It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world really is getting better and better

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Lol When I talk about the past Im mean millennia ago, a few hundred years ago the world was quite #ty. And I'd rather take a crap next to a tree then on a toilet which a thousand people use, you know my poop can act as a fertilizer =D

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is no reason to let TPTB off the hook, for there have always been solutions. Why are we living in these big, resource heavy structures? Who block multi family properties, ie. eco farm type sharing? Who has the restrictions in for not only having large farms for more families, with land and privacy unlike citified townhouses, and for even the types of buildings we can have, there are far cheaper, yet still 4 season and luxurious, also storm proof, that would be quite a step up from a hut in India, which I recall some Royal yahoo from the UK, speaking of some slum without plumbing, bathroom facilities or electricity was the model for the world. You see that was one of TPTB speaking from his small consiousness wishing ill on others.

I envision ecofarms everywhere, and wonderful, luxurious solutions on a budget such as:

yurts 1

Yurts II

Earthships 101 part I

I recall a video I cannot find of an elderly woman and her sons, who had a business giving workshops to build earthship homes, and they had the land, the house cost just over 40 000 US to contruct, and they had some savings. Even if you needed morgage (if banks TPTB would give morgages for alternative homes even) it would be small payments, people rent for far more than that! And it was self sufficient energy system, the only cost for heat, green house, electricity would be repairs.

It most definitely is not VIA TPTB that Goodness exists. That visions of an equal free future can come either.
They need to listen to the people more.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99

LOL you made me laugh so hard, that's only recently not of the past. and Look at places like Mumbai there is a shanty area with 1million people living mostly homeless living on the streets with bits of there body cut off for better chances of getting money from begging. 1440 people per a toilet. The water is so filthy that they drink coke instead. Conditions of life are only good for those who can afford it, in the past you didn't need money to build your own place to stay in.

Ive actually been to Mumbai. Ive seen the darkest places of the world. Ive seen people look for food among dead cats. Just because Im optimistic does not mean Im naive or unfamiliar with the dark side.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I agree talk is not as good as action, but that is where we're all tied up in knots. How, what, where, when, its something I think of alot. Including meditations for, Action, Do! Now! We're still stuck in the ruts of routine and the world is very hard to finetune to what matters most, what basics. Doing our best with family and trying to problem solve takes up so much energy, the other matters take the thing I wish we could learn to do better, communicate in communities.

All this fear and anger people are radiating costs them a lot of energy...energy that could have been used for positive action, imo.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

quote : The green, blue and purple countries call themselves very happy to fairly happy and the orange and red countries call themselves unhappy to very unhappy.

eehhhhhh ! i dont see no purple !

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxXAmmoXxX
Okay, although you bring up some very valid arguments there are a few key things that I don't think you have taken into account. People's concern about overall global state of affairs is a very VERY good thing. For you to suggest that we should stop complaining and just be happy with the way that things are is ridiculous.

I didnt suggest that. Anyhwere. Realism (the OP is not even Optimism, its Realism) does not imply inactivity or complacency. Merely to start seeing objectively and not only from personal bad experiences. Also: Happiness gets more done than fear.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Im all for the whole world living in plenty.

And TPTB is doing an excellent job at letting that happen within the next Generations.

Great, you want utopia where everyone is equal..
Yes, there really are enough resources etc to do that if everyone, and I DO MEAN everyone, really wanted it..

But there's two problems with your idea of a perfect world..

1) Western countries would need to go backwards as you mention.. Say goodbye to many things you have become use yo, like your comp,flash car and fancy eating..

2) Do you really think TPTB will accept the same conditions.? If not then you will merely create dictatorships, and that's not even considering the Corporations that would control more and more..

If you really think TPTB are doing an "excellent job" as you say, then I pity you...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I doubt the OP would stop screaming if being eaten by a shark because on average, being eaten by a shark is not a problem.

I wouldnt judge the state of the world by what happened to me personally. Im not that important.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Please dont misquote me. You implied I dont want prosperity for all, so I said I dont mind if everyone has plenty.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
how will it be guided? will it be by complacency? will it be by competition? will it be by hatred and anger? will it be by happiness? or will it be by true conscious and mindful action, no matter what is contained within the perspective?

The latter sounds good to me...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

.If you really think TPTB are doing an "excellent job" as you say, then I pity you...

A big step toward improvement started with the French Revolution. Do you know which secret society orchestrated the French Revolution?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Please dont misquote me. You implied I dont want prosperity for all, so I said I dont mind if everyone has plenty.

But you know it will never be equal..
Your praise of TPTB is baffling..
The gap between the rich and poor is widening..
How can they be doing a good job for us..??
They are merely looking after themselves..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sorry OP, I agree with your title but the rest of your post is flawed.

"The much slandered "powers that be" are actually doing an excellent job at creating an enlightened planetary society in which we live side by side in diversity, mutual respect and prosperity."

Absolute hogwash. The powers that be are still the enemies of freedom, their concerns are still wealth and power.

The world is a better place than it's ever been, and it is getting better and better. I can't see how anyone can refute that. But to imply it's the result of the benevolent and well-natured PTB is fall-off-your-chair funny.

The world is a better place IN SPITE of these people, not because of them. If anything those with power merely serve as an anchor to progress.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Its certainly a strange thing to say on a conspiracy-website

Havent I proven that the middle and lower classes are richer than ever before? You wont accept that proof because it disturbs your concept of reality and who the bad-guys are.

Who are these "bankers" who are supposedly responsible for all the worlds ills?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Absolute hogwash.

At least I can document and statistically back-up my "hogwash".

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

But you know it will never be equal..

You can't convince the pro-establishment crowd of TPTB crimes against humanity and Anti-Democratic views. Even though the people they're praising admit it themselves.

See David Cameron recently acknowledging Britain in the past has supported brutal murderous tyrants because they towed the Western line and provided stability. Condoleza Rice coneded the same thing years ago too.

Both acknowledged this in past tense as if to suggest they've changed. But we know they're just propogandists.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Absolute hogwash.

Really? I've just read 4 pages and I'm waiting for it.

Back up your hogwash. Provide objective proof that the government and elites are benevolent and act in the interests of humanity.

Shall I wait or get my coat? I don't think you can do it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Back up your hogwash. Provide objective proof that the government and elites are benevolent and act in the interests of humanity.

If they werent the world would not be improving as dramatically has it has been in the last few hundred years.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If they werent the world would not be improving as dramatically has it has been in the last few hundred years.

Explain the FACT that the world's wealth is increasingly consolidated into the hands of the few..

Sure mate, they're here to help us..

Edit to add:: And really, who's to say we would not be even better off without their "so called" help.??
Most would agree we should be far more prosperous than we are now..
Instead we are going backwards..
edit on 6-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No you can't........
You have no way to show us what the world would be like without this "so called" help from our friendly PTB..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join