It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Call This An Economic Recovery? 44 Million Americans On Food Stamps and 10 Other Reasons Why The

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Justagyrl

It depends I mean yeah some money is better than none, but you also gotta make the bills right?
What good would $100 a week be if her mortgage or rent whatever is $600 a month and that doesn't include food, utilities, etc.
I went and signed up for one company and it was free. I am not finished the process mind you, because I still have about 3 days left of schoolwork, then I will complete the entire process.
This is the website in case she wants to check it out, as well:
Elance Find Jobs

I got this off the search engine www.dogpile.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Justagyrl

Nope, I didn't cook...obviously I got side tracked by your stupidity.

Oh noes, I am a stupid poo poo face!!

I would think that you getting gang jobbed on this thread would show you who exactly was acting stupid, but I see you "dont get it", and probbaly never will.

have a nice life up on that horse, i hope you never fall off.

Actually, you are the one 'on a horse', because you think it is wrong for someone to have pride in what they do and you think it is wrong for them to think critically. If justagyrl were to believe every story she heard, I assume that would leave her open to manipulation.

So, the fact that you wish ill will upon here, for criticizing a story that didn't make sense to her just means you think you are smarter than she is. You disregard any of her positive views, as have the others in this thread, one even calling her Father a loser.

If people can't help themselves there is no way to help them, and if this is just a place for a pity party circle jerk than so be it. But I never saw you try to offer any solutions to anyone's problems in this thread so it just goes to show people would rather complain than think of ways to fix things.
edit on 8-3-2011 by boncho because: typo

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Do you read through the crap you post or just cut and paste? Is ebay an all out scam?

Like I said, it is a MARKETPLACE, meaning a place to go and answer job ads. Are there scammers on the site? YES. Just as there are scammers on ebay, in the newspaper and on craigslist.

I am not advocating, blindly answering any ad and offering your services. I am offering suggestions of a place to do freelance work. It is not different than saying go look on ebay to buy or sell something, ebay is riddled with fake items and scammers too.

But she said she is in desperate situation, so that is an option. She doesn't want to use it fine, she didn't say that, she said she didn't have a program to work with, a program that is available free online.

Or did you miss something?

Boncho, why are you still here taunting out of work americans?

you are a canadian citizen.
you yourself do not work.

why are you still here arguing? times are tough. its not easy to find a job, not even at elance (where you will be underbod by russians or indians).

You think you heard a sob story, so you are here to insult the person you think is providing said sob story....you did so.

so, mission accomplished. why are you still here arguing?

Care to answer?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Maybe it's because people are badmouthing stay-at-home-moms in this thread and I think it is pretty ignorant.

But the person who changed their story a few times, they would never lie.

I actually don't know why you are still here, justagyrl is posting, I am posting cause I support her, but the person who this debate is because of, left the thread ages ago.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One of the things you need to check about writing sites that pay, like Helium, is what you are giving up.

I had an account there but quit writing as soon as I read the T&C thoroughly. It turned out that they own all the rights to whatever you post, or its subsequent incarnations. So if you wrote a book that contained a substantial part of what you posted on Helium, they own it, not you.

So beware of traps especially in writing....everyone wants you to give them your thoughts for appluase so they can sell them for cash.

The vast majority of internet jobs are scams, so much so that I wouldn't waste time or energy on ahy of them.....the payoff is too lean to make it worth the bother, no matter how desperate you are.

Recycling cans is a more profitable payoff.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You guys could start selling drugs, that's what my dad use to do before he became an electrician.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I had an account there but quit writing as soon as I read the T&C thoroughly. It turned out that they own all the rights to whatever you post, or its subsequent incarnations. So if you wrote a book that contained a substantial part of what you posted on Helium, they own it, not you.

Actually, no, not for everything do they take full rights. You can publish certain things through them with under FNAR and also second-time and one-time.

And also, if you are flat broke with no job for five years do you care?

And a book, what book were you planning to write for Helium? And since you signed up but quit during the process because you didn't like them, where did you end up going? Can you let us know so there are more leads for the other person?

Do you have a good place to go for freelance in writing?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So, the fact that you wish ill will upon here, for criticizing a story that didn't make sense to her just means you think you are smarter than she is. You disregard any of her positive views, as have the others in this thread, one even calling her Father a loser.

No, she is the one (as well as you!) who cannot grasp that THERE ARE NO JOBS OUT THERE.
As someone else posted, fast food resturants are getting THOUSANDS of applications for a minimum wage job.
There was a manager who posted in this thread that he cant believe how many applications he gets for one opening.
THERE ARE NO JOBS. PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING LAZY, THERE IS NO WORK.
If you cant understand that, then maybe I am smarter than you.

You two consider it "impossible" that someone could be looking for a job for 5 years, or post tens of thousands of resumes.....even when others have come in here and validated that experience, and had similar experiences....
but good ole boncho and justagyrl just know that there are tons of good paying jobs (like ELANCE!!) out there, its just that everyone is so lazy they would rather have $100 in food stamps than to actually work, despite the fact that people are practically BEGGING for employment nowadays.

Hey boncho, when you get out of college and enter the work force (for the first time im sure, because you sound about 20), youll see how it is. And I hope you remember this thread, and I hope someone calls you a shifltless, lazy bum. And justagyrl will never have to work again, because her husband takes care of her, and if they ever divorce, she will get fat alimony.

So, who do I believe, 2 out of work people that are living without working right now, or all the others who are on food stamps and desperately trying to get jobs? I hope you understand why you and justagyrl sound foolish.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The real unemployment numbers are more like 23%

www.shadowstats.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Actually funny story in Forida you can have up to three Marijuana plants for "Household" plants!

And I was thinking of growing it, mind you not to sell as a drug, but it still could make me income off hemp paper, oils, and clothing. And if I legitamitely do this I could eventually get a permilt to grow more plants actually, but the cost of the permit would probably sink me! Lol!

Also if any of you can sing then there's XFactor Usa which is starting their auditions march 27 and they are open for anybody ages 12 to no limit!!!!!! Go to XFACTOR

I know it may be a long shot as well, but my kid is trying out she has got a great voice and we could probably live all five of us off that 5 mil for our entire lives. And yeah poopoo me cause I am behind her for this all the way through, but hey some times all one needs is the exposure. It's not any unrealistic of anything else I seen posted here!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Maybe it's because people are badmouthing stay-at-home-moms in this thread and I think it is pretty ignorant.

No, people are badmouth ONE stay at home mom, who seems to be out of touch with reality. No one is attacking all stay at home moms. In fact, you already tried that obfuscation a couple pages ago...

I guess I should phone my Mother up and call her a deadbeat because when I was a kid she didn't work. She spent ten hours a day around the house doing things for us. Man, what a lazy turd she was....

And I replied to you then that I would only call her a deadbeat if she insulted people who did not work.

So nice try, but again, you fail logically....but im sure youll post some more nonsense anyways.

By the way, isnt it funny how like pretty much everyone on this thread is against you? But Im sure everybody else is wrong, and you are right.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Good grief, don't you understand english?

I didn't bash a working man...I bashed Wal-Mart.

Corporations, in case it's escaped your notice, aren't in business to create jobs, they in the business of reducing them in the name of efficiency so as to provide more profit to those who own them. they are also in the business of stifling competition.

For the slow of intellect (yes, if you suspect it, I'm probably addressing you), this is NOT particularly good for the rest of us.

It means fewer of us can find work.

You bash honest working folk who can't find work in a down economy, but have the nerve to take me to task for a red herring because you can't read and comprehend english?
edit on 8-3-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hey boncho, when you get out of college and enter the work force (for the first time im sure, because you sound about 20), youll see how it is. And I hope you remember this thread, and I hope someone calls you a shifltless, lazy bum. And justagyrl will never have to work again, because her husband takes care of her, and if they ever divorce, she will get fat alimony.

Actually, I've worked for over eight years. I went back to school to boost my education because I want to enter into a different area of employment.

Hence the whole idea that I am not on government assistance even though I chose not to work. As to the age you are way off, as to hoping my life sucks down the road, already been there. And it wasn't this crap that helped me out of it, it was people pushing me to think of new solutions.

So I wish you the best of luck, because as I have said, you haven't offered any ideas on the issues. You have just bashed me and another person for thinking critically. And let me tell you, I've been on the receiving end, it can suck but it can also help you quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

By the way, isnt it funny how like pretty much everyone on this thread is against you? But Im sure everybody else is wrong, and you are right.

They have a term for that, it is called "mob mentality" or "herd behaviour".

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Actually, I've worked for over eight years. I went back to school to boost my education because I want to enter into a different area of employment.

Hence the whole idea that I am not on government assistance even though I chose not to work. As to the age you are way off, as to hoping my life sucks down the road, already been there. And it wasn't this crap that helped me out of it, it was people pushing me to think of new solutions.

So I wish you the best of luck, because as I have said, you haven't offered any ideas on the issues. You have just bashed me and another person for thinking critically. And let me tell you, I've been on the receiving end, it can suck but it can also help you quite a bit.

OMG over EIGHT years!!! You poor slave! Well no wonder you know it all about the big bad business world, youve worked 8 years!!

/facepalm

You dont know crap about about crap. You are definitely not over 30.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Okay so lets do something about the person that is out of work then. Lets think up a creative way for her to find a job. A man traded a paperclip for a house, so there has to be something all of us can think of.

Do you have any suggestions on where to start?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

They have a term for that, it is called "mob mentality" or "herd behaviour".

Hahah I knew it! "Im right and everybody else is wrong, no matter what facts happen to appear! They are just a mob!!"

/double facepalm

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hence the whole idea that I am not on government assistance even though I chose not to work. As to the age you are way off, as to hoping my life sucks down the road, already been there..

Now I know I said I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but you caouldn't have possibly?
Ok maybe you have been there, but IMO and I don't mean this as an insult, but you apparently did not learn your lesson that you were meant to learn from that experience. If you did you would be more understanding. I have been there and I have been on food stamps and even (GASP) cash assistance because of some bad things happening, I won't go into that, but it has made me more understanding for others' hardships. I used to think a lot differently and beleive me it took me getting knocked down 2 more times after the intitial one, because I too, was stubborn. I beleive you will encounter more hardships in the future just going by the fact that you didn't learn the important things. And no it is not survival that you need to learn that much is obvious, it was compassion you were to learn.

Also I don't think she had ever changed her story. All I saw was adding more information. Giving more details. And I have been reading this thread since it was posted.
edit on 8-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

OMG over EIGHT years!!! You poor slave! Well no wonder you know it all about the big bad business world, youve worked 8 years!!

/facepalm

You dont know crap about about crap. You are definitely not over 30.

How do you know anything about my work experience? You don't know what field I was in, what position I was in or my performance at my company. It seems hard to make a judgement without those facts.

Are you somehow better than me because you have worked longer?
Does this experience tell you that it is easier or harder for me or you to find a job?
What insights do you have in the job market?
What insights do you have at maintaining gainful employment?
What is it during your additional years in the jobplace that have taught you so much?

Since I know nothing about nothing, can you enlighten me?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Okay so lets do something about the person that is out of work then. Lets think up a creative way for her to find a job. A man traded a paperclip for a house, so there has to be something all of us can think of.

Do you have any suggestions on where to start?

I dont know. I dont have any solutions, BECAUSE THERE ARENT ANY JOBS OUT THERE. What part of this cant you understand?

If the job market is so great and easy to find a job, why are you back in school?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join