .. lie .. lie

him cheney and bush ...all the same

they did sell WMD to Saddam .. the USA is like Nicolas Cages in the Lord of War

edit on 3/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why all prepared questions.
I'd love to ask him about much more.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Really? Your going to post this? why dont you make your own thread with this video and stay on topic!?

This is about Rumsfeld and catching him in a lie...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As the entire world witnessed his allegations back then, we know today they were lies. How do I know; we all seen him lie through his teeth! This man should not be freely walking this earth as he is today for his actions helped kill hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. When I mentioned helped kill, I mean helped murder!

edit on 6-3-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is from a Wiki page...

The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips. Both companies have since undergone reorganization and Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum is now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and discount fossil fuel company, while Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc.[24] Alcolac was named as a defendant in the Aziz v. Iraq case presently pending in the United States District Court (Case No. 1:09-cv-00869-MJG).

Rummy was in the Reagan Administration. He knows damn well how Saddam made the gas.

en.wikipedia.org...

[Mod Edit added external quote tags]
edit on 6/3/2011 by Sauron because: include ex tags

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I like the interviewer. Its so unusual to see someone with real intelligence allowed to question these guys.

What proof do we have that he is lying about the WMDs though? Thats the main thing I would offer to improve your thread. If you are going to claim he is caught in a lie, offer the proof in the OP along with the video of him lying.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

dam this guy is so full of crap...

"the president authorized it"

wtf Hitler authorized actions that his troops were busted for following..

and here is a Presidential Executive Order specifically going around the Geneva Conventions of War conduct naming people enemy combatants..

and this guy was not in Reagan's cabinet in any capacity when he went over there to negotiate with Saddam because it would have been a serious scandal..

so if Saddam hung for crimes done later with chemicals supplied by Rumsfeld.. why hasnt this jerk been under fire?

and he has no Idea building 7 at the WTC fell...

not to mention aspartame ..

some people should just drop dead..

just so entirely sick of these traitors to America..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dyax-
well if he lied
hes 1 hell of a actor

im not a fan of rumsfeld
but i think he handled himself an answered the questions well

Of course he did. He wouldn't have done the interview if he didn't think he could do it convincingly. These folks are pathological liars. He's done it before and he'll do it again.

link   

Now where was it that I saw that article from CBS News? Oh yeah, here it is.

U.S. And Iraq Go Way Back Report: Documents Show Cozy Relationship During Iran-Iraq War Dec. 31, 2002

(CBS) Newly released documents show that U.S. officials, including Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, played a leading role in building up Iraq's military in the 1980s when Iraq was using chemical weapons, a newspaper reports. It was Rumsfeld, now defense secretary and then a special presidential envoy, whose December 1983 meeting with Saddam Hussein led to the normalization of ties between Washington and Baghdad, according to the Washington Post.

The cozy relationship was an effort to build a regional bulwark against America's enemies in Iran. The newspaper says a review of a large tranche of government documents reveals that the administrations of President Reagan and the first President Bush both authorized providing Iraq with intelligence and logistical support, and okayed the sale of dual use items — those with military and civilian applications — that included chemicals and germs, even anthrax and bubonic plague.

www.cbsnews.com...

link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Mizzijr

Really? Your going to post this? why dont you make your own thread with this video and stay on topic!?

This is about Rumsfeld and catching him in a lie...

Lol, I know, I know.. Sorry for derailing. Forgive my insolence.

SN: There is already a thread on that....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Check my post out with that video. There is more than enough proof out there. I agree with you though, the OP should have added the more than ample amount of evidence of his lies.

I still S & F'd the OP

link   

here is one:

Wikipedia

Its well known that the US sold Iraq weapons; Biological and chemical to Iraq in the 80's and even gave them equipment to help them make mustard gas.

link   
reply to post by spicypickle

He actually doesnt lie that well. He blinks like a mad bastard on some questions, and his body language gets distracting and slightly hysterical.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by spicypickle

He actually doesnt lie that well. He blinks like a mad bastard on some questions, and his body language gets distracting and slightly hysterical.

Well, he does it well enough to keep doing it. Obviously he doesn't lie well enough to fool anyone who already knows he's a liar and knows what to look for. Most people are just in denial that someone who lies that frequently would show his face on TV. Much less answer questions.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You would think after all the practice has had over the years that he would be able to pull off a lie convincingly. All those gestures and body movements, the blinking, the twitching, and the fact that it SEEMED like a staged interview still makes me wonder why he would still lets himself be interviewed.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Maybe he just feels that if he faces the questions in interviews he will give people the impression he has nothing to hide.

Maybe he feels that if he can make people believe his lies, he can regain that sense of justification he once had. I have seen videos of him and his wife being called murderers, and they both look upset. She more than him, but he looks pained by it too. Maybe he feels that if he could just convince the public he was justified in his actions, he wouldnt feel like an ass, and people would not harass him and his wife.

But thats my guess, that he is seeking peace for himself and his wife. And that subjecting himself to interviews and book writing those are his efforts to get the masses to agree with him, and if it works, he can lie to himself again about not being a monster.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Here is more ammo....

Helping Iraq Kill with Chemical Weapons:
The Relevance of Yesterday's US Hypocrisy Today (by Elson E. Boles October 10, 2002) [counterpunch.org]

The US not only helped arm Iraq with military equipment right up to the time of the Kuwait invasion in 1989, as did Germany, Britain, France, Russia and others, but also sold and helped Iraq to integrate chemical weapons into their US-provided battle plans while fighting Iran between 1985-1988.

According to a New York Times article in August, 2002, Col. Walter P. Lang, a senior defense intelligence officer at the time, explained that D.I.A. and C.I.A. officials "were desperate to make sure that Iraq did not lose" to Iran. "The use of gas on the battlefield by the Iraqis was not a matter of deep strategic concern," he said. One veteran said, that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas." "It was just another way of killing people _ whether with a bullet or phosgene, it didn't make any difference."

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war: Chemical and Biological exports. [wiki]

On May 25, 1994, the U.S. Senate Banking Committee released a report in which it was stated that "pathogenic (meaning 'disease producing'), toxigenic (meaning 'poisonous'), and other biological research materials were exported to Iraq pursuant to application and licensing by the U.S. Department of Commerce." It added: "These exported biological materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of reproduction."

The report then detailed 70 shipments (including Bacillus anthracis) from the United States to Iraqi government agencies over three years, concluding "It was later learned that these microorganisms exported by the United States were identical to those the UN inspectors found and recovered from the Iraqi biological warfare program."

Donald Riegle, Chairman of the Senate committee that authored the aforementioned Riegle Report, said:

U.N. inspectors had identified many United States manufactured items that had been exported from the United States to Iraq under licenses issued by the Department of Commerce, and [established] that these items were used to further Iraq's chemical and nuclear weapons development and its missile delivery system development programs. ... The executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think that is a devastating record.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control sent Iraq 14 separate agents "with biological warfare significance," according to Riegle's investigators.

Iraq and weapons of mass destruction: Western help with Iraq's WMD program. [wiki]

The United States exported support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war|over $500 million worth of dual use exports to Iraq that were approved by the Commerce department. Among them were advanced computers, some of which were used in Iraq's nuclear program. The non-profit American Type Culture Collection and the Centers for Disease Control sold or sent biological samples of anthrax, West Nile virus and botulism to Iraq up until 1989, which Iraq claimed it needed for medical research. A number of these materials were used for Iraq's biological weapons research program, while others were used for vaccine development. For example, the Iraqi military settled on the American Type Culture Collection strain 14578 as the exclusive anthrax strain for use as a biological weapon, according to Charles Duelfer.

Personal Disclosure:
OL is so freaking
that I'm

P.S. Rummy like all scummy stuff tends to unfortunately float to the top of the pond! EPIC LIE! EPIC FAIL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join