The world really is getting better and better

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Also the civil rights movement, gender equality, all these things happened in spite of TPTB. It was the common man, the people, protesting for the rights of their brothers and sisters. Something government and elite were absolutely opposed to.

Why are people living longer with less illness? Because of social healthcare. Something again TPTB RESISTED.

The people have been fighting for these things for thousands of years.

So all negative events are secretly orchestrated by TPTB and all positive events come from people without power? I would argue that in order to make change, you need some power.

Did I say that? No, I didn't.

Of course to make change you need power, people power. The facts are the facts. You can hide from it and purposely misconstrue my posts all day long, it doesn't change fact. And the fact is that TPTB, the government and elite of the time were responsible for promoting slavery, racism and bigotry. And it was the people who demanded equality, the people who demanded an end to slavery. So to credit TPTB for these things is at best naive, at worst dishonest.

So don't try and spin this like I'm some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist sat around reading about baby-eating-Jesuits. What I'm talking about is historical fact. The government and elite promoted all those horrible things you credited them for. They opposed the civil rights movement. If they were in support of the civil rights movement they'd have been no bloody need for a civil rights movement, would they!?!?! I mean think about it. This is just common sense stuff.

And I appreciate you ignoring every other argument I put forward. We can assume you think the British Empire, Atillah the Hun, all these brutal tyrants and empires were great and benevolent.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
How do you figure that? In terms of improvement for the many, as opposed to the few, that is...or don't you consider 'them' as having an opinion as to what constitutes a dramatic improvement?

If you believe improvement has only come for the few and not the many, you forget that there was no middle-class just a few hundred years ago. There was no medical care for many things.

I´d love to transport some of you to just a few hundred years ago so that you can smell the stench of decaying bodies in the streets. You`d certainly awaken.

Yeah. And go to most places in the world and you can still smell the stench of decaying bodies. Maybe if you left suburbia you'd know that.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

And I appreciate you ignoring every other argument I put forward.

Thank you for your rebuttals. Im not done answering. When I find the time I look forward to responding to each point you made in minute detail.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sorry but I feel that this thread is a bit blinkered to say the least, if you live a middle class life then you are sheltered from the reality of what life is like for the working classes or the underclass as we call people in Britain who have no job or are sick etc.
The msm are only a propaganda tool.

Remember:
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by DuceizBack
reply to post by backinblack

"Quality of life has gone down"
Are you slow?
Fifty years ago I possibly couldn't even look at a white woman because i'm black.
GTFO
Life is better now.
Only time life would be better in the past is if you're a white person.

I see your point but the OP's point was TPTB have made it better, they even say in the last 5000 years..
You know it's those same PTB that allowed and used slaves..
Again, it was the people that protested against slavery and racism and TPTB were slow to change..

TPTB have been the resistance IMO, not the change...

George Carlin argued the civil rights movement was an accomodation of the government and elite. And I think he was right on the money.

The idea that the government brought about positive change in the way of gender and race equality is out-right laughable. If it was true there wouldn't have been all the disgusting racist and sexist laws in place in the first place, would they.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you for your rebuttals. Im not done answering. When I find the time I look forward to responding to each point you made in minute detail.

Great, and in that "minute" detail please include who created the issues and who protested,rioted or whatever to have them changed..
Also how long those changes took once the issue was recognized...

I look forward to your answer..
edit on 7-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thanks Sky
I agree... i think we are being pushed into a depressed and anxious state of mind to disable us physically. That way we cannot object changes etc. We would feel no desire to fight for a world if we are depressed anxious and don't really care about it anymore. This fear mongering is disabling us 1 by 1. But we must stay positive and look at the glass as half full, that way we can always know ow valuable those things are that are being threatened.

Peace out HMHA

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The world is getting better?

LOL

OP is a funny one, i strongly disagree. If yo have actually some years under your belt. If you had seen the downward spiral GROWING UP IN IT... as if everything is fine and dandy like it's 1988. I dont know what world, dimension you are living in. I agree about the the doom cryers but lets not candy coat an out house

Go call Sally Struthers and adopt a starving baby on your ipad and tell me it gets "better"

Thanks for the pep talk anyway
edit on 7-3-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Somebody has been drinking the Kool-aid.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What some call "flat-line" and "not going anywhere", I call stabilizing.

Fair enough. If only we could have gotten inflation to stabilize a decade or so back, we'd be in business.

With the constant rise in utilities, food and oil, disposable income becomes so scarce people begin to feel like slaves, and it drives them under the line, economically.

I notice things like flat screen tv's constantly go down in price, while the staples of every day living continue to increase.
Shame we can't eat flat screen tv's.

I don't want to create a sub-topic here, I have plenty of other threads to vocalize my misgivings about politics.
But complacency moves against us in many ways and we begin to tolerate things that don't have to be; circumstances that exist that are within our power to change.

Anger and discontent are useful tools in society. They move us to correct injustices.

edit on 3/7/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: Because Sky manages to always create outrageously controversial thread topics.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy

Somebody has been drinking the Kool-aid.

Or somebodies mixing it up and handing it out.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The world is going better because we resist the other direction.

Actually the ongoing of the human project deserves a lot of resistance. We are, as assumed, on a high level of dissolving stage. As high it makes trembling to see to the base.

To prevent a comming down, you'll need now more attention than hundreds of years before.

The same faults, that turned out later to higher education - we cannot hope of the same effects again.

When you spot only this tract, everything goes up after a begin and has the time you'll give it therefore.

There is a lot of people, who is concernd.

The bottom of civilisation in the eyes, hanging high above on a line, that is supposed to never end, as long as you are capable to give this thing enough resistance.

Nice to have come in contact with your generosity in human affairs. Where are you living.

edit on 7-3-2011 by admess because: mistake

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The powers that be are still the enemies of freedom,

Hello Nada Cambia,

how nice of you to join our little discussion. Before clarifying whether "the powers that be" are the "enemies of freedom" or not, it would be helpful to clarify your definition of "the powers that be" for the readers and for your esteemed fellow ATSer now debating with you, don't you think? Some would argue that having money and power gives me the freedom...the freedom to donate money to the poor, the freedom to build schools, the freedom to stage movements of change, the freedom to disseminate literature. Therefore: Who are these "powers that be" and in which way are they the enemies of freedom? And would you agree that in order to make change, some power is needed?

All these positives, and they are positives, are rising of course. But they're rising in spite of self-concerned government and elite.

When something good happens you would not appear to give credit to anyone with power or money, as having power or money means to you that someone is evil?

Using your line of reasoning we could say any brutal dictator from any period of history was benevolent, or is benevolent. Because we've seen an increase in income, decrease in poverty and all the other things you mentioned.

Had you attempted a more thorough examination of the opening post you would have seen that the Human Development index shows that countries in which brutal dictatorships reign are overall miserable.

What you're basically saying is the British Empire was awesome and completely benevolent. Ghadafi is just great, he's awesome too.

Im not aware of saying this. Is anyone reading aware of me having said or even implied any of this?

Now I´m really puzzled Nada Cambia. What could possibly be making you make false statemets about your fellow ATSers?

Also the civil rights movement, gender equality, all these things happened in spite of TPTB. It was the common man, the people, protesting for the rights of their brothers and sisters. Something government and elite were absolutely opposed to.

How do you know? How can you be sure? In other places you imply that "TPTB" secretly staged this and secretly staged that. Why is it impossible for them to have staged revolutions for the benefit of mankind?

Freemasons and the French Revolution

fact is that TPTB, the government and elite of the time were responsible for promoting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Are you telling us it was not the common man that held slaves and was racist? Are the hundreds of racist posts at this very website manufactured by "the powers that be" instead of by normal posters? WOW...what a conspiracy-theory Nada Cambia!

edit on 7-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You people should start to read about capitalism, exponential growth and Peak Oil.

As i said earlier a few pages back. There is a very good reason why there are close to 7 billion people on earth today. And there is a very good reason why earths population never will exceed 7 billion people.

In fact we will probably experiance a very large depopulation of earth very soon; millions or maybe billions of people will starve to death when our main energy resource has reached its peak oil.

We are not going to get happier, we are going face death, starvation and wars just for the sake of lacking oil.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Us, north americans had it pretty good for the past 60 years or so. We flourished like no other countries did. And with such expanssion of personal, regional and national wealth, pardon me for saying so, but we kind of went on to be spoiled little brats who take the simplest things for granted. And we know that's it's the little things that truly makes us the happiest. Now it's time to pass the torch to the next recipient of the cushy life. It's history repeating itself, providing the world of the human animal with some kind of weird equilibrium. But that's just my opignion.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Good thought provoking thread. We as a species have come along way. life for the majority has never been easier. Improvements in medicine have improved our standards of lives in quite unimaginable ways, with life spans increasing and certain diseases a thing of the past. But, there is a flip side, in a way human evolution has stopped, we have no natural predators, we can immunise against deadly virus's, so no longer is it about survival of the fittest and smartest. We have removed ourselves from nature and live in a man made created bubble that protects us from the former threats we had to adapt to. I am also seeing a social change, an end to the welfare state and reduction in workers rights, a job for life with good benefits is thing of the past (unless your a banker). In my opinion we are going to see things get worse for the middle and working class's after we have witnessed the biggest transfer of wealth in memory. The looting of the public sector by the banks has left this world in a precarious postion. I think we could seen an end to the middle class with the reduction of social mobility in the west.

Capitalism has also had a huge effect on our natural world. The demand for constant consumption is totally unsustainable, we have finite resources, yet use them at rate with no possibility of replacing them.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What a pleasant change, to see someone looking at life in a positive way
I do get a bit fed up with all the doom and gloom that gets posted ...not that I take any of it to heart. I am a very optimistic person

If only we could get everyone to see things this way, it would bring about a better world even quicker, as I truly believe our thoughts create our reality. I've proved it time and again with my own life.
I often say to myself...'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better'...something I read a long time ago
I have now also added...'every day, in every way, the WORLD is getter better and better.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You are right !!!.You would be amazed at how peaceful your mind can become when you dump cable TV and leave the ATS's on the internet for calmer web site's and just forget the new's all together,but you have also explained some of the more down beat trate's of human nature.We like violance and adventure.........otherwise it seem's life is boring to the majority of us.

Piont well taken Sky.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Totally agree, you see so many people on ATS saying oh I feel it something bad is about to happen. And as soon a there is one earthquake....OH this is it, the end is coming.

Well made thread, and very refreshing

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You disappointed me. You are optimist

Conclusion.
No future.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join