It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Call This An Economic Recovery? 44 Million Americans On Food Stamps and 10 Other Reasons Why The

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ok I see, that is a good explanation, in my mind I was thinking of something else. I don't know, if it is freelance, then there would also be times you'd never have work to do? Am I correct?
And It depends on if they like your style? Etc?
Well to me this really doesn't seem like a viable alternative, but maybe it is?
I don't know there are a lot of "ifs" in there for my liking. But yeah it would be worth a shot.

And I am not trying to attack anyone, but the friend I mentioned, well if she came on and explained her story, I am sure people would say the same things to her. It is unbeleivable what has happened to her in the past three years alone. That's why I will take everyone for the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she's lying, because her story is pretty close to my friend's except that my friend is only 36 and on SSI and the fight she has gone through to get that alone, is mind baffling. I just think that just because it may seem impossible to you, that in fact it may be, that you needn't call her a liar. Or say she's fishing for sympathy. But you're entitled to your opinion.
edit on 8-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Justagyrl

Ok well I try to go on their link for what it is all about, and it then tells me that the address is wrong. I don't know what this is all about can you explain it? I am interested. I was thinking of the software with the listings of people's email etc. it's sort of like telemarketing but online. You know those ones that say "earn 1,000 dollars a week. My mistake, sorry.

OK now it's working. Nevermind reading.
Wait it's just like ms office, which I have but what are you supposed to do with it?
Am I missing something here?
I don't really know how this is supposed to help start a business?
edit on 8-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: edited to add

Amaratsu was saying that she needed software to work off of elance, software like Microsoft Office but could not afford it. Open office can be converted into ms document and it is completely free. What you are missing: she said she wanted to work from elance but couldn't afford ms office. She doesn't have to use ms office she could use open office FOR FREE. Which she was told and then she said she didn't have a computer, but spends all this time on ATS and writing ebooks. You don't start a business using elance...it is legitimate freelance work, which Amaratsu seem to know about.

Aaaaaaaa-a-a-a-a-and... case closed. Nice work justagyrl.

Of course, I'm sure it had something with "TPTB" that were stopping her from working freelance...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Justagyrl

Yeah I don't know. Freelance is very dificult to get any viable long term weekly income off of. I still see this as a side job type of thing. But yeah she should give it a shot go to open office. The only reason I have MS office is because the school provided me a copy free as we need it since I am in online school.

I just don't think freelance anything would be enough to pay the bills. I don't know, maybe next week while I have a break from school I will do some myself. Just to research to see if it provides viable income. It couldn't hurt.
But, I still think you are wrong that she is lying I already posted why.
I just think you are being a little hard on her that's just my opinion. And I stated my reasons why.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
so tell me, with elance can you get good freelance jobs without paying? It doesnt look like it.
search google for "elance" and before you even finish typing it, the first suggestion is "elance scam"

here, see for yourself.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

boy this sure sounds like a viable alternative to employment!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Ok I see, that is a good explanation, in my mind I was thinking of something else. I don't know, if it is freelance, then there would also be times you'd never have work to do? Am I correct?
I don't know there are a lot of "ifs" in there for my liking. But yeah it would be worth a shot.

And I am not trying to attack anyone, but the friend I mentioned, well if she came on and explained her story, I am sure people would say the same things to her. It is unbeleivable what has happened to her in the past three years alone. That's why I will take everyone for the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she's lying, because her story is pretty close to my friend's except that my friend is only 36 and on SSI and the fight she has gone through to get that alone, is mind baffling. I just think that just because it may seem impossible to you, that in fact it may be, that you need to call her a liar. Or say she's fishing for sympathy. But you're entitled to your opinion.

If you are good at what you do there is a lot of money to be made using places like elance. Here is what I don't understand...you said there were a lot of "ifs" like a lot of times she would not have work to do...well isn't earning some income better then none?? I mean even if she made 100 a week, isn't it better then making 0? I don't get this all or nothing mentality. It was kinda like she was saying give me the $60,000 I was making or just forget about it. I am not attacking you are being a smartass, I just really would like to know that thinking because that seems to be how a lot of people in this thread feel.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

And I am not trying to attack anyone, but the friend I mentioned, well if she came on and explained her story

If you are doing nothing for work, any money you make in freelance is more money than you had in the first place. I am not saying she will earn a living guaranteed, but it doesn't stop her from earning something to spend or to save.

I could really tell an unbelievable story, I wouldn't though, cause it really doesn't serve a purpose. However, telling stories and making excuses that don't fit with reality are two separate things.

Like justagurl said, the first thing I thought about was openoffice when the other person said they don't have the software. Anyone interested in this kind of work will learn about this after 10 mins of blog reading.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

You Call This An Economic Recovery? 44 Million Americans On Food Stamps and 10 Other Reasons Why

No,we call it 8years of a 'c-' grade point average,drunken, crack head presidents way of how things was handled before this adminatration.so thanks george bushjr.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Boncho, why are you still here taunting out of work americans?

you are a canadian citizen.
you yourself do not work.

why are you still here arguing? times are tough. its not easy to find a job, not even at elance (where you will be underbod by russians or indians).

You think you heard a sob story, so you are here to insult the person you think is providing said sob story....you did so.

so, mission accomplished. why are you still here arguing?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Yeah I am pretty skeptical, too but beleive me next week I will keep my word and do it myself to see if it is viable and I promise I will report to this thread on my findings. Cause honestly I do need the money so it wouldn't be for nothing. But I agree with you, I don't think it's going to prove very fruitful.
And I am not calling the others liars And I won't say I told you so, it's not my style, but can we agree to stop bashing for awhile and move on?
Whether the woman is lyiing or not (I personally don't think she is), what good is it going to do calling her things and bashing her? It's not going to make any difference. You can only offer advice, but if someone is truly set in that mindset, you're not going to change their mind, you might as well be talking to the walls!!!! Just saying.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
so tell me, with elance can you get good freelance jobs without paying? It doesnt look like it.
search google for "elance" and before you even finish typing it, the first suggestion is "elance scam"

here, see for yourself.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

boy this sure sounds like a viable alternative to employment!!

Type in ebay scam. Is all of ebay a scam?

It is a work marketplace not a company that you work for. There is always a risk factor but the very worst is you don't get paid on something. That is factored down because of the rankings hirers have on the site, you can only choose to deal with reputable employers, just like on ebay.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
www.ripoffreport.com...

more on elance scams.

so do you guys have more great ideas?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Type in ebay scam. Is all of ebay a scam?

Well, if you consider the way ebay used to be, i would say that yes, it is a scam, and thats why i dont use it anymore. ever since the merger with paypal, it has been a huge scam.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

www.ripoffreport.com...

more on elance scams.

SMDH
He doesn't get it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yeah I am pretty skeptical, too but beleive me next week I will keep my word and do it myself to see if it is viable and I promise I will report to this thread on my findings. Cause honestly I do need the money so it wouldn't be for nothing. But I agree with you, I don't think it's going to prove very fruitful.

Well, at least i hope you try to the free version of elance, and not pay $40 for the "business class" version.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

www.ripoffreport.com...

more on elance scams.

SMDH
He doesn't get it.

What dont i get? Elance is a scam, and they make money off of people desperate to work for cheap and people looking for cheap labor.

But I dont get it....
hey werent you making dinner? or was that just a story you cooked up?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

And I am not calling the others liars And I won't say I told you so, it's not my style, but can we agree to stop bashing for awhile and move on?
Whether the woman is lyiing or not (I personally don't think she is), what good is it going to do calling her things and bashing her? It's not going to make any difference. You can only offer advice, but if someone is truly set in that mindset, you're not going to change their mind, you might as well be talking to the walls!!!! Just saying.

If you choose to do it be very critical in the process. I am offering this as a warning just as I would have to the other person had they been interested in it. I suggest setting up a profile with your talents on www.linkedin.com first. While you are there you can find groups related to freelance work and they can explain the in's and out's of it.

But be very cautious and do not take everything at face value.

Remember: Any legitimate freelance market will not ask you for money up front for anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

www.ripoffreport.com...

more on elance scams.

SMDH
He doesn't get it.

What dont i get? Elance is a scam, and they make money off of people desperate to work for cheap and people looking for cheap labor.

But I dont get it....

Nope, I didn't cook...obviously I got side tracked by your stupidity.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That was rude, sorry. I didn't cook, they ate pb & j sandwiches.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Nope, I didn't cook...obviously I got side tracked by your stupidity.

Oh noes, I am a stupid poo poo face!!

I would think that you getting gang jobbed on this thread would show you who exactly was acting stupid, but I see you "dont get it", and probbaly never will.

have a nice life up on that horse, i hope you never fall off.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

www.ripoffreport.com...

more on elance scams.

SMDH
He doesn't get it.

But I dont get it....

www.ripoffreport.com...

Do you read through the crap you post or just cut and paste? Is ebay an all out scam?

Like I said, it is a MARKETPLACE, meaning a place to go and answer job ads. Are there scammers on the site? YES. Just as there are scammers on ebay, in the newspaper and on craigslist.

I am not advocating, blindly answering any ad and offering your services. I am offering suggestions of a place to do freelance work. It is not different than saying go look on ebay to buy or sell something, ebay is riddled with fake items and scammers too.

But she said she is in desperate situation, so that is an option. She doesn't want to use it fine, she didn't say that, she said she didn't have a program to work with, a program that is available free online.

Or did you miss something?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join