It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect human being

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is hypothetical.

Is it possible that through science the perfect human being can be created? Physical traits, like hair colour, the body, eyes, etc. Intelligence wise, and emotional wise?

I have had a debate about this topic recently. And i am off the opinion that there is no such thing as a perfect human being. Much of the "perfectness" is in the eye of the beholder. We each have a different way of knowing or feeling what is perfect.

My friend would say that it is possible. That through science a perfect human being can be created. With gene manipulation, etc.

May i have your thoughts on this?

vVv

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You called.??

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

LOL

Well done sir.

VvV

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Perfection, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A circle is perfect but when zoomed in on, changing perception, it becomes an imperfect line.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

My friend would say that it is possible. That through science a perfect human being can be created. With gene manipulation, etc.

Well your friend would need to specify what the "perfect" human's purpose was..
Much like animals ,such as dogs, breeds are created over time for specific purposes..
It's not a "one size fits all" scenario...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Subjectivity.

Does the perfect human embody a model of utility or aesthetic beauty? Even as we ponder upon this inquiry we are faced by two more. What is the perfect model of utility? What is the absolute beauty? Who determines these judgments. There is no objective consensus, no guiding determination all can agree with. No, you see, there is no perfect human, and there never will be; because, objectively speaking, perfection exists not.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Perfection has some subjective elements, so no human will be truly perfect from the point of everyone. But there is plenty that can be made better in human genome, from health, through abilities, to beauty. Perfection no, but improvement, yes.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Perfect human being? For what purpose?

The perfect runner isn't going to be the perfect swimmer, the body proportions are entirely different. The perfect bodybuilder isn't going to be the perfect hunter. The perfect thinker won't be the perfect slave.

"Perfect" is a relative description. As for appearance, that's a matter of opinion, as we all have our different tastes. I happen to have a thing for redheads, that doesn't mean I think redheads are closer to perfect than non-redheads.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Perfection does not exsist.IMO

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the perfect man?
perfect for what?

"there has never been, is no, and never will be a superman; we are only bridges"

and the superman is definitely not likely going to be produced by inferior beings, using animal breeding tech.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
well perfect is different to other people. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion of a perfect person. Hair color, eyes, skin tone, weight, height, voice. There are just too many things that separate us all and too many things that some people like and others don't.

If you are referring to creating the perfect human that is immune to all diseases and cannot die, that too is impossible and will never happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Firstly you would have to work out what the pefect human was? Would they be black, white tall short, heavy skinny, male female. Your really opening a can of worms.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The perfect human being is the ideal human being.

VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep, what, in your eyes, are the ideal traits for a human being?

Be careful how you choose.

I once sang to the moon a song describing the man I wanted to meet, and the next week I met one exactly as I'd described and ended up marrying him.
Then I realised how remiss I'd been in not including the traits of kindness, compassion, honesty, courage, the ability to listen and learn, the ability to refrain from showing off or the ability to get off his arse and do an honest day's work.

Choose wisely, lest it be said, "he chose badly."

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
See the movie "The Man from earth"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
yay its a human everybody

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Well you have to ask yourself... Perfect for what?

The current configurations of life on this planet came from the natural selection of genetic mutations. You would have to define the enviroment this human would be living in. Im not to convinced that you can compile all the best genes for everything with no downside.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Wow, you revived an very old thread.

Hypothetically speaking, you could say a perfect soldier for example. Create this soldier to have super strength, very intelligent, moves amazingly fast. They could even create many, to all look exactly the same, thus having a uniform perfect army.

But off course, this is highly unlikely, and would be very controversial. Or, they could make one for example, and just clone the rest.

vvv

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Depends who considers him/her perfect.. My perfect being would track down ANON and kill them, and hog tie OWS and Taze the sh*t outta them. Then please my girl while I'm pleasin her sister (hed be my clone)..... Perfect indeedy.
edit on 15-2-2012 by dayve because: Ha

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You have to concider what the larger induced muscle mass could do to the life expectancy.

You could make an army but i dont think the perfect solider would resemble a typical human being. Depending upon the enviroment you fight in... and the resources availible to those units... it might not even resemble a human once you reach "perfection" in the areas of hunting rebels on endor.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Perfection, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A circle is perfect but when zoomed in on, changing perception, it becomes an imperfect line.

this kind of hyperbole is utter nonsense.

there is a bell curve towards any data grouping and that includes human appeal and opinion.
there is a bell curve that groups the mass population of all humans .. and if possible.. all humans throught history.. charting their appeal towards specific physical and psychological attributes.

MOST people, and their opinions if polled will be lumped in the center of the bell curve.

example question:
would you like to have your physical traits appear to other people as:

A) extremely disfigured (extremely asymmetric features and extremely misaligned from phi ratio proportions)
B) moderately deformed (moderately asymmetric features and slightly not in line with phi ratio proportions)
C) unappealingly ugly (slightly asymmetric features not in line with phi ratio proportions)
D) average (symmetric features, within the phi ratio proportions)
E) moderately attractive (healthy, symmetric features ,extremely within the phi ratio proportions)
F) Very good looking (very healthily symmetric features and within the phi ratio proportions)
G) drop dead gorgeous (extremely within the phi ratio proportions)

THE RESULTS...you are going to.. by just basic human nature, have a MAJORITY of the population of human beings that have ever existed.. to desire to be one of at least the last three options in the question.

if it is in the eye of the beholder.. then it is in the universal eye of ALL (as the beholder)...
this "you like uglies I like hotties" bs is completely without deep reflection and insight.
NO.. we ALL want beauty and Strength.
sure you can nit pick all you want and there will be tiny distinctions and gradations as to what you think is 'pretty' or 'cute' or 'hot'... but what you choose as HOT is not going to be something completely grotesque ... like from a horror film... RIGHT.. so yeah.. NOT in the eye of the beholder. there IS a bell curve GROUP lump of what we want in others.. and what we want in ourselves.

as for psychological traits... you're going to find that MOST PEOPLE will answer that they desire to be treated well by other people.. showing that 'kind,warm, honest and loving psychological traits' will be the definition of inner beauty.

why is this you ask? well if you can't figure it out yet.. let me explain.. sure there are some psychologically damaged individuals who are masochistic and desire the opposite.. but that is a small fragment of the population.. and you'll find out that sooner or later.. MOST people will chose these qualities in someone they wish to be WITH because it takes more time and energy to be with someone who is not adding to your life in a positive way..and one would loose out from someone whom is sucking and taking from the other's plight in life... "positive" not being an opinionated value.. but being a distinctive absolute value that the laws of nature would fall in accordance in defining.

i think most of the comments that agree with 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' take it too far thinking that the human experience is somehow completely differentiated from one person to the next.. where i disagree with this absolutely and find that we all have specific qualities that we (through human nature) essentially find we agree on not out of choice or preference.. but by uh.. ya...freaking survival.

you're gonna want attractive people in your gene pool.. you're gonna want to ate with strong people that provide and are intellectually superior and give to others and are well rounded people.. this is just what is logical.. and most people IF GIVEN THE CHOICE TO.. would choose those types of values in people over lesser values (values which subtract from the quality of life)...

so go on and have sex and multiply with sadistic obese people with leprosy.... and give birth to more people like that ..
it's all "in the eye of the beholder riiight? "

i think that science will be able to do anything in the future... ANYTHING... so whatever we wish to explore we'll explore and entertain ourselves with....
if you want to make yourself into something that you think is "pretty" but 99.9999% of the other humans in the galaxy think is butt-ugly. GO AHEAD have fun! let's see how far you get in life attracting' a mate!

and i think we'll be able to develop methods as to which we can all refine our psychologies so that we are all experiencing LESS SUFFERING within our souls..

when those steps are taken .. i think you'll see a level of internal beauty rise and shine through the outward beauty as well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join