It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world really is getting better and better

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Back up your hogwash. Provide objective proof that the government and elites are benevolent and act in the interests of humanity.

If they werent the world would not be improving as dramatically has it has been in the last few hundred years.

Where's the reasoning in that? It's such an asinine and silly argument. I can't believe you didn't recognise the flaws when writing the thread.

All these positives, and they are positives, are rising of course. But they're rising in spite of self-concerned government and elite. Lets take your examples, your line of reasoning. Using your line of reasoning we could say any brutal dictator from any period of history was benevolent, or is benevolent. Because we've seen an increase in income, decrease in poverty and all the other things you mentioned.

That seems to be something you haven't even considered. These things have been changing for the better over the space of thousands of years. Global poverty has always been declining, income has always been increasing, ditto for standard of living, ditto for Peace. These things have been rising and falling respectively since time itself.

What you're basically saying is the British Empire was awesome and completely benevolent. Ghadafi is just great, he's awesome too. The Assyrian Empire, were the rulers benevolent? Shall I continue? I'd rather not, because the same can be said for many brutal governments, empires and leaders throughout history.

You can't just say, "things are changing for the better, it's got to be the government and elites". That's a fallacy. There's nothing in the way of evidence, or even logic, to support that view.

Because the worlds changing for the better TPTB must be benevolent and well-meaning? Again, where's your evidence? You've yet to prove anything in the way of a connection.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I ♥ you Sky, for being audacious enough to post a thread with a positive outlook.

However, many of the stats I've looked at seem to indicate that while the other classes have movement, either up or down, the middle class is stagnant. The medium income remains what it was twenty years ago. I even heard a financial expert call the current middle class the "flat-line" generation, because it's not going anywhere.

In some ways we are better...perhaps things are better, but we still have serious internal corruption, and until we figure out a way to get it corrected, we will be thwarted in most areas of our lives.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Also the civil rights movement, gender equality, all these things happened in spite of TPTB. It was the common man, the people, protesting for the rights of their brothers and sisters. Something government and elite were absolutely opposed to.

Why are people living longer with less illness? Because of social healthcare. Something again TPTB RESISTED.

The people have been fighting for these things for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If they werent the world would not be improving as dramatically has it has been in the last few hundred years.

How do you figure that? In terms of improvement for the many, as opposed to the few, that is...or don't you consider 'them' as having an opinion as to what constitutes a dramatic improvement?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes we know the Rothschilds run the world and the NWO . The NWO moves all the power to the few Banksters . Money is nothing but power .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Advancement for all does not equate losing computers or technology, it does equate alternative technologies. Ie. we don't need fossil fuel its been obsolete for 2/3rds or more of a century and we've been kept in a time bubble by, you're correct in suggesting, TPTB who are not our friends. Harddrives, crystals! Crystals like quartz can be grown, synthesized, thats just one solution. I've been reading up on liquid Helium and its interesting properties in cold conditions.

Plastics, plants! Hemp a big one. Would it take land ie, fertile land? Why not make it out of a quick sprouting algae that could be formed in factories below ground or on less than desirable locations?

Energy. Well I'm into the free, electro magnetic ones that base off of the earth and the way planets operate, but then again, there is also wind, earth, tide, wave, you name it.

Vehicles? Well, I like free energy, did I mention that one yet? But I also think the new holographic technology is promising, especially when the Japanese had something written up on solid state holograms one could touch. Well isn't that what earth is? I could see different types of homes even. I'm not even convinced they couldn't printed off and erected. I'm not convinced they can't do this already.

The thing that is in our way is a complacent bought off middle class, who are accepting the presence of large numbers of poor, and endorsing somehow, TPTB. Somehow we need to envision positive futures, release of technology, self sufficiency for regions with, along with trade, there is nothing wrong with trade, but staples and self sufficiency are important.

There is no reason that good management, clean technology, self sufficiency and real vision, positivity, and a willingness to share, could not create advanced and abundant living for ALL, equally. In fact, if you really took away the scarsity system, the banks, etc, then all you have is ingenuity, and abundance, because there would be limits when solutions are found, and they are found all the time.

The greatest minds, were metaphysical, they took their problems into dreams, into lucid dreaming, to contact, even, and had breakthroughs given to them. Tesla, Einstein even.

Also, TPTB are our brothers and sisters, though they may not realize it, so we need to encourage, fire them sure, but encourage them, to come out clean with the people. And preferably before anything occurs that they built their dumbs for.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thank you Skyfloating.... once again you show the light in a tunnel which is perceived as totally dark.
Life is full of ups and downs, we need to concentrate on both the highs and lows, not just the lows only, to find a balance in between, but that is up to the individual and what they truly desire.

S+F

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thank you, Skyfloating, for a perspective.

I know the world is getting better, because my children did not die before their first birthday. We can do something nowadays to make death of infants/young children less common, for all families.

Yes, humanity is advancing. It is not uniform advancement; even Jesus said there would always be the poor. We must always be grateful for what we have but be ready to help others. We must help humanity to advance.

I will die, but Life goes on. Which says a lot about how strong Life is, and we would do well to do the best we can while we are here.

I find a lot of optimism in this publication. Good things are happening, all over the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I agree talk is not as good as action, but that is where we're all tied up in knots. How, what, where, when, its something I think of alot. Including meditations for, Action, Do! Now! We're still stuck in the ruts of routine and the world is very hard to finetune to what matters most, what basics. Doing our best with family and trying to problem solve takes up so much energy, the other matters take the thing I wish we could learn to do better, communicate in communities.

All this fear and anger people are radiating costs them a lot of energy...energy that could have been used for positive action, imo.

Who's to say that it is fear and anger? It could be concern or action, that is positive. Using your own rationale in this thread, you are only saying it is fear and anger which doesn't correlate to positive action because of your own personal experiences. Sometimes any kind of perceived negative action is great as it may work as checks and balances against systems or people that has a far more positive outcome. Had this so called 'fear and anger' been allowed to be expressed outside of the 'group think' mentality prior to the financial crisis (for example) perhaps it could of been mitigated or avoided (assuming the financial crisis was an undesired outcome, for all we know, to some, it was probably good).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Skyfloating,

While some of your points make sense, your standard of living point is WAY OFF THE MARK!

In my life I started my working career (early 2000 - 2004) at the end of high school at various jobs pretty much never making under 11 dollars an hour with health dental and vision benefits that most people with a bachelors degree working for a mid sized employer would be jealous of now at a cost to me of around 80 dollars a month.

Let's compare this to now:

Now I work in similar fields and IF LUCKY make 10 dollars an hour! My benefits still cost me 80 dollars a month but the health plan I have is laughable having a maximum coverage dollar amount that would be completely wiped out by something like a broken ankle for the whole year.

Now this in itself shows an actual contraction of wages on jobs of the same type especially considering that people starting out in these fields now are lucky to start at 9 an hour I make ten because I have years of experience!

Then we get into costs
Gasoline: In early 2000 I had an 89 accord lxi that got 35 mpg on the highway and gas dropped to 89 cents a gallon in the winter and wasn't over a dollar 25 mid summer

Now: I have a 2001 hyundai accent that would probably get a similar 35 mpg highway BUT gasoline in my state is now 15% ethanol ( For those that do not know ethanol has 66% of the BTU's per liter burned than actual 85 octane gasoline) So I'm LUCKY to get 30 mpg out of my car while my gas as of today is 3.59 a gallon!

Milk: In 2000 was 2 for 3 dollars NOW: it has went from 1.99 a gallon (where it had been for the last 15 months) to 2.39 a gallon in the last 2 MONTHS.

Cable (then): $30 a month Now: 50
Broadband (then) $19 a month roadrunner dsl Now: 40 a month with a cap on actual useage

Rent (then): 1 bedroom apartment nice neighborhood dishwasher free parking fitness center 400 month all util included

Now: Studio apartment in crap neighborhood with junkies and psychoes roaming the hallways police here every 2 days pay washing machines (costs me 3 bucks to wash and dry a load of laundry not including detergent) I pay 160 dollars a month to park my car and my rent cost is 650 a month (free utilities still)

Car insurance (then) at the age of 18 I paid 75 dollars a month for liability on my accord which booked at 2600 or so in value

Car insurance (now) I am now 29 with impeccable driving record and my car is worth about 1100 dollars and my insurance is 130 dollars a month

so overall on most of my major expenses I pay DOUBLE (especially when you factor in I've dropped several liability classes and still pay much more in insurance on a cheaper car ) or get less than a quarter the benefit for what I pay for the SAME price as in 2000!

Add into that that I make LESS on a real unadjusted basis by a double digit percentage and it's a grim situation!

Now you want to know the really screwed up thing?

I am FORTUNATE compared to most of my friends family and acquaintances! I don't know what your circumstances are nor do I begrudge the fact that you are doing well. But to say that things are getting better when for the vast majority of people that is not even close to true... it's just not true!

And if you try to cite the consumer price index which the numbers are cooked for extraordinarily and it's very easy to prove! If you'd like to see my point on CPI and the lie it is just look up what they say the fuel costs did for last month then hit the AAA gas price lookup and see what the actual percentage difference is between this month and last month when you do the math yourself and try to tell me it's not a LIE.

So overall I make a double digit percentage less while my bills have jumped a massive amount

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Truth: The middle class today are richer than the rich a century ago. Things that only royals and the elite used to have, are no longer restricted to the elite. A few hundred years ago some royals couldnt even afford a bathtub.

That is interesting & true but the middle class today is still the middle class & we still have a class system. I know you aren't saying there isn't work to be done, but I personally feel that the system itself needs to change, it's simply not right that some of the people who work for coca cola earn less than $40 US a day for 15 hr days, when the CEO is earning thousands by the hour.

Truth: Today women are allowed to vote, and we have a Black President. Bookstores carry more spiritual literature than ever before in History. That idea is just nonsense.

That statement is a bit dismissive don't you think?

Women voting when the voting system is fraudulent isn't all that terrific a right to hold & having a black man as president doesn't mean much if he operates like the old white cronies, etc that came before him, he is still a puppet, and his skin colour & race served as a distraction from all the things that Americans were unhappy with their government for at the time.

More spiritual books on shelves doesn't equate to more people genuinely reconnecting with their spiritual side as much as it does a fashion trend & I think I can prove it at least in terms of my own country.

1 in 5 Australian's don't believe in any faith today which is more than ever before and church's are struggling to fill their seats & are appealing on national tv to try and get more people to attend. (I'm sure a google search would deliver some relevant articles on this if you find that to be of further interest.)

What this tells me is that all the social, political & economical changes don't seem to impact on the spirituality of the individual as much as the way they were raised, personal development & personal attitudes towards faith. Its almost like a lot of people just aren't being equipped with what they need to be spiritual any more...

I'd also like to bring up fluoridation of our drinking water & the history of cigarettes.
I'm sure I don't have to explain why those things are evil, bad & unwanted or why fluoridation is relevant in the context of spirituality also.

I think that cases of the general public being poisoned in the distant past by their governments & industry were more often out of ignorance than evil.

one e.g of this is the trend of radioactive toothpaste, condoms, etc which killed a generation of people because while they enjoyed the glow in the dark fx and the actual sensation of being 'charged' with energy, they were unaware of the negative effects of radiation on living things; dying of cancer within a couple of decades.

I also get the feeling that a general ignorance & a willingness to be placid & complacent threaten to undo all the good that we enjoy, which again relates back to things like fluoridation, PR, propaghanda, lies, 'dumbing down' and other forms of manipulation.

Anyway I just wanted to add those elements into the mix because I think they're important considerations to make when thinking about these sorts of things. Thank you for posting this thread it was an interesting read and gave me a lot to think about

Peace,
-B.M
edit on 06/03/2011 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
Statisticly, it may seem this way, however, being happy wont stop what the UNIVERSE has in store for earth....
Just Look at all the natural events like earthquakes and hurricanes lately....Something is happening to the earth.
That Map of the world will soon all be red....
Happiness is somthing that can only be pursued
edit on 6-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

And if you actually bothered to look at the science behind it you would discover that there is nothing unusual with either volanic activity or earthquakes. That dosent mean something serious wont happen, but activity is not increasing over the longer term. Actually such events was more common in the far past when our core was hotter and outer layer was thinner.
There is also zero signs of polar shift and infact in reality magnetic field is actually stronger than average compared to last few millions of years. The activity of magnetic field goes up and down randomly over long timescales and it has been significantly lower without any polar shift occurring.
Even if it happens we probably wont die out as there have been no mass extinctions or anything during previous polar shifts.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sorry ,i don't know in what World you are living but the World is hell for the majority of the population and sorry if i will spoil your mood . Hell can't be getting better and better
I don't know where to start first ...

Almost one bilion people are starving every day, in numbers 10000000 , i get sick when i see one man starving in my neghibourhood alone one bilion
en.wikipedia.org...

Over 22,000 children die every day around the world. www.globalissues.org...

Half the world's population is living in unsanitary conditions without access to clean water, according to a UN-backed report.
The report, drawn up by the World Commission on Water for the 21st Century, says three billion of the world's most deprived people live in squalor and misery without access to proper sanitation.
One billion of them have no access to safe water at all. 5,000 children die needlessly every day from waterborne illnesses: news.bbc.co.uk...

More Than 100 Million Homeless Worldwide ipsnews.net...

List of ongoing military conflicts in the world are taking over 100 000 deaths per year and milions injured. en.wikipedia.org...

Millions of Cancer Victims in Developing Countries Lack Access to Life-Saving Radiotherapy www.iaea.org...

Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.(not mentioned silent victims)

Between May 2000 and August 2005, Amazon (lungs of the world) rain forest lost more than 132,000 square kilometers of forest—an area larger than Greece. rainforests.mongabay.com...

Oil spills, river polutions , smog in big towns ....and more and more and more

Not mentioning slavery which is called job (and thousands needles jobs around the world) ..not to mention false left -right politician fraud, not mentioning banks ,foreclosures , interests , GMO food , poison called aspartame ,more and more prisons and my head is boiling rite now i can't write anymore.

While i was writing this post needlesly died somewhere in the world 50 children.

So , maybe you have optimistic view on life and world generally which is good to some point but yours OP and thread is not reality.

edit on 6-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wish I was born to a much cooler, more advanced, race that discovered immortality or long life spans, cool video games, replace the dentists chisels with lasers or something humane, 100% safe transportation, better medicine, etc etc. Sucks I got stuck here =[

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by XxXAmmoXxX

There is also the simple fact that people do not experience "on average." People experience as individuals.

I doubt the OP would stop screaming if being eaten by a shark because on average, being eaten by a shark is not a problem.

You can't scream underwater, and besides, I'm sure the OP would stop screaming, once eaten...

Humor aside, I agree with the OP. I've said in some other threads: increased prosperity in the middle east means increased prosperity for everyone.

I do believe that the world is getting better, and the current time period is a major turning point in that. We just need to wait a few years longer and we will all know it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, the world is getting better and better, but yet, it's getting worse and worse.

2 scenarios:

1) Power to the government: The world is gonna be ugly. If we keep this type of politics, the dirty and fake democracy, I don't plan living 20 more years. The governments are destroying our planet, our civilization, and our very own mind/soul.

2) Power to the people, I mean, REAL power: The world is beautiful, getting better and better.

Fasten your seatbelt I think power to the people isn't unattainable.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
your chart just proved the majority aren't happy with life. there's less than ten countries that are really happy, the rest of the world are less than really happy.

and considering the vast majority of americans are on either crack, coc aine, marijuana, alcohol, prescription medication, heroin, opiate pills, extacy, stuffing their faces with mcdonalds and fast food, glued to reality t.v. twittering and facebooking their lives away or are so out of touch with reality, like the majority of politicians, that the results that say americans are very happy are suspect at best.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I hear you OPr.

It all comes from within. A projection.

To what one objects is to what one objects within them. A separation.

What one projects is what one feels about it or understands of it. A meaning.

Dear fellow ATS members,

Ask yourselves - Of all of the threads you read/post in/star can you actually make any meaningful difference?

What the media is guilty of attempting, and if I've understood this thread, is not only selecting to report on events that have no direct meaning to the audience but leave a deliberate imprint of helplessness, fear and separation, all the time pulling on the proverbial 'heart-strings' that have been laid bare.

Q. ''the world is fuc##d and what can you do about it!?''

Be careful of your ' heart-strings ' as they indicate to you what has the most meaning in the 'now' and this will give an answer to the threatening metaphorical question with that one is faced when engaging with information presented by news media...

A. Something or nothing.

The majority of news coverage is towards issues or events that although may come to influence ones sense of security, one can do nothing about. This promotes fear and separation.

We are all evolving to another dimension(s). A feeling of separation will not help this process.

The true 'PTB' allow all things to happen and all that does is completely necessary. The true 'PTB' broadcast on a unique frequency in each of us. If you want to know what's going on around you then you must first understand that it is you who is projecting its reality, meaning or even existence.

Unless its already part of you, then ' The news ' is none of your business but don't don't underestimate what impact you may have on its reality.

The world is not getting better or worse as it is simply matter, but things are a changin' - that's for sure.

Take it with a smile or don't take it at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
I hear you OPr.

It all comes from within. A projection.

To what one objects is to what one objects within them. A separation.

What one projects is what one feels about it or understands of it. A meaning.

Get over yourself.

If YOU are so self-absorbed, that you think whatever you're perceiving is JUST a projection, stay the hell away from me narcissist.

Demoralized scumbags everywhere that can't even tell right from wrong.

Great reply to showing how the world's inhabitants are getting worse and worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

''Get over yourself.''

One of the toughest challenges one has to deal with! I appreaciate the support.

''If YOU are so self-absorbed, that you think whatever you're perceiving is JUST a projection, stay the hell away from me narcissist.''

To project and absorb? I'll leave you to it.

''Demoralized scumbags everywhere that can't even tell right from wrong. Great reply to showing how the world's inhabitants are getting worse and worse.''

Quite.

And in other news...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join