It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Audi A2 with new (Kolibri) battery technology from last year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If you remember, it was media sensation last October. It was using new battery technology called KOLIBRI (lithium metal polymer technology) and it traveled 375 miles on a single charge.

www.cleanmpg.com...

Ever wondered what happened with it?

Say a company claims it has a battery pack that has set an amazing range record but then the vehicle that the battery powered ends up destroyed in a warehouse fire. What would you think? Well, this is the exact scenario that DBM Energy GmbH is facing.

green.autoblog.com...
www.upi.com...

Should I say anything? Frankly I was following that story closely because I expected something like this to happen.

edit on 6-3-2011 by alomaha because: insert text

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Should I say anything? Frankly I was following that story closely because I expected something like this to happen.

In reading the replies on the "greenblog" link you gave,I would say that no replies are necessary unless you have a position to defend.

My mere opinion is that the story reeks of fraud and not oil company mischief. Time will tell.

Then again, maybe not. Governments have a lot at stake in this and similar matters, such as the extremely high cost of wind power, and like governments the world over tend to be, the Germany government (from the top down) may not want to look too hard into this particular case, they will probably simply kiss their money goodbye for the sake of the cause and hope for better the next time they hand money out.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm a bit skeptical about oil conglomerate operatives out there destroying alternative automotive platforms, especially since this vehicle claims a 'fill-up' that is still way inferior to a full tank of gas in an average car these days.

I do love Audi and German engineering, but maybe the data published was just exaggerated, and they had to sort of save self, and sabotaged the prototype maybe much like the death of the only operational Russian Buran. They are very proud people up there, and maybe don't take kindly to criticism.

I'm not an engineer but I wonder why petrol engines have not yet been improved upon except for their efficiency of burning the petrol. That said I still prefer a German car.

new topics

join