It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Call This An Economic Recovery? 44 Million Americans On Food Stamps and 10 Other Reasons Why The

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Something happened to this dude, a woman tore him apart and he is not going to share with us. Maybe another thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Okay, seriously I am not judging. I honestly want to know your story...
Am I wrong??

Youre not judging? Every post you have made in this thread has been judging someone else!! Judge not, lest ye be judged, right?

But youre a good Christian I bet.

UMMMM NO!! Anytime you see a good Christian you should turn and run the other way as fast as possible...no joke!!

A lot of people on here have been judging me also...they are just not getting it right. Last time I am going to ask you to tell your story, if you don't want to share it here send me a message...I really want to know. Not all woman are bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

UMMMM NO!! Anytime you see a good Christian you should turn and run the other way as fast as possible...no joke!!

A lot of people on here have been judging me also...they are just not getting it right. Last time I am going to ask you to tell your story, if you don't want to share it here send me a message...I really want to know. Not all woman are bad.

My story? First off, quit deflecting. We were talking about something else.

Secondly, (not that its any of your business) Ive happily been with my girl for several years. She cant stand smarmy, holier than thou know it alls either. We get along good.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

My story? First off, quit deflecting. We were talking about something else.

Secondly, (not that its any of your business) Ive happily been with my girl for several years. She cant stand smarmy, holier than thou know it alls either. We get along good.

We were talking about that person who once again just wants us to read her ebooks. Obviously you are not going to change my opinion and I am not going to change yours. Fine.

Good for girlfriend
,she has a winner in you:-)) I have to get off of my lazy, pregnant, judgmental, nonworking @ss now and fix dinner. With all the "upkeep" my husband has invested in me, I at least want to have dinner ready.

And I am far from holy...I just call it like I see it. I bet you don't like that quality in a woman either?? Just a guess.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So boncho, tell me, how much does a stay at home mom bring home net? Maybe gross would be better? She is here talking down to other people who dont have jobs WHEN SHE DOESNT HAVE ONE HERSELF. Stay at home mom might be work, but it isnt paid, and therefor is NOT under consideration for this thread.

Well, I would imagine because she is married that whatever her net household income is, is the number you would give it, you could use that as a representation. I think you fail to understand what a household or family is for you to make such an absurd statement. Had justagyrl been the one to work while her husband stays home, would you call the husband a deadbeat?

In fact, I condone this woman for staying home, because the amount of bonding with her kids is more valuable than a second income.

Or how about this? Since Ameratsu has spent so much time working on just FINDING a job (much more than 14 hours a week), maybe she should be insulting the person who do is only doing 14 hours of work a week!

Finding a job and household maintenance are two separate things, as I clearly showed, justagyrl does "work" for her husband. And by common law standards (even if they are not legally married) they are in a binding contract. So if you want to put a relative value on it (which is very superficial) you could say that her husband has contracted her to be in his employ for the return of room and board and I imagine they have a fair bit of sex too (seeing as she is a Mother).

I never said that there is only 14 hours of work being done. I said that her husband is absolved from 14 hours of labour (of the home) making it a mutually beneficial relationship.

She never said she her husband does not work. In the eyes of old and new law this woman and her husband are a joint entity (so to speak).

Or how about this? Since Ameratsu has spent so much time working on just FINDING a job (much more than 14 hours a week), maybe she should be insulting the person who do is only doing 14 hours of work a week!

So for five years then? Before the economic crisis, before the job catastrophe. I just don't believe it. It seems like an absurd number of resumes to be put out, and when discussing alternatives (elance) there is an excuse for everything from Amerastu. Not to mention the amount of time spent on this site.

No offence, but I don't have a job now, I am living on savings, however, I am completing a school program and when I get back into the job force the only computer time I will have will be used looking for something to support myself. I can't see wasting time on a site like this when there are more pressing matters, it just doesn't ad up. And the argument that only 20's somethings get jobs is BS. For I know too many people in their 60's that have been out of work and rehired. Also, the common sentiment for nearly every employer is that they want experience.

I will give credit for the past two years or so and in the future, I think it will be near impossible to find work. But given that, there is always the opportunity to look for alternatives.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

We were talking about that person who once again just wants us to read her ebooks. Obviously you are not going to change my opinion and I am not going to change yours. Fine.

Good for girlfriend
,she has a winner in you:-)) I have to get off of my lazy, pregnant, judgmental, nonworking @ss now and fix dinner. With all the "upkeep" my husband has invested in me, I at least want to have dinner ready.

No, we were talking about unemployment and food stamps, and you decided to come into this thread and insult people, and call them lazy.

No, you arent going to change my mind unless you get a job. You have no right to insult other people for not working a paying job, when you dont even do that yourself. Maybe when YOU personally start to pay taxes, I will think differently of you.

You do realize you are in the minority right? Most of America is now 2 earner families. So if you get to be a stay at home mom, you are one of few. Lucky you, you are well off. Now dont be a snob and look down on others who are having a hard time.

The only thing more hilarious and hypocritical would be if your husband worked for the governemnt.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

There you go, back to the insults and judging people and guessing what happened. Your life is paid for. You dont have to work. Your upkeep? How much do YOU pay in rent, for food, the car payment, insurance, etc? NOTHING because YOU DONT WORK!!! How hard is this to understand?

Umm, dude I am not sure if you realize this but there is something called 'divorce', and I think if justagyrl spent all hours of the day writing ebooks on new world fantasy, and not take care of her kids or household, than I think her husband might be saying this word.... Just a thought.

She is obviously doing something right if she is maintaining a household.

I guess I should phone my Mother up and call her a deadbeat because when I was a kid she didn't work. She spent ten hours a day around the house doing things for us. Man, what a lazy turd she was....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Had justagyrl been the one to work while her husband stays home, would you call the husband a deadbeat?

if he was on ATS bitching about other people who dont have jobs, yes.

In fact, I condone this woman for staying home, because the amount of bonding with her kids is more valuable than a second income.

i agree with you....unfortunately, most of america is not as lucky to marry someone that makes enough money to support 5 people. and if you happen to be that lucky, i dont understand how you can insult those that arent.

Finding a job and household maintenance are two separate things, as I clearly showed, justagyrl does "work" for her husband. And by common law standards (even if they are not legally married) they are in a binding contract. So if you want to put a relative value on it (which is very superficial) you could say that her husband has contracted her to be in his employ for the return of room and board and I imagine they have a fair bit of sex too (seeing as she is a Mother).

I never said that there is only 14 hours of work being done. I said that her husband is absolved from 14 hours of labour (of the home) making it a mutually beneficial relationship.

She never said she her husband does not work. In the eyes of old and new law this woman and her husband are a joint entity (so to speak).

So what? She still does NOT EARN MONEY FOR THE HOUSEHOLD. So therefor, for her to insult others who do not earn money for their household is hypocritical. if her husband wants to come here and bitch (is that you, Boncho?) thats fine, at least he has a leg to stand on.

So for five years then? Before the economic crisis, before the job catastrophe. I just don't believe it. It seems like an absurd number of resumes to be put out, and when discussing alternatives (elance) there is an excuse for everything from Amerastu. Not to mention the amount of time spent on this site.

No offence, but I don't have a job now, I am living on savings, however, I am completing a school program and when I get back into the job force the only computer time I will have will be used looking for something to support myself. I can't see wasting time on a site like this when there are more pressing matters, it just doesn't ad up. And the argument that only 20's somethings get jobs is BS. For I know too many people in their 60's that have been out of work and rehired. Also, the common sentiment for nearly every employer is that they want experience.

Ah, so you dont have a job either, and you are doing the same thing! No wonder you and justagyrl are on the same team! (And I guess that means you arent mr justagyrl!)

Tell you what buddy, get back to me in a couple years when you get that good computer job with your brand new school degree. Should be no problem at all right?? hahaha

I will give credit for the past two years or so and in the future, I think it will be near impossible to find work. But given that, there is always the opportunity to look for alternatives.

How old are you? You sound young. You will give credit for the past 2 years? I hate to tell you this, but its sort of common knowledge that the economy has been #ting the bed since 9/11. Its very gracious of you to give "2 years credit" when we have been in a 10 year depression.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There you go, back to the insults and judging people and guessing what happened. Your life is paid for. You dont have to work. Your upkeep? How much do YOU pay in rent, for food, the car payment, insurance, etc? NOTHING because YOU DONT WORK!!! How hard is this to understand?

Umm, dude I am not sure if you realize this but there is something called 'divorce', and I think if justagyrl spent all hours of the day writing ebooks on new world fantasy, and not take care of her kids or household, than I think her husband might be saying this word.... Just a thought.

I guess I should phone my Mother up and call her a deadbeat because when I was a kid she didn't work. She spent ten hours a day around the house doing things for us. Man, what a lazy turd she was....

Well, if your mother was complaining about people who didnt work, maybe you should. I dont care if she takes care of her household or not. Does justagyrl pay taxes on her income? no? Then she should shut up, simple as that, because HER income is not being used on social programs or unemployment. For that matter boncho, i should never hear those words out of your mouth either, because you arent paying income tax either!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You do realize you are in the minority right? Most of America is now 2 earner families. So if you get to be a stay at home mom, you are one of few. Lucky you, you are well off. Now dont be a snob and look down on others who are having a hard time.

People blame the government for a lot and with good reason. However, there is a sense of entitlement in this pseudo-radical ideology that is developing. People think they should shut down big oil, big business, close every store and factory so there are only "noble" ones left.

Newsflash, but these things built our society. Peta wants us not to eat mean, Al Gore wants us to not drive or heat our house (while his carbon footprint is ten families in vaule) and the list goes on and on. I see complaints, blaming and general poo slinging. I don't see people coming up with solutions.

There are some communities that do fight for new technology and reforms on business in said communities. They lobby at the local level and they make changes. These people are effective.

The rest are just looking to sling a new idea, build a backing and profit off of it. Look at Peta.

This ignorant poor me attitude (blame the corporations) is getting ridiculous. When did these people form community groups to make actual changes? They want money, and they want to be lazy about how they get it. Or they want to claim moral superiority over the entire world and tell them how it 'should be' without offering any realistic, real world solution to the matter.

I hope you read the person's book that you are defending, so you can see what level of nonsense you are dealing with.

justagyrl is speaking truths, nothing more, and would I be in a bad state mentally and financially I would want someone like that around to be blunt, honest, realistic, so it kicks me in the butt and denies me the chance to feel sorry for myself.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Boncho, dead on!! Thank you:-))

Knuckles, really?? I understand that most families bring in two incomes. I have said TWICE "I AM FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO STAY HOME"!!! Meaning, I know that for a lot of families that is not an option, therefore I am blessed and thankful to be able to spend this time taking care of my kids and my husband.

I am not looking down on anyone or being a snob because I think that one person is on here not being honest. If she is willing to get on here and tell her story then she needs to be ready to take some criticism when things aren't adding up. Do you believe everything everyone tells you, even if it makes no sense?? Okay, I really got to go.

Just so you know how I feel, unemployment is really bad right now. I pray...hard, for those who have found themselves in a situation they never thought they would be. Food stamps are needed. People have to eat. Working is good for the mind, body and spirit.

Just so you know, I don't pity those who wallow in their situation. Some like where they are at and they want others to feel sorry for them. So take advantage of the times we are living in, for those people...GET OFF OF ATS, STOP WRITING EBOOKS AND GO LOOK FOR A J.O.B.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: i can't spell...or use spell check

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What you said is so true. I, too was a stay at home mother for a long time. I would never ever put anybody down because they could not find work, to do so seems so ignorant to me.

I had worked when I needed to (when my significant other was laid off etc.) and now do need to work again (he's out of work 3 weeks now) but even when he was working his boss was paying him less this year than last, while attending school I am also applying for work, and have resumes circulating on the schools' career site as well as monster, yahoo jobs, jobsearch, filled out personally for many companies independantly online as well(numerous times), and I am 30-something and guess what? I can say honestly that I have put at least 100 per week in apps in just this year alone! Not every week mind you because I also attend school so when the workload has been heavy there (and there are times it IS) I have maybe put in about 20 apps in these weeks. Do you want to know how many interviews I have gotten? 2. Yes 2, and no calls for me after that. I might add I am going to school for IT Administrations-networking and I have a 3.0 average, and applied for internships (paid) as per the fact that I cannot waste my time working for no money, I need to have an income. Anyway this is 2 yrs now and no job, so folks you need to stop looking down your nose at people and putting them down. I sincerely hope LIFE knocks you OFF your HIGHHORSE!!!! (not to you aching_knuckles, this is to who you were responding)
edit on 8-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: stupid punctuation

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well, if your mother was complaining about people who didnt work, maybe you should. I dont care if she takes care of her household or not. Does justagyrl pay taxes on her income? no? Then she should shut up, simple as that, because HER income is not being used on social programs or unemployment. For that matter boncho, i should never hear those words out of your mouth either, because you arent paying income tax either!

No, I'm not, I paid income tax on my savings. That whole thing where I said I am living off savings (no government assistance) kind of explains that. I originally paid taxes on that, and I took no advantage of student loans or bursaries or anything else for that matter. So I can't say the government is helping me.

I know, it's a weird concept for people to save money.

I'm from Canada so I don't know how your IRS system is set up. But as far as I know taxes for married couples are filed as household income, and it is paid on that basis. Hence the whole legalities of marriage, you know, as in law.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'm from Canada so I don't know how your IRS system is set up. But as far as I know taxes for married couples are filed as household income, and it is paid on that basis. Hence the whole legalities of marriage, you know, as in law.

Lets see, you are form Canada, dont work, and you here complaining on a thread about Americans on food stamps, and lecturing us about our government, and insulting Americans who cant find jobs.

To you, I say, Skate away you hoser, eh.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
looks like alot of people have given up trying to find a job, and well....
decided to create a job instead...

money.cnn.com...
new business startups at 15 year high....
no, alot of these new businesses are not taking on employees....

it's more of an act of desparation....

A few years ago there was a homeless guy who got locked up for shining shoes without a permit. When he asked where he could get the permit, no one could tell him where he needed to go. When he finally did find where to get the permit, he was denied the permit.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A major part of the problem is that the US government is acting as an enabler for those who are not employed. Through all the programs they provide so much aid to those not working that in many cases the person would end up taking a "pay cut" so to say if they went back to work! I personally know a couple people who had job offers but decided to stay on unemployment until it ran out because it was such a sweet deal.

I am still a firm believer if you are on govt assistance (and not physically disabled) you should be drug tested at a reasonable frequency and required to perform a minimum amount of community service.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
just my observation here...
I've been a stay at home mom, and I've been a full time employee along with being a mom....
quite frankly, when I finally got in a position where I could work and had that job...
it was a vacation!!!
the toughest job I've ever done was staying at home and raising three boys!!!

that being said....
I think some people should not being judging those who are less fortunate than them, who need a job, and are finding them lacking. .......
ya know, creation sometimes has a tendency to plop your arse into a similar situation, just so you can find the understanding and know just how foolish you were!!!

just saying.....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think you guys miss what me and justagyrl were saying. We are not bashing people for not being able to find work. We read something posted by someone that didn't seem to make sense. It seemed like utter lies to be honest. So we are refuting what was said.

For anyone that is having trouble getting work right now, I am sorry you are in that situation and I wish you the best of luck.

However, it is very easy for someone to spin a story that makes you feel sorry for them, especially if you are in what seems like the same situation. I am very critical with anyone that I engage with, and that's not because I feel, holier than thou, it's because I don't like being lied to or manipulated.

So if that makes me a douchebag than load my up with cleanser and toss me into a smelly fish box.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

What you said is so true. I, too was a stay at home mother for a long time. I would never ever put anybody down because they could not find work, to do so seems so ignorant to me.

I had worked when I needed to (when my significant other was laid off etc.) and now do need to work again (he's out of work 3 weeks now) but even when he was working his boss was paying him less this year than last, while attending school I am also applying for work, and have resumes circulating on the schools' career site as well as monster, yahoo jobs, jobsearch, filled out personally for many companies independantly online as well(numerous times), and I am 30-something and guess what? I can say honestly that I have put at least 100 per week in apps in just this year alone! Not every week mind you because I also attend school so when the workload has been heavy there (and there are times it IS) I have maybe put in about 20 apps in these weeks. Do you want to know how many interviews I have gotten? 2. Yes 2, and no calls for me after that. I might add I am going to school for IT Administrations-networking and I have a 3.0 average, and applied for internships (paid) as per the fact that I cannot waste my time working for no money, I need to have an income. Anyway this is 2 yrs now and no job, so folks you need to stop looking down your nose at people and putting them down. I sincerely hope LIFE knocks you OFF your HIGHHORSE!!!! (not to you aching_knuckles, this is to who you were responding)
edit on 8-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: stupid punctuation

You read 1 page of this thread, because if you read more you would know that I NEVER put anyone down. Before you put your two cents in, read the whole post please.:-))

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You read 1 page of this thread, because if you read more you would know that I NEVER put anyone down. Before you put your two cents in, read the whole post please.:-))

Do I really need to find all the places you were mocking besides page 1? How can you just come on here and lie like that?

Werent you off making dinner, earning that upkeep? Why are you still on the internet arguing?
edit on 8-3-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join