It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US is more economically "third world" than Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Oh yes, I didn't mean to imply I'm unfamiliar with US economics....sadly, I'm not.
But Mexico, I haven't studied at all. That's what I meant. I will however, keep up with reading the thread.
Flag for you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Right we're on the same page!! phew!

it may not have been an emotional response, for you, but in a lot of cases it will be, and emotion is what is need to enact change. You never heard of an apathetic revolution!! heheheh

So it's steps you want on how to change things.

Well given an all out social collapse scenario you seem to have that one covered and good for you.

Failure of that, or limited nature of that leaves the following. IF the information given by Pastor Williams is to be correct, and for those that have not heard it. The USD will be dead in the water, intentionally so, by Q4 2012

Sorry, his word, not mine. However he DID say from his sources that there would NOT be a shortage of food and supplies.

Just that no-one could afford them due to 1920's German style inflation (just look at the commodity prices now)

Bloomberg commodity index - keep track of this

You have to be careful about what advice you give. so these point are just my opinion and things I will be doing. I am not a financial adviser, whatever you do is you responsibility not mine
if you don't agree that's fine, I am just putting these up as discussion points.

So firstly DO watch the commodity market, ESPECIALLY the Futures market, if you see a spike in future contract prices, in something you need on a day to day basis i.e. corn or wheat. make sure you get it in before the prices trickling down to you. I do not know how long this takes. Not long I figure.

Secondly, Do protect you liquid assets with hard tradeable assets. sometimes that Gold and or Silver, but what is the point of this if you have nowhere local to sell. So

Thirdly, know your LOCAL market. What is it your town, village, neighborhood needs, do they want a currency replacement, in which case gold or silver pieces might do. maybe it is something else.

In any case Gold and Silver is always advisable from my standpoint to have in a small holding. if nothing else to protect you money from inflation.

$100 today buys 3 Silver Oz or a week food shop. next year $100 might buy you a days food, but 3 silver oz will buy you ..... a weeks food shop. you get my meaning?

All I am saying here is not about surviving a Mad Max scenario, I do not think it will be that way, plus that is a film. But Germany style inflation HAS happened in the US, and can again. and I firmly believe that is where the world is heading. (Mexico too)

The way around it is literally to decide NOT to take part in it. Think asset protection. think LOCAL. not state, not national not global, but LOCAL.

Mexico has had the currency devaluation, and that is what they did. they went local, and still do. You can buy at wallmart, but why do that when you can buy fresh from your friends and neighbors.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
I’m convinced. Mexico is a much better place to raise a family. I’m swimming south, anybody with me?

I am! In Mexico I feel safer, relaxed and at peace. The people are warm and loving, the living is easy and inexpensive, The fishing is incredible and Surf up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That's great. but you see what I mean about keeping things on a local economic scale. What do you see there in just eh first part of the video?

A guy with his bike, selling BIG fish that he most likely has caught.

If he doesn't sell them, then at least his family have a big BIG fish for dinner that night!

win win

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
if America stopped pouring all of it's money into lobbyists, the war machine, black projects and foreign aid, and focused on education and alternative fuels, we'd be king.
but...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

But this is the point, at this stage of the game it wouldn't help. there is still the little point of 8 Trillion debt to take care of.

Regardless of what GDP is only if the US gob instituted 100% tax across the board, would it be able to pay off all debt.

that's not going to happen so in the mean time the interest just keeps accumulating, and from recent reports, tax revenues in the US are not even enough to pay the interest. So they keep printing money to keep the game going. in the end, it just keep devaluing the worth of the money. simple supply and demand, too much supply of currency reduces it's worth. And it's been the same way since 1913. Except now they tell you to print massive amounts is good for the economy!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

the US govt would have so much money they would choke on it if there was no foreign aid given out.

i don't eat hamburgers btw, i do like turkey burgers though gobble gobble.

I am mixed cherokee/scot/german/polish/who knows what else. My ancestors were here before a'merca existed.

noone around the world helped feed my grandparents and their parents during the turn of the century. they worked tirelessly for MY chance at a better life, NOT to feed the rest of the world at my expense. My grandfather wasn't even allowed an education in TN cause he wasn't white [native american]. then i come along, watch him die of black lung in his 50's from choking to death as a coal mining slave. for what?

so a bunch of mexicans can destroy MY quality of life thru running down my kids school system, hospitals, killing the wages in the US, and requiring me to learn spanish to get a job..OR we send our money to them?
when there are kids here in a'merca going to bed hungry..

turd world should fix their own problems instead of getting a handout at my expense. was mexico one of our allies in ww1 or ww2? did they earn anything that requires my nation to support them?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

The OP is about the economic crisis that the US is in but since you asked Mexico was an ally in WWII and actually is the second largest supplier of oil to the US and about 170 Billion dollars worth of products (not including MJ) to the US. Looks like good business partners to me.

Petroleum Imports Top 15

edit on 6-3-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Dont forget the USA is also more Mexican than Mexico

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

jakius, I appreciate your well thought out and well written posts. your a smart person to say the least.
I think the part that breaks my heart personally is when Clinton was in office, we were in a trillion+ debt.
i think the amount was for every man, woman and child in the US, he quoted we each have to pay upwards of $46,000.00 to get out of debt.

I used to go camping every month in Utah, and I remember reading on the way home one trip that he took us not only out of debt, but gave us a trillion+ surplus!

I'm no mathematician, but are these metrics now out of touch?
thanks for your informative thread my friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
ZP, thanks for you comments man. just trying to do my bit to help wake people up, and hopefully help people help themselves. I believe in Karma, so if I am doing wrong. I am screwed cos I ain't going to stop! heheh

Interesting point you make about Clinton. I do not know the figures but I have heard that of a surplus. Now, I am not sure if this was a trade surplus, or a physical debt surplus. i.e. a balanced budget, as I read only today while researching another thread, that the last time the US had a balanced budget was during the Jackson administration.

(jeez I am learning so much about American history and I am not even American! hehehe)

So I would have to look at it

Quick look at the IMF show the last time thinks were good debt-wise, was up to 1916. After that it all goes a bit squiffy!! I guess the fed just took 3 years to get warmed up!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

No not another America hating thread, I just challenge to face your own situation, but no, in this case the first reaction of that poster, was to states something that indicates his lofty position over other countries he so clearly considers to be excrement!

Surely THAT is more offensive than anything factual I have stated here, So how am I insulting the US. I am simply stating facts. The insult given here was by that post. But maybe you too agree his position that people in "poorer" countries are excrement.

Let them eat cake, did I hear someone say that!??? no must have just been my ears then!
edit on 6/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

Lets do some basic comparisons of "quality of life". Yes we do have an obscene debt, largely due to our oil imports, and our spending is "calorie dense", needs a lot of work. Lets say our biggest creditor, China, decided to "call in" the debt we owe them? For quite sometime our economy would tank, and what do you think that would do to our (American) capacity to buy from China? China is nothing if not pragmatic. They are hardly stupid, to say the least. But one must point out what "actualized potential" is/and why it's one key to our national "fingerprint". When one defines "power" the ones that matter AT ANY ONE TIME are; 1: The nature of our country, the "States" are highly decentralized in ways very few countries come close to. This "individuality" is both an expression of local, or at least regional motivations/customs. Decentralized, mind-set and systems offers a degree of "robustness" We do need to change some things, like reducing our food transportation costs by doing more, agricultural locally and having technology systems back-ups. By the way, we have produced more food, and have much more in potential then a large chunk of the world, combined. At the end of any day a population suffering wide spread hunger is called "revolution", chaos, likely civil war. If it came time to ask would I rather have oil, or food coming out our ears, whats your choice? No one can touch us there. 2: Our technology specifically innovation is unmatched. 3: Despite the gripe's, and groans, our structural constructs work quite well. Call 911? You'll see what matters. 4: Any US corruption here makes us, compared to Mexico look like a convent bake sale. 5: Our military is unmatched, period. Numerous countries, (ah, no not Mexico) have excellent, professional military forces. Though the Mexican military is leaps and bounds above most institutions. Why is that so important? Aside from the obvious it is representative of "flexible response", but in this case in the R&D and industrial/advanced academic field. One reason why our Universities are so prized by many from "elsewhere" I am the first to admit we have many challenges. And perhaps if it wasn't for the corruption this time BOTH in the US and Mexico, we could put a serious dent in controlling our boarders. Where do I start with whats wrong with Mexico?

Easier question, whats NOT wrong with Mexico. The majority of the people are decent and very caring and don't forget have an enviable work ethic. Nice climate. Give me an hour, I might come up w/something else. Mexico is a Feudal State run by cartels that make our military&industrial complex who I have not always said nice things about look like the boy scouts. In the 21st century, an "imploded state", Feudal Lords (thats drug king pins) run the country. You have a society poisoned by corruption at every level. Get arrested, need a fresh bedpan in a hospital room, or are kidnapped (the national sport, in case you thought it was soccer) you better have the cash. A lot. I wouldn't go to that country no matter how much money I was given. Can't spend it when your dead. Far more homes per capita in Mexico do not have indoor pluming, or A/C (I mean electricity not air conditioning) And why are so many trying to get to the US if we are so "awful"? Because people will risk their lives just to get here, people who if all they want is a better life for their family I have the greatest respect for. I blame the vermin who prey on these or any other people. Disgusting.

If not for the graft ON BOTH SIDES of the boarder in this case, we could "ZipLock" the boarder. Oh not perfectly but a hell of a lot better then we do now. And we should.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Please read the rest of the posts, then you will understand the essence of the thread. Good analytical post,. but to be honest wasted here, as the point you discuss are not in the same vein.

The point of using Mexico is purely for example purposes.

I doubt I would have the same reaction had I used, Nigeria for example.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by zooplancton

But this is the point, at this stage of the game it wouldn't help. there is still the little point of 8 Trillion debt to take care of.

Regardless of what GDP is only if the US gob instituted 100% tax across the board, would it be able to pay off all debt.

that's not going to happen so in the mean time the interest just keeps accumulating, and from recent reports, tax revenues in the US are not even enough to pay the interest. So they keep printing money to keep the game going. in the end, it just keep devaluing the worth of the money. simple supply and demand, too much supply of currency reduces it's worth. And it's been the same way since 1913. Except now they tell you to print massive amounts is good for the economy!

It wouldn't help so nothing should be done? Think local, screw the globe? We know that the evidence we based the iraq war on was a lie. The man who was leaking the information admitted it was a lie. He wanted to do it to topple saddam. Colin Powel feels badly about it. How many people died and how much money was lost just in this single war? Probably a trillion or more. In retrospect we would be still be locked in confrontation with saddam if hte war hadn't happened and we still would have invested billions, but that's still a hefty sum of money we would have saved if we hadn't acted on bad intel. Then again, the problems we have are probably a lot deeper seated than the war itself. I'm not so stupid that I think it's limited to that. But to say that people shouldn't hold our leaders accountable at least in part for acting on bad intelligence because it won't help our current situation, sounds hollow to me. Selfish in a way. But I guess if the sh** hits the fan you have to care about yourself, right? If there's a tsunami incoming, who cares about the man stealing your wallet?

I hope it doesn't come to that point. I would think we're smarter than that. Me, I'm a lousy excuse for a human being. But a great majority of people in this country still care and work hard to make it meaningful. It's hard to see that in th economic statistics you reference. Many people ok are working or have worked their heart out only to be thrown on the floor because of the recession. The blame game won't help us here. The problems we have what are they systemic or something? Regardless, I just don't think people are so dumb that they'll look the other way as our nation topples over and sinks. This isn't a movie. It only works in movies because movies need the drama, but reality has a lot more grit going on and people tend to eventually notice things before they get real bad.

But maybe things getting worse is what we need to make the right choices? Why would we make the right choices if we didn't need to. Regardless, this is classic ATS gloom and doom.

I fully expect that when I come to ATS to get a barrage of bad news, most of which is paranoia. Hopefully you understand my skepticism of everything I read here. Fear breeds like a virus.

Still this is a great place to get a rundown on the latest news. Just don't take it too seriously.
edit on 11-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join