It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was god born?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Excuse me for being ig'nant, but...
Did god just appear out of nowhere?
Or maybe the big bang allowed for some mysterious being to be created, so then that eventually shaped the earth? I just want some guidence :-\

Also, another conspiracy question....how come all the events of the bible had to happen in the past? why cant god send another 'jesus' to be sent to help guide us. I know if i were to see a jesus on earth, i would change my whole life to live a pure life, but sometimes i just cant believe... So can anyone help answer my questions? thanks

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well let's see,

Since I am on a roll I will place my 2 cents on the table
The question should be which came first the chicken or the egg. Did God create us or did we create him, either way he is there.
Now if we created God it would be in synchronization with Jungian Philosophy, and that part of it that proclaims a Universal sub-conscience. That reality only exists because we all as humans believe it. [see also string theory in Boolean] We collectively have created our own reality, which is as good as any other.
About Jesus, we paid him no interest the one time he was here therefore what in the world gives you the idea we would pay attention if his persona were to appear again.
"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" Keep your eye's and ears open or you will surely miss it again if and when

Now back to the chicken and the egg. All I can tell you from third parties that were witness is,"the egg laid back and lit a smoke and said" was it good for you""

TUT TUT

[edit on 19-7-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is a mystery to us.

God seems to have appeared as a refinement of intelligence. From the ocean of conscious awareness there came about a self-awareness that attained perfection in both awareness and power.

The origin of God is not adaquately explained by myth. It is best approached by understanding the nature of human consciousness, and how it forms a whole universe by itself.

If conscsiousness is like a great network of awareness, and as beings evolve and are added to its glory, there apparantly was the emergence of a class of intelligences able to comprehend and rule there entire eniverse of consciousness.

That's my theory. Perhaps there were struggles for power long long ago, maybe on different worlds far away. But the comsic consciousness is outside of the limits of space and time, or at least it appears such.

Godhood is real. If we are able to conceive and pursue it today, then it has been pursued and attained in the past, at least as long as human intelligence has lived on the earth.

Who is to say that the glory of heaven is complete? Who is to say that the ruling intelligences of the Universe are forming a greater kingdom, even now, growing and growing like the field of the good farmer.

Perhaps that is the truly revolutionary idea. It allows for the existence of gods, even a supreme Single God who is the Lord of all other intelligences.

It seems to me an orderly and excellent arrangement, providing a refuge from the ravages of the material universe for the perfected intellgences of the chosen people. It would also seem in line with the appearance of SEVERAL savior-beings throughout time, for they seem to all have the same connetion to the same source, and I beleive this source is the seat of this government.

Note that I am speaking in terms of government, and intellgiences, and using plural words. God may not be corporeal, He might be an ascended person. He might be pure spirit, like the ancient books say. To me, it does not matter. His will and intelligence seems to be constant no matter what form you conceive. It is better to focus on the ideas of godhood, rather than the physical attributes of God.

So godhood is accessable, attainable, and present before the people of this world, and perhaps others. It is the joining to the glorious collection of glories and intelligences that reign on high. God is there, along with all godly beings.

It's not a far away place, men are invited to it by Christ, and many others, so I suggest to accept this invitation and understand the true meaning of it.

There is joy in understanding this. It removes the barrier between you and Christ, and God, becauase there really is nothing preventing you from gaining the kingdom except your own corruption and rebellion against the leadership of the heavenly ones.

Apparently the process is something like this: The collection of heavenly beings that dwell in the glory of the heavenly house of gathered perfection and intelligence. They observe the new lives born on the earth, chose those whom they love from the population, and gather them in the spirit of the kingdom.

Those who remain unchosen are left because their thoughts, their will, and their minds never rose to the level of god, they were not selected by the heavenly ones to receive the gifts of the kingdom.

It is possible to attract their attention. This is the first step, which is faith. You have to believe they are there, becuase they won't reveal themselves to you unless you call for them, or behave in a fashion that they love.

Simply ask them, in the slient language of your thoughts, let me join your glorious government, let me perfect myself, please guide me! You have to keep that kind of thought in your mind and heart. They observe us, and those who are true and loyal to this thought will be attended to.

Those who reject this thought, and seek their own authority, and try to rule their own petty kingdoms in their own beings, these are they who failed to attain godhood, and will die. Who knows what happens to them after they die? Who cares?

That should be enough motivation for you! To join the heavens, think heavenly thoughts, and separate yourself from the world. This is nothing new, it was taught to the Hindus long ago. The process is the same.

Try to attain it! It really is there.

Ark

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
God has always been. It's hard for us with a finite mind and a finite way of viewing things to understand this.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
In my opinion god exsists within ourselves... we are all god collectively, we are all our own gods. We created god to explain where we came from. Gods primary functions are to explain things that people could not explain and to provide support for thise who need someone/thing to turn to... other than that i think you must have exsisted physically to be born so therefore god was never born

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I once spent an entire afternoon meditating on how God has always existed and will always exist. It was a very heavy meditation. My conclusion? That time has no beginning nor end. That the concept of eternity is fathomless. And that God spent much of eternity thinking up his designs for each and every creation he intended to someday form, including each and every minute insect, cloud, amoeba, hues of the rainbow, etc. To think that no 2 snowflakes are alike is proof that God exists.

I think God created mankind because he got lonely. Imagine, existing for all eternity and not having anyone to share his love with!

D

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My ideas similar to aWoman's. God has no beginning and no end. The human mind perceives that everything has a beginning and an end. That's the way we are, and because of that we can't really grasp the concept of something or someone that has no beginning or no end.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
We need to find a new analogy for the 'chicken and egg' paradox. Because it can be proved, by evolution thgeory, that the egg came first. So only creationists can use that analogy. As for the origins of God, if there is one, it will be to complex for the human mind to handle.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by angloshot
We need to find a new analogy for the 'chicken and egg' paradox. Because it can be proved, by evolution thgeory, that the egg came first. So only creationists can use that analogy. As for the origins of God, if there is one, it will be to complex for the human mind to handle.

(most of this came from another post I made, so I copy and pasted it here)

Which came first is asked while considering a chicken and a chicken egg.

Thus the question is more accurately "Which came first the chicken or the chicken egg?"

Biblically speaking, the chicken came before the first chicken egg.
Scientifically, I have been unable to disprove this answer.

Scientifically, it is safe to say that a chicken came from an egg, but the first chicken egg came after the chicken.

The "proto-chicken" that layed the egg from which the chicken came from did not lay a chicken egg, it layed a proto-chicken egg. We can not be sure of the state the proto-chicken/chicken embryo is in until it is observed. When what is in the egg is finally observed, we know we have a chicken, and thus can call the egg from which it came a "chicken egg". But until the chicken was observed it was a "proto-chicken egg". Thus a chicken egg can not come before the chicken.

Although it could be argued that the embryo existed in both states, both a chicken and a proto chicken until observation. Although I would counter by saying this is rather like taking the modern chicken egg and saying that it was a "duck-chicken egg". Because the egg is layed from a chicken we have no reason to suspect it would produce a duck. Thus saying it was a "duck-chicken egg" is rather silly.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

[Edited on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

new topics

top topics

join