It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world really is getting better and better

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Look up and read all the content the links provide and add it all up before you speak your mind, maybe you will speak differently.

Or is speaking your mind a bad habit for you?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Look up and read all the content the links provide and add it all up before you speak your mind, maybe you will speak differently.

Or is speaking your mind a bad habit for you?

Ive been on ATS a long time my friend. Ive read more articles on that stuff than you can throw at me.

Again, whats your point? Were not talking about corruption and such. Of course the rich keep getting richer. Should this ruin MY life?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Apparently the amount of time a person spends on ATS has nothing to do with reality.

A person can gather a great deal of knowledge from being a part of the ATS community, but that depends on if you fully understand the content you are reading.

A lot of people claim that they can read.
Everyone who claims that they can read say that they fully understand the content which they are reading.
But the truth is; only a small fraction actually get it right.
That is why we are arguing my friend.
We both claim to be right.
Either i am being ignorant or its you.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

If my children want a cell phone, they will learn to save and buy it themselves.

Self-sufficiency is a lost art. People borrow and borrow and wonder why they have no money or rage at the banks for charging interests they knew damn well they would pay BEFORE they took said loan or racked up their VISA or Mastercard.

Newsflash! You dont need the best SUV on the block. You just need something that runs.

Self-Sufficiency is one of the most important things one can learn. There are many degrees of that. There are too many people who...frankly...dont know how to do anything except, perhaps, operate the remote control of the TV.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
you are just pulling crap out of thin air.

You could not be telling people "# you and your suffering" any more clearly if you flat out said it.

You just like that little extra psychological cruelty

Some come here for discussion and debate. Some come here for entertainment. Some come here to share information they think is important. I made this thread to share what I personally believe is really true: That both mass-media and alternative media, which is not really "alternative" at all are adept at bushing peoples fear-buttons, that they display and present a negative bias and distorted view of every day life on planet earth. Having created similar threads before, anyone can see that this is something I truly believe. From your tone in the quoted brackets and also the tone I have become familiar with over years of your posting on ATS, I can tell you are not interested in constructive debate
edit on 10-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
childish one liners that deflected from the points I initially raised about the topic.

Originally posted by Ost33
Things are really not getting better, its totally opposite.

But really, you all that think that we are heading on a good trip is delusional.

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You can poop in a punch bowl and call it rainbow sherbert if you like, but that doesn't make it so.

You folks cant counter the science, so you drop a few "nope, it aint so" and leave again so that you can remain comfortable in your belief that everything is going downhill.

Saying "nope, it aint so" doesnt change the science.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Skyfloating

There is no denying that over the centuries those in the civilized world have seen an increase in their health,life expectancy and standard of living..

The problem most have with your thread is that you credit TPTB with the improvement..

WE are the powers that BE.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

eta caution some strong language contained in vid.

This is quite a good show that has been on Tv the last few nights called How TV ruined your life. Its a satirical look at how the media has basically ruined our perceptions of the world.

edit on 10-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I starred your post enthusiastically because it summarizes the point Ive been trying to argue into a movie that expresses it better than I have.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by B.Morrison
childish one liners that deflected from the points I initially raised about the topic.

Originally posted by Ost33
Things are really not getting better, its totally opposite.

But really, you all that think that we are heading on a good trip is delusional.

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You can poop in a punch bowl and call it rainbow sherbert if you like, but that doesn't make it so.

You folks cant counter the science, so you drop a few "nope, it aint so" and leave again so that you can remain comfortable in your belief that everything is going downhill.

Saying "nope, it aint so" doesnt change the science.

"deflected from the points I initially raised about the topic"

lump me into that category if you want but until you choose to talk about any of the things i initially brought up then we have nothing to discuss, it is as simply as that, I never mentioned your 'science', though to be honest I feel at this point I have completely lost interest in your thread.

I'm glad you have a positive outlook on things skyfloating, I hope it doesn't cloud your judgement to the point that it becomes a serious detriment.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

You originally came into the thread and said: "I dont like how the world is going". And I said: "Well, I think its going better than many think". And "What now?" And then you say my response is childish.

Honestly, I dont really know what to talk about with you. What do you expect me to say?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

There's no point looking for solutions when the problem itself cannot be agreed on.

Except: Doomssayers are not looking for solutions. They have decided that we are all doomed and period.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

You should read up on...

I bet you will see things very differently after. Living in denial is the first sign of despair. After that comes anger than depression.

You tell me what I "should" read up on. But that assumes that I havent already, right? That, on the other hand, means that you are psychologically projecting the status of "not having read up on stuff" into me.

After that you tell me I am in despair and on the path to depression.

Do you notice anything off about your post? Anything at all?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ironic how a thread about the world getting better and better mostly is creating negative feelings between fellow members of this forum.

For some reason, it's all personal on this thread.

Probably because there's nothing really to discuss. Fundamental viewpoints we have based on our life experience is all...

This sort of thing is very difficult to communicate and reach understanding over the internet.

I've realized this thread and it's intentions and it's all just too personal of a game here.

Different life experiences, fundamentally different world-views, they're not going to change over the internet.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions
Ironic how a thread about the world getting better and better mostly is creating negative feelings.

I felt fantastic before starting the thread, fantastic during reading it and still feel fantastic after reading it. I know there are many who think its required of me to feel down and out until the world has reached perfection, but I think I´ll pass on that. Me whining would help nobody.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I don't know, it took me a few days of recollection and pondering to come in here and tell you that I think you are wrong about the world. While I do understand that our technology, communication, and way of life is much better than say 40 or 50 years ago I don't think the world is getting better.

Natural disasters seem to be getting more frequent I don't know if this is due to world wide communications or an actual increase.

Trends in natural disasters. With growing population and infrastructures the world’s exposure to natural hazards is inevitably increasing. This is particularly true as the strongest population growth is located in coastal areas (with greater exposure to floods, cyclones and tidal waves). To make matters worse any land remaining available for urban growth is generally risk-prone, for instance flood plains or steep slopes subject to landslides.
UNEP

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77071812d2c5.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry if it is too big.

But with that and many places are getting overpopulated so there is a bit of food shortage, shortage of medical supplies, and doctors it spells that humanity needs to do some real thinking real soon.

Now you must factor in the areas at war and full of corruption that you will never head about in the news. Places such as Guatemala where corruption runs rampant and it is a leading point to smuggle weapons into Mexico, Mexico's drug war where there is 6 people dead everyday only in Juarez, the poverty of many African, South American, and poorer countries, Japan's earthquake, New Zealand earthquake, country's on the brink of bankruptcy (some even bankrupt like Greece), the corruption of the IMF where they lend money to countries with interest rates that they may never pay back, the US debt, mass deforestation, mass animal die-offs, 2 failed wars that the US is still pouring money into, inflation, and many diseases killing people.

Of course I have just scratched the surface I didn't factor in residents affected by the BP oil spill or the fact that the next president will be sponsored by Coca-Cola due to the elimination of corporate caps on funding candidates.

Now I am not saying that people aren't trying to introduce new technologies but I think the emergence of new technology and new inventions will be muscled to the military. Which we didn't factor in the influence that they have.

So now I am left wondering again who's life is getting better? My life is pretty good but now what about the billions around the world?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

"But the greedy rich are getting richer at the expense of the poor"

Truth: The middle class today are richer than the rich a century ago. Things that only royals and the elite used to have, are no longer restricted to the elite. A few hundred years ago some royals couldnt even afford a bathtub.

Technology creates the illusion that the "middle class" is better off.

In reality, the centralization of resources for an extremely small percentage of the global population is worse than any other time in history by an extreme degree.

The kings of today are far far more above the general population that any other time in human history in terms of power and use of real physical resources.

The pyramid of wealth (and resources) was at one time shaped like a normal pyramid. Now it is shaped like a giant tower with an extremely large base and a thin point shooting miles into the air.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

What? what kinda sheets do you have front of you? that tells you it goes on a uphill glory path? maybe an utopia?

Maybe its going up, but not for the majority..

You did a flip or what?

Seems like you contradict alot of your life here in ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread. I've been contemplating starting a similar thread recently but you've spared me the trouble. I really feel that this current generation are becoming slaves to the likes of Alex Jones, et. al. Fear and paranoia are rife, for no real reason. Young people who pay too much attention to people like him are at risk of having their entire outlook on life tainted, in a very negative way. I suppose the internet is to blame, in a way. The World can look frightening and sinister through a computer screen, as everything is negative, all the time. But when you actually get out into the real World, things aren't so bad. But it's getting out of hand. Every natural disaster is caused by HAARP, shifting Poles, or 'Nibiru'. Every little decision a Government makes is another step towards a New World Order and the slaughter of millions of people. People have been talking about these things for decades. If it was going to happen, why hasn't it already? It's nonsense.

And as far as the Global economy goes, hey, recessions happen. It's not going to last forever. Slowly, things will recover. Both my partner and I are both only working part-time, and yet we can afford the bills, to run cars, occasional holidays etc. Things aren't so bad. I realise a lot of people are in worse situations, but certain people in certain walks of life, have always had it worse off. Look back 50/60/70 years ago, and it's obvious that the standard of living has improved for everyone, to varying degrees. If governments didn't work in the people's best interest, in general, that wouldn't be the case. I, for one, choose not to get bogged down in the fear and negativity that so many in this generation accept so readily.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
you didnt prove anything. just gave data taken by human beings themselves. its not proof. and about your topic..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join