It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat vs. republican issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am starting to get tired of this democrat vs. republican trend with the U.S. I am proud to be an American,but I dont want to fight with another one just because of different political views. My point is stop complaining just because you cant have your way all the time. Don't go to war because you want to,go to war because you half to. Don't just give up on gasoline because you are democrat or with the green party.give it up because its bad for the environment. There so much fascism with these political party's that it looks like its turning into a religion or something. I just want to say to keep what you know is right separate from what you "think" is right in politics. This is one of the reasons that the U.S.A is not as number 1 as it should be with science, education, infrastructure, and the justice system.yea people should compromise in politics, but we need to look at what the united states needs to do not what we want to do. I am a little new to politics so forgive me if i sound ignorant or offensive in some way in this thread.

edit on 5-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You need to use paragraphs.

I tried to read it but couldn't.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It was supposed to be just one paragraph but i guess i maid it to long.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

It's always the other parties fault.

Most people fail to realize its a coordinated effort of all parties turning our government into a joke.

Its not right vs. left.

It's capitalist vs. capitalist.

It just depends on what corporation your side is in agreement with, on how they vote.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

I guess that's true but, my point was we need to be right.Not right winged or left winged. We need to be part one big political bird that shares the same body. Remember this fact:a bird cannot fly well or most of the time not at all with only one wing.Oh and cool profile pick DIDtm! Like that movie.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Oh, I definitely agree. We need to be right...not right winged/left winged.

Unfortunately it seems we are too far past that. Even the newly elected representatives that ran for office on strong principles are overtaken rather quickly with greed and back door lobbying.

The first step to clean up our government is to outlaw any kind of lobbying and all ear marks.
If anyone is on any corporations board or has strong ties, they need to resign (for the good the of US) from their positions on said corp. or resign from position elected/appointed in the government.

There should be NO outside influence what-so-ever in lawmakers decisions. In any government role, for that matter.

EDIT: thanks for the compliment on the pic. I wish I knew how to center it though.

edit on 6-3-2011 by DIDtm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

yea DIDtm. I believe in a civilization like America and the fact that it needs to put aside their political differences and move on with technological advancements stability and infrastructure. America is ranked at a D- in infrastructure. As for your profile photo, you could try photos Shopping it and reloading the image as a new one so it can be centered or something like that. Photo shop should have tools that can help with that. But it kind of looks cool that way tho.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
democrats
republicans

'A plague on both your houses'
~Mercutio

new topics

top topics

join