It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Love Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have noticed that people prefer to keep to themselves in public places. What a shame. They don't know what they are missing. They are more likely to talk on a cell phone, listen to music or read, rather than interact with their fellow humans. This was not always the case, in the past, people communicated face to face, made friends or sometimes enemies with others. Today, people are afraid to reach out to others and to share what each of us has to offer.

I know that if I am walking down the street, and someone is walking towards me, that before we pass each other, that individual will pull out a cell phone, or cross the street, or do something so that there will be no interaction between us, I would just have said "Good Morning" or whatever, but people are afraid of their own shadows these days.

And I only use that as an example. People rarely talk to each other in elevators. People are afraid to reach out, afraid of ridicule? afraid of what?

We need to reach out to one another, because we are heading for some serious financial hardships.

This video, which I will link, put a huge smile on my face, I couldn't stop laughing, it is great.

If you agree, star and flag for others to see.

Love is truly the answer to the world's problems.

www.youtube.com...

27Jj0lcmm5Q
edit on 6-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: trying to embed video

edit on 6-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yea these guys are epic...ive been subbed to Charlie's channel for some time now...he has grown month after month and has over 40,000 subs now.

to embed a vid click on the Youtube vid link button then add the last but after the =
so it would be 27Jj0lcmm5Q

The guys channel is Cveitch....also check out his mates one...spiritualentertainer
edit on 6-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to change his mates channel to the correct name

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This one is probably my favorite...

It's really an inspiration seeing people know how to stand their ground with 'authority figures.'
It's something I'd really love to be able to do as well as these guys do, but for now I'm just watching it on the internet and daydreaming...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thank you for teaching me how to imbed a video, much love.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Excellent post, totally agree with you, people are so antisocial these days. Can't really blame them, circumstance is a bastard. When I say circumstance, I'm talking about technology destroying what it is to be human. Welcome to the drone state, you will obey, and you will like it!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was out on a walk the other month, in our suburb with my daughter - she was about 3 months maybe, and I saw a couple that were about my age with a similar aged bub, looked up to smile and say hi, maybe a little comment about our kids as we passed, but as I looked up, I watched them both look at me and look down to avoid me.

I didn't know them, but it kinda hurt - I mean HOW HARD is it really to be pleasant to someone? really?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I was out on a walk the other month, in our suburb with my daughter - she was about 3 months maybe, and I saw a couple that were about my age with a similar aged bub, looked up to smile and say hi, maybe a little comment about our kids as we passed, but as I looked up, I watched them both look at me and look down to avoid me.

I didn't know them, but it kinda hurt - I mean HOW HARD is it really to be pleasant to someone? really?

Exactly, I mean, has our government got us in so much fear that we can't even talk to one another?

People are afraid of their own shadows these days. So sad.

If you truly want to live, you must seek out and embrace others, for our diversity is what makes us strong.

Thanks for posting, much love to you

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I always nod, smile, wave, say hi or how are you. It's just the way i was brought up. People are just in their own little bubble these days. Some of it could be that you just never know who you'll run into these days as well. There's be a few times where I smiled and said hello and i got a "who the (bleep) you smilin' at?". One time it was a "I know you ain't talkin' to me" and more than a few times it's just that straight ahead stare as that person walks by.

Being pleasant and sociable can also possibly get you into trouble these days, if it's at the wrong time, wrong place, or wrong person.

But i'll continue to nod, smile or wave, saying hi or how are you, that's just how i am.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
OP! I want to thank you for helping to save my relationship last night with this thread!

To explain you saving my relationship : My bf and I love each other dearly, but we are constantly fighting to keep our heads above water. Lately we do more fighting with eachother then against the world. The hate and negativity last night was so strong, it felt like we were almost finished murdering our love. I walked out of the bedroom and jumped on ATS.There was a thread that popped up about love. I thought it was odd and clicked on it. Now at the time of clicking on the thread I was drowning in a sea of hate and misery. 5 minutes later I was giggling. My bf heard my giggling and came out, I gave him a headphone and then we were both giggling. Then we realised if we had any chance of saving our relationship then we had to fight fire with fire.

We have to be positive and recognise negativity whenever it appears.
There is no need to live in a world of fear when a world of love is the key to true freedom. I guess this is why God made it his highest commandment.
Its just so simple.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
I have noticed that people prefer to keep to themselves in public places. What a shame. They don't know what they are missing. They are more likely to talk on a cell phone, listen to music or read, rather than interact with their fellow humans. This was not always the case, in the past, people communicated face to face, made friends or sometimes enemies with others. Today, people are afraid to reach out to others and to share what each of us has to offer.

I appreciate where you are coming from, and I like the guys in the video, who've brought a smile to my face.

But seriously? I have to tell you, I don't *want* interaction with people in public. I live in a city. A big one. Interaction with strangers usually means somebody trying to sell you something or otherwise hustle you at best, and something potentially (or actually) dangerous at worse. All I want from the city most times is for it to function politely and efficiently. It's nothing personal -- go hang out in the park and interact with the mimes or the backpacking college kids, I'm sure they'll be down for all sorts of groovy mindblowing adventures -- but please just let me get from point A to point B without undue hassle, noise, disturbance, or other forms of hullabaloo.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
People talk to me in the elevator. People talk to me in line at the grocery. People talk to me on the train. People talk to me a red lights. I give people a head nod, and a good morning. People give it back.

There are people who use the cell phone as a shield. A visual "I'm busy" cue that's considered socially acceptable. I generally think of these people as being intensely lonely. They cannot be without social input, and feel threatened by it at the same time.

Have some compassion for the lonely people. Their constant embrace of the phone to the exclusion of everything around them is really like carrying around a big sign that says, "I'm Scared and Lonely!" They need the love too.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's an interesting take on things.

I admit ever since I got the evil addictive iPhone, I have spent a lot of time trudging around in public with my head in it. I do have a sneaky feeling in the back of my mind that I should be intereacting with the world more directly somehow, at times. But you know what? I've walked the same streets for many years now and, while I love them dearly, it's often more interesting to read what you people have to say on ATS than stare at the same elevator panel for the 982,276th time. It probably looks like I'm gloomy and introverted but I'm having a grand old time on the Intertubes, for better or worse.
edit on 3/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86
OP! I want to thank you for helping to save my relationship last night with this thread!

Thanks for replying with that message, Love does work, maybe your predicament was the reason I posted?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Thanks for replying with that message, Love does work, maybe your predicament was the reason I posted?

Funny thing is, I honestly believe that collective consciousness was working for me through you.
I am always on the ATS main page of new topics and had never seen this, it appeared at like 2:00am Aussie time, then when I got up in the morning I had to do a search to find it again.

Another testament from me for you : Today I got a breakthrough at work that I have been needing for a long time. I walked in just beaming of positivity and I walked out breathless from the power of that positivity. I am now on one months annual leave to be able to work on eliminating stress.
The whole day I have been smiling, joining movements to bring back love and human contact. Somebody posted on my facebook a hate status on dads. Now my father is evil and I wanted to repost it but I didnt, as I didnt think I needed to put that negativity on my page. 5 seconds later my father who I had not spoken to since last year calls me out the blue to tell me I am worthless and will amount to nothing.Normally a phonecall like this would have me in a state for days.... However this time round I am sat smiling.
I want to star you OP until there is no tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Funny thing is, I honestly believe that collective consciousness was working for me through you.

That seals it for me, God or the Universe if you will works in mysterious ways. So glad I was a part of it.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
There are people who use the cell phone as a shield. A visual "I'm busy" cue that's considered socially acceptable. I generally think of these people as being intensely lonely. They cannot be without social input, and feel threatened by it at the same time.

Have some compassion for the lonely people. Their constant embrace of the phone to the exclusion of everything around them is really like carrying around a big sign that says, "I'm Scared and Lonely!" They need the love too.

Good Point, people that rely on the cellphone to avoid social interaction, may be those most in need of unconditional love and friendship.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

There is a difference between boredom and social incompetence.

Though, not being able to be along with oneself even for the length of time of an elevator ride may be a bit extreme.

(I've been online for most of my life, and spend a good chunk of time everyday on electronic devices even for social interaction. I truly do understand where you are coming from. I don' t do it for a lack of other activities, or an inability to connect to others, or because I can't be disconnected from others. I do it because I love the constant influx of data and the constant challenge of rethinking things. I suspect it helps me keep certain parts of my brain in a state of higher functioning to be constantly processing. Parts of your brain can be less active than others, and I would bet a dollar that I've learned to compensate for some processing section by constantly feeding it. Brain's a funny thing.)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

the love police rock! I Iove when Danny Shine tries to hug officers or security personnel.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Now my father is evil and I wanted to repost it but I didnt, as I didnt think I needed to put that negativity on my page. 5 seconds later my father who I had not spoken to since last year calls me out the blue to tell me I am worthless and will amount to nothing.Normally a phonecall like this would have me in a state for days.... However this time round I am sat smiling.
......quote]

I feel absolute empathy for you, I want to hug you, embrace you.

I love you as a fellow human.

I want you to know that your father cannot be happy with you until he his happy with himself.

He must be suffering from some form of self hatred, for what he has done, or what he has failed to do. He cannot be happy with you until he is happy with himself.

You can help him, but you must be careful.

It is easy to love those who help us.

But it is hard to love those who hate us.

Be careful, but be loving.

top topics

join