It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaped death lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Holy Crap , that doctor knew it wasnt your time, not on his shift anyway ! Awesome form budda , thats really cool
What a great cheat !

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Yeah ,This is amazing , just awesome to know how many people escaped such a terrible fate of Death ,

I understand your point, but, let's not forget, there is nothing more natural in life, than death.
It's a passage.
Now, a painful traumatic passage isn't something any of us look forward to, but, the act of 'death' itself? I don't think we should fear it.

Beyond that, I really enjoy this next part of your post. Very poetic and true and touchingly poignant.

They say Games are won in inches , somehow i think Life is won in inches too...

Very, very nice.

peace

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Honestly , thats right up there
Well , your still alive to tell your storys too

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Agree, the euphoria that knowing you escaped something natural like death , somehow feels supernatural , escaping cancer or something like that would be great too, alas , the ones who are passed on are missed dearly

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

If only half the people who are dead were as lucky as you , but aye' , keep truckin my man,didnt mean to get ya on a downer ,

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If it had not been for the expertise of an amazing surgeon and excellent doctors, my Brain tumour would have killed me 10 years ago and again when it came back in 2007. But, Im still here against all the odds and healthier than ever. I think a brush with death and coming face to face with your own mortality, instantly changes your perspective on life, well it did for me.

Interesting thread, some really good replies

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yeah Reprieve sounds nice too, Of course i agree we all die one day , also some see death as an exit out of this world , I thank you for your input my friend

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Nice
Now thats a what if moment

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Sorry for your pain , hope it healed good , and i hope you were recompensed well

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well Good for u Sir ! Glad to meet you , Pure Class

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Hmmm , brilliant reply, would this be a purge , as in the making of something ? like fine brass or gold ?
Or did you mean by our own demise did we face a death scare ?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Wow ,yours was broadcasted ! Thats a whole notha level , !

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yes, last September in fact. I was going through a really painful and stressful time in my life, which caused chest pains that I went to the emergency room for. I left there with 20 2mg Xanax and 20 Vicodin. I proceeded to take all of them and wash them down with a bottle of wine. I came to on my kitchen floor with a nasty bump on my head that caused a bald spot over the next month. For a couple weeks I was so out of it, I thought I may have died and WAS in purgatory. Now I know I was insanely lucky. I shouldn't be alive, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

i was the top story that day!!!!!! (slow day)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
4 days ago.. was changinging a lightbulb in the laundry... my brain must not have been switched on this day.. unlike the light... stupidly i was bare foot + had one foot on the washing machine which was halfway through a cycle.. and the other foot on the metal basin... i unscrew the bulb + what i can only discribe as a high pressure hose of electricity being turned on inside my arm.. as it shot up to my shoulder the bulb snaped breaking the current.. my doctor is freaking out at the fact that a fraction of a second more + i wouldnt be here today..

had a ecg and all is good.. but i have muscle + tissue damage in my arm

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Honestly, I didn't feel any different until my son escaped death. I had not known how much I could love someone until I almost lost him.

It was one of the most breath-taking beautiful agonizing moments I have ever had. And I've never been the same. I finally know what love truely is. I can let go and take each second in and cherish it.

It's amazing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
When I was a little tike my parents drilled into my head that the first thing you do when you get into a car is put on your seatbelt.. I mean literally they FORCED me to put my seatbelt on before they would drive anywhere or even start the car. I guess now I do it without even thinking and in '06 my father and I were in a car accident where if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt I would have gone straight through the windshield.. Maybe not as spectacular a story (no luck involved
) but probably the closest I've been..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Elphineas

Nice , looking at your avatar , you wernt trying to kill your son were you ?????????
Jokes ...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Okay. First, that was a bit much. Seriously.

Second, and this is slightly off-topic, please tell me you know where that's from. Farscape? That's just disappointing.

<< 1   >>

join