It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rapture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Been reading some lately on christian broadcasting ministries may 21 rapture,I know,Im a little behind,this story has been out for a while.But it got me to thinking. May22,I wake up.It is my birthday! I jump in my truck and go to my brothers house,ha,no traffic,two thirds of the worlds population is gone.Who is left,artists?musicians?doctors? scientists?Now,I know the politicans will go,they are good god fearing people.Muslims,same god,different interpretation,they are gone too. So,who is left? Creators,lovers of art and beauty and knowledge and reasoning and maybe a thousand years of peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hopefuly, only me and the top 100 most beautiful women in the world.

Human existence is on my shoulders, count on me.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This may 21 thing is a hoax. No man, not even the son of god knoweth the day and time of Jesus return.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This better not mean the Rush concert in Glasgow is cancelled.
Jesus or Rush,,,,,,,,,,,,Rush win hands down.
I think the bible got it wrong with this rapture thing.
I think it was meant to say "Rupture",,,the world is gonna do a gaint fart on may 21st.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You will probably notice all the zombies...err, I mean.. the dead in Christ....rising from their graves the day before. Keep attention on the news. They'll probably be hungry.

EDIT: Since it is spoken/written that the 'dead in Christ shall rise first...what happens to all those that were cremated that were followers of the Lord?
edit on 6-3-2011 by DIDtm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theson

No, forget the May 21 rapture videos/sermons. It's a bunch of crap. DO NOT listen to the "date setters". May 21 will come and go like any other day.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

EDIT: Since it is spoken/written that the 'dead in Christ shall rise first...what happens to all those that were cremated that were followers of the Lord?

Wouldn't they be "dead"?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Is it your concern that God, who created man from the dust of the earth, could not re-create your body?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theson
Now,I know the politicans will go,they are good god fearing people.Muslims,same god,different interpretation,they are gone too.

Yeah, the politicians are good

Muslims, some are good, some are extremists killing all those that disagree with them.
Christians, some are good, some are extremists killing all those that disagree with them.
Jewish, some are good, some are extremists killing all those that disagree with them.
Other religion, see above ^
[/sarcasm off]

The people that think they are the most deserving and good, usually are NOT.
The people that question whether or not they're good enough, probably are.

I've heard animals and pets will be left behind, I would prefer to stay with them.
Just like the supposed hell, all the fun people will be there.

I doubt you have to worry, there won't be any rapture, if there was, and it is truly those without sin, we won't even notice them gone, except that the children would be gone, so people would have to start making babies again.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You do realize that if and when the rapture does occur, you will only have around 7 years left on this earth.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I find it completely hilarious that people think they can narrow this rapture thing down to a single day..

I wonder how many people have their bags packed....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Rapture will happen in God's timeline. Yes, as Peter said, we must always find ourselves worthy to go. Jesus said, "He would come back as a thief in the night". and to find ourselves ready to go. We must always stay in the word, have our prayer time, and ask what he wants us to do, then do it. Always, Always, praise his Holy name and glorfiiy his name, so we can help others who are lostf find their way home out of the darkness.

Peace to all,

Grandma

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Do you people really believe this will happen...

At some point in your future you will be swept away by God because you are somehow holy in Gods eyes?

Hes going to just pick a few of you, who have been "Good" ...obviously you say your prayers every night and are a Good Christian. Saved by the fact that you believe a man was born and was destined to die for the sins of the world.

As for the rest of us, we'll be sittting around completely shocked by the idea that a portion of the worlds population has disappeared. And what is to come in the near future for those who were left behind....well we've all seen the movies.

Can you really be this high on yourselves? Believing you are better then the rest....Less of a sinner...so to speak

I wish you all the best of luck with your rapture...

But honestly....Get real

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Boy,this thread really took a crap! what i was trying to put on the table was (Hypotheticlly)After the rapture,who would be left?the artists,musicians,doctors,scientists,Would be left! A free thinking,creative group of individuals,who could take society to an even higher level.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Well you know i have thought about that also.man was created from the earth and when he dies,he returns to it.A lot of things in the bible i believe are celestial and global events rather than physical human occurances.So instead of the dead rising think of the earth from which we came and go back to rising.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am not less of a sinner or more holy, just saved by God's grace through His Son Jesus Christ.

Peace,

Grandma

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Akragon

I am not less of a sinner or more holy, just saved by God's grace through His Son Jesus Christ.

Peace,

Grandma

Define Gods Grace...

Would you consider yourself to be one of the people that will be "raptured".... One of the selected few that are swept away in "Gods Grace"?
edit on 7-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join