The world really is getting better and better

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Skyfloating,

Another very enjoyable read.

I agree that the world is getting better and better. But it is not all uphill. There will be dips and such, but overall as it stands right now,yeah it feels like we are entering into better times.

This topic is definitely up for debate, but for the most part, I think it is a good mindset to be like yeah man, this world is slowing becoming a better place.

Feels to me like things are working themselves out. But there are also going to be some changes here in the near future in my opinion on a worldwide scale.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

No one wants to know about 5000 years ago...

As explained in the OP, only looking at ones one life, and ones own time/generation is like looking at a small snapshot and then drawing conclusions about the world and reality.

Try talking 50 at most...And it's gone downhill..

Nope. More people live in their own homes than ever before.

But it sounds like you think we should all live in nice clean little shacks, maybe even with a flushing toilet..

Im all for the whole world living in plenty.

And TPTB is doing an excellent job at letting that happen within the next Generations.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
America will soon be completely red

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Very much agreed. My situation, and opinions of it, are subjective and, as we all know, mileage does vary. But, having said that, statistics, trends, patterns, etc. are really nothing more than collages or collections of many subjective opinions/experiences/opinions, cobbled together, and looked at as a whole. In that sense, and including my second hand information ( The situations of family, friends, neighbors ) I do have insight into at least a sub section of the whole.

Many years ago, maybe even on ATS, or a site like it, I read an article or thread about a supposed UN document that said, in essence, in order for one world governance to happen it would be necessary to lower the expectation set and lifestyles of first world citizens while bettering the lives of third world citizens. In effect, to make everyone in the world a "meet in the middle" second world personage. I have tried to find this document again, a few times, to no avail - and it may have well been a hoax. But the concept offered did strike me as very logical and probably valid. Resources are, by their very definition, limited and, if we even the playing field, then life does have to get "worse" for a segment of the worlds population.

In the last several years I have often thought of this concept. It seems to apply, at least on the surface of what I have seen firsthand. This is if I ignore the very real fact that the super rich are, in fact, becoming exponentially more wealthy these days. Exclude them and the model does fit.

Will American (or the west in general ) bounce back? Maybe. Maybe not. I think I will be happy either way. I have learned to live with less - a lot less. And I have learned to enjoy much more simple pleasures than I once did. This is probably, actually, a healthy thing. This process has definitely made me a better person.. a man who is far less superficial at least. But, as a parent, it does trouble me that it is entirely possible my kids, and soon grandkids, might not enjoy a period of prosperity such as I have enjoyed during my years.

There is a duality to this concept, I suppose is what I am getting at. Saying that the world is "better" can become so abstract a notion that it doesn't actually address the perspectives of those who are experiencing it at any given point in time.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Skyfloating,

Another very enjoyable read.

Well thank you! Back to you!

I agree that the world is getting better and better. But it is not all uphill. There will be dips and such, but overall as it stands right now,yeah it feels like we are entering into better times.

Im glad you see it. I agree there are tough times ahead. Sometimes, before things improve, they temporarily get worse. Some changes come with upheaval....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
WOW ! Totally amazing thread! I was mulling over trying to write something like this just yesterday. It seems that the media had influenced me enough that I couldn't post without going negative. So I refrained. True story.

OP you have my star and flag without hesitation!

My view is that my life is what I project out from me. When I speak, it comes from me. When I work, I am projecting me into the world. It goes on. My life is what I am doing to the world. Sometimes stuff just happens and it is then my challenge to find out how I had something to do with bringing it about. If one chooses to be the receiving end he can not ever be the cause. So then he can't doanything about it. Unhappiness. Yes OP the world is better
and even better with your post.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Many years ago, maybe even on ATS, or a site like it, I read an article or thread about a supposed UN document that said, in essence, in order for one world governance to happen it would be necessary to lower the expectation set and lifestyles of first world citizens while bettering the lives of third world citizens. In effect, to make everyone in the world a "meet in the middle" second world personage.

This would be a variation of the idea that one mans wealth is another mans poverty. There has been a LOT of controversy surrounding this notion, to say the least. While it is sometimes obviously true that if I take away money from you then I have and you have-not, I would argue that generally one persons prosperity is of more benefit to others than one mans poverty. The person who took your job: It is only natural that he would get the job because he is offering the same service for less money. As Globalization moves forward we will be seeing more of this and perhaps, as you say, a slight leveling out of the overall global situation. But, say, Africas overall higher prosperity will be to the long-term-benefit to richer countries because we wont have to give financial aid anymore.

And I have learned to enjoy much more simple pleasures than I once did. This is probably, actually, a healthy thing.

I think it is healthy. I think its also healthy that Americans see they dont need 5 household TVs, 2 are enough, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Lol, mod, taking a look at that warm fuzzy feeling coming from the mideast, i highly doubt that your statistical chart is right, as Saudi Arabia just sent what was it 100 tanks and troops to Bahran? I would have used the Mcdonalds chart and calculated it in the sense of Nationalism in which this entity-Mcdonalds reside. In my argument I feel the only blue chart with a high sense of state-hood would be Alaska, as every other Actor that is in blue are having the life blood sucked out of them by big business and big banking, just my thoughts

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
LOL

Well, it would be nice if you could balance out those statistics with what's happening to the environment.

It's not as if civilization is on a path even remotely sustainable by most scientists accounts....

The only real improvements have been technology over the last century.

Everything else seems to be well into a decline.

If you honestly don't think civilization is teetering on the edge, then there really is no reason to debate the topic with you. The difference in perspective is far too great.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yoesse
WOW ! Totally amazing thread! I was mulling over trying to write something like this just yesterday. It seems that the media had influenced me enough that I couldn't post without going negative. So I refrained. True story.

Its the mass-brainwashing phenomenon of our times. 95% of the news is negative, with the last 5%, usually at the end of the newscast usually being something irrelevant.

And sadly a whole Generation has been so forcefully and ruthlessly indoctrinated that most people wont even believe that the world is factually getting better (this thread is evidence of that).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
the harder TPTB push to control and restrict, the more people awaken the more information is freed up.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The soul reason that there are close to 7 billion people on earth today is because of our modern industry and oil resources.

If you just take oil out of the equation billions of people will become extinct.

There might be some bright minds that will see the dilemma we will face when the oil is used up!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Lol, mod, taking a look at that warm fuzzy feeling coming from the mideast, i highly doubt that your statistical chart is right, as Saudi Arabia just sent what was it 100 tanks and troops to Bahran? I would have used the Mcdonalds chart and calculated it in the sense of Nationalism in which this entity-Mcdonalds reside. In my argument I feel the only blue chart with a high sense of state-hood would be Alaska, as every other Actor that is in blue are having the life blood sucked out of them by big business and big banking, just my thoughts

Its easy to follow the usual cliche of bashing some vague and undefined "big business". How much more effort does it take to actually contribute constructive thought to the betterment of the world....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is not thanks to TPTB. This is thanks to the frequency and goodness that I believe exists in most of humanity, and even to some extent in some of TPTB.

I see both sides here, but the picture of the world getting better (though not through hardship but through bounty, people waking up more to equality and having voices of their own, their own counsels, ethical businesses, not monopolies, start turning pyramids upside down) is one I hold all the time. I think we need to see the Good in everyone, and trust in each other a lot more.

One thing that would help, is clean energy for all, access to land and resources without banks; and water, air, soil, Food, poison free, without GMO and Codex Gestapo's.

You see, I don't consider fascism on a global scale with war, disease making trillions, and starvation existing for billions, getting better. Nor do I consider living in a time bubble using fossil fuels when we're way beyond that, getting better. Seems we have some greedy folk at the top, and thats not getting better either.

I believe it can get a lot better, because people are good, their hearts in the right place most of the time, and the more they realize they're being shorted, poisoned, and corporations aren't caring about their employees, the more they themselves will be looking at citizens's counsels, finding solutions for poverty, starting clean ethical businesses and buying from each other, and ensuring homes and resources are for everyone, not just double income slaves.

I really believe that there is two things we need always to think of: our neighbor and to believe and see the Goodness/Love in all, to never envision things getting worse, but only improving in equality and action steps, people getting involved more. And to give more, because ARK is acts of random kindness, its a frequency thing.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I hereby argue that much of the doomsaying you can read here every day is itself disinformation meant to keep you in a state of fear and inertia. The much slandered "powers that be" are actually doing an excellent job at creating an enlightened planetary society in which we live side by side in diversity, mutual respect and prosperity. The fearmongers are not actually the "awakened ones" as opposed to who they call "sheeple", its just the other way around. I can prove this.
This link sums it up real good:
Hans Rosling's 200 Countries...

The reason we got so much bad news in our media is because that's what sells. Sex sells too. Sensationalism is what gets them their income. They're not much far off from the entertainment industry. Only about 5 percent of our work force performs duties that're necessary to our civilization, the rest is arbitrary. Thus you get a lot of things that're indulgent and entertainment based.

We're so well off that most of our jobs aren't for necessities. That should be good news.

What's funny is that all of this good news will be used to say the world is bad!
edit on 6-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The best way to tax the rich is to become an artist and charge $1,000,000 each for a painting.

The rich will gobble em up and won't complain about it.

Don't believe me? Well then you must be happy making $50,000 a year.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The reason we got so much bad news in our media is because that's what sells.

True, except most of the bad news we get isn't all too important, yet truly bad news which should be known and acted upon are obfuscate.

Sex sells too. Sensationalism is what gets them their income. They're not much far off from the entertainment industry.

True, true, and true again.

Only about 5 percent of our work force performs duties that're necessary to our civilization, the rest is arbitrary. Thus you get a lot of things that're indulgent and entertainment based.

We're so well off that most of our jobs aren't for necessities. That should be good news.

What's funny is that all of this good news will be used to say the world is bad!

Actually I think the funny part is you believe that getting to the point that 5% can barely carry the weight of the remaining, worthless 95% is actually a good thing for our species!

Is a massively obese, middle aged man, who lives in his own filth well off?! I guess that's subjective.
edit on 6-3-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

The reason we got so much bad news in our media is because that's what sells.

True, except most of the bad news we get isn't all too important, yet truly bad news which should be known and acted upon are obfuscate.

Sex sells too. Sensationalism is what gets them their income. They're not much far off from the entertainment industry.

True, true, and true again.

Only about 5 percent of our work force performs duties that're necessary to our civilization, the rest is arbitrary. Thus you get a lot of things that're indulgent and entertainment based.

Actually I think the funny part is you believe that getting to the point that 5% can barely carry the weight of the remaining, worthless 95% is actually a good thing for our species!

Is a massively obese, middle aged man, who lives in his own filth well off?! I guess that's subjective.
edit on 6-3-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)
Yes I think ti's good that not everyone has to farm or work in a sewage plant or work for the county ensuring water safety or mining uranium or be a policeman or any of the other essential duties performed by the 5%. It leaves a lot of room for evolution and culture. It's a plus, not a negative.

You know how much food and clothes go to waste? We waste a lot in this country! Some people say that's a bad thing. But it also shows we're wealthy enough to waste things. That's good.

Jobs are a way for us to be our best doing what we love to do. Not about solely producing essential goods or services. If that were true, we'd have a lot of unemployed people.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think everything is getting better also - the current paradigm is dissolving and horizontal integration will replace the current vertical command and control. Chaos and order are yin/yang and we have been so rigidly ordered that this next chaos on earth is a real doozy. There are some very interesting theories out there, we really need to re-validate the assumptions that we have been taught from the one size fits all western education system. Highly interesting thought that western quantum mechanics converges upon eastern meta-physics, just as the Mayan calendar expires. Civilization is a fragmentary concept and history is generally rewritten by the victors.

We are down so low, that it all looks like up from here. But up and down are just virtual figments over over-eager imaginations. A general work stoppage until we figure out what to do next may be in order (or in chaos). Namaste

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The best way to tax the rich is to become an artist and charge $1,000,000 each for a painting.

The rich will gobble em up and won't complain about it.

Best idea I've ever read on this site!

A star for you!

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join