It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

You Call This An Economic Recovery? 44 Million Americans On Food Stamps and 10 Other Reasons Why The

page: 5
31
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
looks like alot of people have given up trying to find a job, and well....
decided to create a job instead...

money.cnn.com...
new business startups at 15 year high....
no, alot of these new businesses are not taking on employees....

it's more of an act of desparation....




posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Livin high on the hog here I get a whole $130 a month in food stamps. Things are tough so tough in fact I'm getting a pellet gun later this week to shoot some squirrls. I have 100's of them running around my neighborhood.

No joke!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 




Well then, as someone WHO DOES NOT WORK, maybe you should just shut your mouth and wait for your nice husband to come home with his fat paycheck and pay the bills!


I'm pretty sure she said she was a stay at home Mom. I know that's hard for people to fathom as being a job but, myself being a male who played the role as 'stay at home dad' for a year for someone else, I can tell you I'd rather be working.

You cannot knock someone for maintaining a household because this woman supports her husband. Even if he works 50 hours a week, her doing things around the house can easily afford him extra hours of spare time.

My average daily chores, cooking, cleaning, laundry = 2 hours, that's 14 hours a week. That doesn't include banking, grocery shopping or housewares shopping. That is a net gain of 4 hours from a standard work-week of 40 hours, if he is working 50 hour weeks.

(albeit she didn't describe everything she does this is pretty common for maintaining a house)

So I don't see how you can say someone like this isn't working, if the dad was single he would have to do all this plus pay for childcare while he was working.


Another nice attempt at deflection by boncho!

So boncho, tell me, how much does a stay at home mom bring home net? Maybe gross would be better?
She is here talking down to other people who dont have jobs WHEN SHE DOESNT HAVE ONE HERSELF. Stay at home mom might be work, but it isnt paid, and therefor is NOT under consideration for this thread.

Or how about this? Since Ameratsu has spent so much time working on just FINDING a job (much more than 14 hours a week), maybe she should be insulting the person who do is only doing 14 hours of work a week!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Aching Knuckles, I hope you don't have a wife and children...if you do I feel deeply sorry for them. You obviously have know idea what a stay at home mom does, you wouldn't last five minutes doing what I do. I have two children 5 and under and I am 9 months pregnant, I am very fortunate to be able to stay home, if I were not you better believe I would be out there busting my @ss doing what I had to do. NOT lurking on ATS trying to get people to feel sorry for me.

I had a paying job through college and and after until my first was almost two years old, so I do know how to work outside the home.

The sad part about all this...there really are a lot of people out there who are finding themselves in situations that they never thought they would be in, times are really hard. As I said in a previous post, SOME people are using these situations as an excuse, don't be mad at me because I called one out. If you go back and read all the posts it doesn't take a genius to figure out that some people just want you to feel sorry for them, give them justification for not taking care of business.

Woe is me, I am broke, I am sick, I don't have a car or place to live, I have applied for thousands of jobs, I am a woman, I am old, my computer doesn't work, I don't have software, nobody likes me...BUT BY THE WAY PLEASE STOP BY AND READ MY BOOKS...that I have had time to write while I have been applying to all these jobs on the internet without a computer but I have been using my friends...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! SHUT UP.

I mean do I need to spoon the crap in your month and let you taste it so you know it is BS??

*Before someone brings this up, I said in a previous post that I am a smoker, which I am. I am also 9 months pregnant and I have stopped smoking for these 9 months, so I do relate to that who has applied for 45000 jobs person about addiction.

P.s. Thanks Boncho!!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For every reason you have for doing something you can find a hundred reasons for not doing it.
What you need to do is get yourself in a place that you are set for the long term. Not there? Find a way, if your reading this you are already ahead of 90% of the planet.
Find out more about Gold and Silver (if you think you might do some trading in that area) at: bestmetalresearch
People will need money traders. Those who have one metal will need another. You can make a living just trading it. People on street corners overseas do that all the time.
example: somebody has an ounce of silver, they need smaller currency. You give them 18 nickels (or whatever) for the Silver. Then you find somebody that needs Silver....etc
bestmetalresearch



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another thing...I have a four year business degree and I do not find working at McDonalds or Walmart below me. But some on here do because they "loath their business model" REALLY?? You don't loath having to depend on an extremely unstable govt.?? As much as you may "LOATH" Walmart I think their business model is far better then the govts. they seem to be making money!!
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Aching Knuckles, I hope you don't have a wife and children...if you do I feel deeply sorry for them. You obviously have know idea what a stay at home mom does, you wouldn't last five minutes doing what I do. I have two children 5 and under and I am 9 months pregnant, I am very fortunate to be able to stay home, if I were not you better believe I would be out there busting my @ss doing what I had to do. NOT lurking on ATS trying to get people to feel sorry for me.

I had a paying job through college and and after until my first was almost two years old, so I do know how to work outside the home.

The sad part about all this...there really are a lot of people out there who are finding themselves in situations that they never thought they would be in, times are really hard. As I said in a previous post, SOME people are using these situations as an excuse, don't be mad at me because I called one out. If you go back and read all the posts it doesn't take a genius to figure out that some people just want you to feel sorry for them, give them justification for not taking care of business.

Woe is me, I am broke, I am sick, I don't have a car or place to live, I have applied for thousands of jobs, I am a woman, I am old, my computer doesn't work, I don't have software, nobody likes me...BUT BY THE WAY PLEASE STOP BY AND READ MY BOOKS...that I have had time to write while I have been applying to all these jobs on the internet without a computer but I have been using my friends...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! SHUT UP.

I mean do I need to spoon the crap in your month and let you taste it so you know it is BS??

*Before someone brings this up, I said in a previous post that I am a smoker, which I am. I am also 9 months pregnant and I have stopped smoking for these 9 months, so I do relate to that who has applied for 45000 jobs person about addiction.

P.s. Thanks Boncho!!


Again, what is your take home pay? How much do YOU personally pay in taxes? Nothing, you sit at home putting out babies and bitching on the internet. Who are you to judge whom times are toughest for? Who are you to call someone out at all? I know mothers that work during their pregnancy, so is it right for them to call you lazy??

I'll quote you:

Originally posted by JustagyrlSHUT UP.



edit on 8-3-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
Another thing...I have a four year business degree and I do not find working at McDonalds or Walmart below me. But some on here do because they "loath their business model" REALLY?? You don't loath having to depend on an extremely unstable govt.?? As much as you may "LOATH" Walmart I think their business model is far better then the govts. they seem to be making money!!
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)


Yes, you are so right. We should outsource our politicians jobs to China, maybe then we will only have to pay our politicians .10 cents an hour like the workers. I bet it will be a lot easier for our country to make money that way.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Here is the way I see it...my husbands income is my income. Without me he would not be able to WORK as hard as he does.

I never said I didn't work because I was pregnant. I said that I was fortunate to be able to stay home with my children. I stayed home before I was pregnant and I will stay home after pregnancy God willing. If a pregnant woman wants or needs to work, more power to her!! The last thing she would call me is lazy, she would probably know that it is just as hard staying at home with two children full of energy as it is going to work.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Here is the way I see it...my husbands income is my income. Without me he would not be able to WORK as hard as he does.


That sounds pretty socialist to me!!
Without you, there would be no kids, and he could work harder and spend less of HIS income on YOUR upkeep.

Basically, you dont have a job that earns income, you dont pay taxes, so therefor you have no horse in this race and should butt out!
edit on 8-3-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Justagyrl
Another thing...I have a four year business degree and I do not find working at McDonalds or Walmart below me. But some on here do because they "loath their business model" REALLY?? You don't loath having to depend on an extremely unstable govt.?? As much as you may "LOATH" Walmart I think their business model is far better then the govts. they seem to be making money!!
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)


Yes, you are so right. We should outsource our politicians jobs to China, maybe then we will only have to pay our politicians .10 cents an hour like the workers. I bet it will be a lot easier for our country to make money that way.


That is your idea not mine.
I was just saying that we are all on this thread discussing the state of the economy and our govt. yet SOME people would rather rely on that govt. to provide them with food, money, etc... so they can write their ebook.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Here is the way I see it...my husbands income is my income. Without me he would not be able to WORK as hard as he does.


That sounds pretty socialist to me!!
Without you, there would be no kids, and he could work harder and spend less of HIS income on YOUR upkeep.


Bahaha!! This really made me laugh!! MAN YOUR A CATCH!!! I bet you have to beat the women away with sticks. I think that he was a very willing participant in making these babies!! My upkeep?? And what upkeep would that be??

You have been hurt...very bad. You hate women. What happened??
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
That is your idea not mine.
I was just saying that we are all on this thread discussing the state of the economy and our govt. yet SOME people would rather rely on that govt. to provide them with food, money, etc... so they can write their ebook.


See, here you go back to your holier than thou attitude. You have NO CLUE what happened to this woman, how much time she spent looking for jobs, if she only slept 4 hours a night so she could write an ebook.....

...but then you insult her, and then you turn around and say " MY LIFE IS SO TOUGH, YOU COULDNT POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I WORK AS A STAY AT HOME MOM!!!" Dont you see the hypocrisy? Im guessing not.

Get a job, or shut up.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   


Bahaha!! This really made me laugh!! MAN YOUR A CATCH!!! I bet you have to beat the women away with sticks. I think that he was a very willing participant in making these babies!! My upkeep?? And what upkeep would that be??

You have been hurt...very bad. You hate women. What happened??
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)


There you go, back to the insults and judging people and guessing what happened.

Your life is paid for. You dont have to work. Your upkeep? How much do YOU pay in rent, for food, the car payment, insurance, etc? NOTHING because YOU DONT WORK!!! How hard is this to understand?



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


I am just going by what she shared with us...and she shared a lot. And I am not saying that my life is so much harder then hers because I am a stay at home mom. I was telling YOU that my job is a lot harder then YOU give it credit for. You can't read. But enough of this...getting BORING!! Why do you hate women so much?? Is it our "upkeep" you can't handle...are we all just like animals on a farm?? Do tell..

edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


I am just going by what she shared with us...and she shared a lot. And I am not saying that my life is so much harder then hers because I am a stay at home mom. I was telling YOU that my job is a lot harder then YOU give it credit for. You can't read. But enough of this...getting BORING!! Why do you have women so much?? Is it our "upkeep" you can't handle...are we all just like animals on a farm?? Do tell..


Please show me where I said I hate women. Now you are just attacking fallacies because I am destroying you in an argument. Cant use your wits? Deflect and insult! I guess you took lessons from Boncho!



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Okay, seriously I am not judging. I honestly want to know your story...
Am I wrong??



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


I am just going by what she shared with us...and she shared a lot. And I am not saying that my life is so much harder then hers because I am a stay at home mom. I was telling YOU that my job is a lot harder then YOU give it credit for. You can't read. But enough of this...getting BORING!! Why do you have women so much?? Is it our "upkeep" you can't handle...are we all just like animals on a farm?? Do tell..


Please show me where I said I hate women. Now you are just attacking fallacies because I am destroying you in an argument. Cant use your wits? Deflect and insult! I guess you took lessons from Boncho!


Woah, woah...

That is just uncalled for



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Well hmmm... you implied that a stay at home does nothing but set on her @ss and then you referred to my/our (a woman's) upkeep. Kind of sent off red flags.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl
reply to post by aching_knuckles
 


Okay, seriously I am not judging. I honestly want to know your story...
Am I wrong??


Youre not judging? Every post you have made in this thread has been judging someone else!! Judge not, lest ye be judged, right?

But youre a good Christian I bet.



new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join