It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know if this analogy was intentional, but I think it's a good one - Flightless Birds and U

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's probably been discussed too, but anyways...

This guy's talking about the wildlife of new zealand, specifically the flightless birds, and some of their quirks, and some of the things he says about the birds can be said about humans and the way we're being domesticated and lulled into a false sense of security while having our actual humanity stripped away, and our natural instincts and cravings demonized/suppressed.

Things like how they've (speaking of their evolution/development on a place where they know[knew] no predators) lost the ability to know when to be afraid or how to identify a real threat

The last thing he says about one animal he's talking about is "and it doesn't know any different, because it has evolved in an environment without any predators... ... ...it doesn't know to run away. It doesn't know to be nervous. So when it encounters another animal, it just sort of sits there and waits for the other animal to make the next move, which is usually a pretty fast and fatal one."

I'm on some bs prescription pain medication, so forgive me if this makes no sense, because I'm having a hard time making sense of it myself, but I thought I started off with a good idea...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

. . . and some of the things he says about the birds can be said about humans and the way we're being domesticated and lulled into a false sense of security while having our actual humanity stripped away,. . .
Things like how they've (speaking of their evolution/development on a place where they know[knew] no predators) lost the ability to know when to be afraid or how to identify a real threat.
. . . he says about one animal . . . "and it doesn't know any different, because it has evolved in an environment without any predators... ... ...it doesn't know to run away. It doesn't know to be nervous.

I could be mistaken, but it seems that our entire society is nervously looking for predators and threats and that fear is rampant. There doesn't seem to be a false (or true) sense of security out there. Do you think we're in an environment without any predators? What kind of predators? Obviously, I'm confused.

new topics

join