It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Airstrike Against Fallujah Fighting Possitions Kills 14 AQ Linked Foreign Fighters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
After Iraqi interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi authorized the operation, the U.S. sent airstrikes against fighting possitions in Fallujah. The U.S. military stated they had destroyed trench lines and fighting possitions.

U.S. Airstrike Kills 14 in Fallujah
Fallujah Mayor Mahmoud Ibrahim al-Jirisi said the attack hit a site for civilians supporting the Fallujah Brigade, a militia of local residents that took responsibility for security in the city when the Marines left.

"There are no Arabs or foreigners with them," he told the pan-Arab television station Al-Jazeera.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The attack started at 2 a.m on Sunday, there were three injured as well as 14 confirmed kills.

No other news media has yet reported this. More information will be posted as it becomes available.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Nothing against your news
heh, don't get it wrong.

But I wonder how military/newspapers(the source) can be sure it was local militia with links to Al-Quaida?
Ok, I could understand that they know it is militia but killing 14 people via an airstrike, knowing they were all linked to AQ, woah! - in times where we have reports that western intelligences have no real clue at all about everything in the arab world, that's quite the 8 world wonder

Or it just sounds better to have some AQ guys rather than some stupid militia

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe these air strikes are a direct copy of what the Isreals used against the terrorist in Palestine. I don't no wether this is successful approach or not. Time will tell.

new topics

join