It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Paranormal? Need some input

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm not a newbie when it comes to the paranormal. My family has been "plagued" by the unexplained for at least five generations back. When we talk about ghosts, spirits, the unexplained it's like we're talking about the weather. It's just that normal for us.

I'd like to write about some of our experiences, but it's typed up on my Psion netBook so I'll have to add it to the thread in a couple of days time after some editing. It's a very long list of stories, too much for me to write here.

Anyways, I'm an avid paranormal investigator. Or at least I was. Over the past few years, I've pretty much stopped because of all the things going on in our daily lives. I know limit myself to episodes of Ghost Adventures and the like. For a while, it was quiet. But over the past week, that trend has changed.

It all seems to have started with some horrible nightmares. I've never had any as bad as this before, although my uncle and younger sister have been plagued by night terrors. A few nights ago, I had a nightmare that still resonates with me, a nightmare I look back on and think, "Wow". In my dream, I was in a dark area. I couldn't see any walls or anything else around me. Just the immediate ground beneath me. There was a light above me. I'm standing there, wondering where I am and what's going on. When all of a sudden a person walks up to me. I couldn't make out who it was, and I got the feeling that this was a person who had both sexes.

That's when it started yelling, I mean screaming at the top of it's lungs at me saying, "Your god has forsaken you!" and, "You will worship me now!" and a lot of similar things. I instantly got the feeling that it was evil, maybe even the devil. I'm not an overly religious man and haven't been to church in years, but this dream has made me rethink it.

Well, it continues verbally abusing me. I end up on the floor in a fetal position as it verbally assaults me. I'm so freaked out, that I start to pray (something again I haven't done in a long time), it's the Lords prayer which I repeat over and over again with my eyes closed. Eventually, I wake up shaken.

Then two or three nights ago, I have another strange dream. Not as bad as the first one, but enough to leave me a bit nervous when I finally wake up. In this dream, I'm in the United States (I'm currently in Europe) in a grocery store. (Piggly Wiggly?) I'm there with my grandmother and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who, but I get the feeling they're family. We go shopping, it feels good to be back in the U.S. and I pick up a box of Fruit Loops. That's when a bag falls out from behind it. The bag has something in it, don't know what. I open it up and out comes flying colors which nearly blind me. I look over at my grandmother when the lights in the supermarket go off.

"Oh great" I thought. A few seconds fumbling about, the lights finally come on. At the other end of the isle, there's a freezer disk. I see an employee running along side it. What follows after him made me very anxious. A very tall "thing" with abnormally long arms with what appeared to be elongated claws protruded from them. It was running after the employee.

My grandmother and I are shaken up at this point, we then run to the book/greeting card section where other people have huddled together. For some reason, leaving the store didn't occur to us. We feel (or know?) the thing is coming towards us. This is the point when I start saying the Lords prayer. I forget the couple of ending sentences when a lady beside me picks up where I left off.

Next thing I know, everything is OK again.

But what's strange, is that after these two dreams things have started to act up at home. Our pets have been acting strange, our cat who's usually awake and playful has become lethargic. Our dog whimpered today for no reason and relieved itself on the ground. Something she's not done since she was a puppy. (She's six now.) Come Monday, we'll be taking both pets to the vet's to get them examined for potential problems.

Then a day ago, my younger brother (13) claims to have seen someone looking at him through the living room window. As we live in a second story apartment, this is impossible unless someone climbed up to our balcony. Then today, he saw a sturdy candle holder on our living room table rock back and fourth. He was sitting by the PC which is roughly eight feet away. He heard it first and then turned around.

He usually doesn't care much for ghost stories or anything paranormal related. But this got him shaken up.

Tonight, I have a strange feeling that something isn't right. In fact I'm having a hard time sleeping. It's now 5:30am here.

These aren't the only things that's happened here, but they are the most recent. I'd love to get some thoughts and opinions from the ATS paranormal community on the matter. I have my own theories and will post them in the morning. Thanks for taking a look and goodnight.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Its called paranoia.

Take a shot and read a dull book and you will be fine.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
yea these things, the dog taking a crap, a candle rocking back and forth, the feeling that someone is watching you, all have logical explanations.

i doubt fighting one imaginary being with another will help... just watch spongebob or something

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
if you've been investigating id say something has followed you. we both know what it is. stop all research, fast & pray until u feel closer to God & your sins are cleansed. I think you are saved because the other person in the grocery store who picked up your prayer is helping you. if you are saved, an evil spirit cannot inhabit a vessel that houses The Holy Spirit. Once it realizes it can't affect your faith, it will go find someone else to torture. I've been through this. STOP investigating!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When you poke around in things they often turn around to check you out too. It's like opening a door so anything can enter. Your home should be your sanctuary, so get to work and make it so.

In the dark with a light over you... that's the area near what's poorly called the Veil.. it's dark there and the Light is actually coming from you. All sorts of things live in there, they are curious about the Light and take forms that will scare the breakfast right out of you. My first time there in the mid 70's, I saw lots of things approach.. and Felt them approaching so I focused on my feet and walked until I found the Veil and went through it... about the only thing to be scared of is Your Thoughts at the time.. because you will call them to you.

In your ordinary dreams, like everyone else, you meet various parts of Yourself dressed and looking like other people or things. So the idea is to take note of the character and Feel of it to know about it.. and then look for that part in yourself to fix it.

In your extra dreams, you know the ones when everything is real, light is real, things are solid and vivid and you are very much present.. well you know they foretell things either from your or other person's perspective.. so file the Feel of it away for when the time comes to recognise it and take your action.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Tayesin because: Dyslexia

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
Its called paranoia.

Right, since I'm not the only person who's been experiencing things.

Originally posted by vjr1113
yea these things, the dog taking a crap, a candle rocking back and forth, the feeling that someone is watching you, all have logical explanations.

And when did I say I had a feeling of being watched? I'm going to chalk both of your arguments up to just mindless nay saying. Thanks for playing though.

Originally posted by pintobean
...STOP investigating!

Thanks for your post Pinto, the thing is I haven't investigated since 2009/20010 sometime. Everything has been quiet up til a few days ago.

Originally posted by Tayesin
...about the only thing to be scared of is Your Thoughts at the time.. because you will call them to you.

Scary, I'm in a bad place right now because of my not so nice ex and her abuse towards my child. I have a feeling that they've finally picked up on this and are having a go at my negative energy. Problem is, I can't fix it at the moment. However I will try to rid myself with as much negative things in my life to lessen the negativity.

Thank you for a very interesting post Tayesin, you too Pinto.

A further note to potential posters: I absolutely do not mind skeptics having their say. In fact I welcome them. I just don't appreciate mindless comments which doesn't do anyone good except for bringing up your post count. I first take a look at the rational. Once I've gone through all of that, I take a look at what I can't easily explain away.

I'm a skeptic first, believer second. I personally believe this is the only way to approach anything be it normal, day to day stuff and the paranormal.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Scary, I'm in a bad place right now because of my not so nice ex and her abuse towards my child. I have a feeling that they've finally picked up on this and are having a go at my negative energy. Problem is, I can't fix it at the moment. However I will try to rid myself with as much negative things in my life to lessen the negativity.

You can fix it right now.. it's easy. When you FEEL a presence or their thought in your head.. you know what I'm talking about.. simply use the mirror method... Mirror Method

Even when we feel drained we do have a massive well of energy inside of us that we don't use.. and you can top that energy up by using the white light method... White Light Method

And, you can use that white light energy to cleanse your house, cleanse your energy centres, and protect the boundary of the property you live in. Do it regularly and all will be fine.

And.. you can set out rules to other beings. Rules like, "When I'm at Home it is My time and I am not to be disturbed". Do this each time you cleanse the house and protect it.

You have the Power, even when others are draining you, like your Ex is now. During a quite moment.. in the shower or on the Loo (if you have kids at home) you can "scan" your body for the Ex's energy... it will stand out as different... so cut the energy line from it to her.. and then "imagine" removing and using Light to heal where the energy "hook" was.

There is never a reason to Feel disempowered spiritually... you can fix it yourself with a little Focus and Practice.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Tayesin has some good strong advise. I have been investigating for about 7 years now. 300+ investigations. One ofthe things I have always done is Mental and Spiritual protection at the begining of an investigation. At the end of an investigation we always do a "close off". Just to let who ever we have contacted know that the communication is over, and they are not allowed to affect our lives in any way. It is way to easy to go home and have something come with you. Even with our close off, sometimes we will get someone following us home. We also will get the occasionial "Free Roamer" who will drop in. I have used The Whte Light to run those ones off. We have also used the White Light to get some Entities to cross over to the light. Have Faith and empower yourself and those around you. You have the power to stop these events have Faith. Be Well.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have bad dreams too, and a lot of animals nowadays
. But what I do know is this, if you are inside other people's dream, wake up immediately, because it's dangerous. They can change their dreams and if you are inside their dream, they can change you, so beware. If you were inside that lady's dream you were very lucky. And when I am scared, I use prayer too, it seems to help. Especially after nightmares

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Anyone who has opened their eyes and experienced the Mysteries of this world "pings" a certain amount to energetic beings. They know you know, so they're willing to come poking around for whatever reasons.

In addition to Tayesin's suggestions, you might wish to find a method of protecting your whole home, such as making an amulet, babylonian devil trap, or some other kind of occultish security system/forcefield setup. All you absolutely need is the ability to focus your intentions accurately while making the object or creating your energetic barbed wire fence, in order to program it. You can improvise your own methods, or there are many established formulae to draw from.

If your family has had an ongoing relationship with this kinda stuff, one of your family elders may have tips if you draw a blank on it, and there are always books and Google if that fails. A major don't... don't use any method that doesn't ring true to you, because doubts or incredulity about the source of your info can terminally eff up your operation.

I have my own "security system" in my house, and, without saying too much about it, it does keep out nasties, both material and otherwise, and I'd rank my skill level at the time I completed it as intermediate beginner, so... not too difficult to make something that works.

Based on what you posted, I think you probably have only one residing entity messing with your stuff. But one can plant the seed of "hey come squat here" to other similar beings and wanderers, and you could find yourself in a much more crowded house where everything is really weird all the time. A situation like that happened in a house I lived in when I was a child... things were weird and bad, pipes filled up with mutilated toys, the dog gnawed off half her fur, there was a plague of frogs, and my mom nearly lost her mind. So, nip it in the bud, eh? You don't want that stuff jumping off in your vicinity.

new topics

top topics

join