It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would a time machine need to work?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I bought a flux capicator on EBAY but I couldn't get it to work,kept giving me a deloren is too old error message.So I read up on time travel a bit and I tried hooking a duframis to a torquecadusal valve with some 24 guage gabler cables .I then quantum welded the apparatus to the hollow earths suns gravitational field and linked the whole thing to a titanium weldment.Now it seems to work.So now it's forward into the past. See you in the future.
edit on 3/6/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I reckon one thing you would need is a clock, to tell what time it is!
And an umbrella cause all cool time machines have an Umbrella.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
I like that movie. But I'm looking for the real time machine.Did anyone experience a 503 server error on A.T.S. tonight?

edit on 6-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

yeah, i also noticed 503 server error, do you have any explanation for that?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
couple of real good sources on the internet that are along the same as John Titor:
1. Al Beileik's CD has the interviews, the places that they time travelled and how the Delta-T antenna works..
Al Beilek - get the CD or download via other means

2. Steven Gibbs. He has travelled 1000s of times. He will send you the HyperDimensional Resonator and how to make it yourself. I ordered it. Just haven't had time to work on it yet.

good luck.

These guys must be super rich with all the time-travelling they are doing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hypersonic02

some dude must have tripped on a server wire or something at A.T.S. H.Q.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ah what do we need?
first a "theory of time" . if it exists; What is it ?
"Titor "was nice story on the the internet....
The "Terminator"( I.II.and III) was a nice time travel story on the cinema screen...
edit on 6-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I need a part that can make a time machine work. People always talk about what the power requirements are for a time machine. But in my opinion the power could be anything from a lithium ion battery to a nuclear core. It all depend on what you got under the hood more so than what is in the gas tank.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Heres a link that gives you the theory behind it all-Time Travel

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You need a miniturised Hadron collider.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

probably...But you need the colider to be big enough to a certain extent to get the particles traveling at the speed of light. That's why C.E.R.N. has a huge Hadon collider. A small one just wouldn't get the job done.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The bending of timespace occurs all the time in nature.

Space is always being stretched and compressed, so is time.

For an example, read up on synchrotron radiation and how it is achieved. Basically, a (very) local distortion of spacetime allows us to achieve output frequencies higher than we can achieve with other types of oscillators.

Time travel could be thought of as an extension of this principle where we come close to extreme physical phenomena (like high gravitation) and our timeframe is altered with respect to the surrounding universe.

Note that time travel like this would not neccesarily mean reversing of events, like a film being run backwards. Things like the diffusion of gasses would contine to disperse even when the time element in physics equations is made inverse.

Or perhaps you mean perceptual time?

The familiar feeling of de-ja-vu is an exapmple of a disynchronisation of signals in our brain making us think we have done that before but really one computational task is finished out of order ahead of the others and gives us the feeling that we anticipated an event.

Some drugs and head trauma can also alter our perception of the flow of time.
edit on 6/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

As the years go by everything is getting miniturised why not the collider?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

for travelling forward it needs to move 99% the speed of light
for traveling backwords a two way wormhole generator

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
the first thing you need for time traveling

is a working knowledge of what TIME is

i suspect that a lot of these things that require gigavolts of energy, or ripping holes in space time could be acomplished more easily by changing paradigms

as this respected doctor proposes:

nope, no good, i don't know how to get the scroll bars.

so the pic with the secret of time travel will have to be put in my dropbox public folder

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This thread got me interested in reading up on John Titor which apparently is on it's surface a well crafted hoax story that falls apart after close examination..

Many predictions he made ended up being incorrect, his story was inconsistent... he claimed he was home schooled in one posting and in another he claimed he went to the university of florida.. he claims to have arrived in 2000 but there's postings and fax's sent from him to Art Bell back in 1998.. he claimed there would be no olympics after 2004 but that is clearly not true either.. incorrect predictions I can forgive because he tried to cover himself on that by saying things could be different in this "worldline" .. fudging his own education up in various tellings of his story is a bit less forgiveable ( a bit careless ) .. he also claimed about the IBM 5100 that it's hidden technology would not be discovered until 2036 but this hidden functionality was known about and in publications before John arrived on the scene.. so his story is full of holes.. Ultimately there's no evidence that anything John claimed is true..

There's also some evidence to suggest that John Titor is actually a man named John Rick Haber who's a computer expert and brother of Larry Haber who owns all commercial rights to anything John Titor..

So his time travel story to me is nonesense .. it really seems most likely to be just the words of an educated guy with either time on his hands or that he was just working with his brother to profit off of a creative story .. ( heck, you can buy merchandise )

Also worth noting.. the John Titor story strongly resembles a novel called "Alas, Babylon" written in 1959

Edit: I wasted my time reading up .. since obviously ATS threads cover all this
so disregard really..

edit on 6-3-2011 by miniatus because: fixing a typo

edit on 6-3-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
All you gotta do,

Is get a free-range chicken. It doesn't matter how you get it, buy it or hunt it down with a knife. All that matters is that you treat the animal with respect.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

John said he was home schooled but went to the university of Florida
He could have meant that he finished high school while being home schooled then went to college in Florida after.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

He could have meant a lot of things.. either way I still think he's fake.. maybe this will help

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I understand the point you are trying to make miniatus. I am starting to think there is a good chance he was a hoax. But that's one of the main reasons I am a member of A.T.S. I study the unexplained and the paranormal. I try to see if i can pick apart a report and debunk it or maybe even prove it if it has enough supporting evidence. Or I just have fun talking about a post. I guess you can say i have an X-Files agent Mulder style ego when I talk about thing like that on A.T.S. I try to keep an open mind about this stuff. All opinions and evidence are good to think about.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Here is an interactive tutorial with all you need to know on How to build a time machine.

Make sure you have sound on.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join