It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X: What type of lens flare is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm currently having a debate with someone regarding another planet x video. Quick summary before the YT clip...

When recording the sun off a reflection in a pool, a lens flare appears beside it. However, this particular lens flare doesn't move around with the camera as usual. There are other flares in the video behaving normally though.

This has convinced someone that it must be the infamous planet x. Upon closer examination of the clip, at 38 seconds in, we can see the reflection pass directly into another reflection (underneath) of a water hose dangling over the edge of the pool. Obviously it must be a flare of some type seeing X reflection would have been obscured by the hose.

So what kind of flare?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it may have been a solar flare
There was a really big one yesterday
Here is the link sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Solar flare? For real? This is clearly away from the sun, not attached to it. I don't know what we are seeing here for sure, I think I will experiment using the same technique of a water reflection to see if I see anything too.
When looking directly at the sun, the glare covers what could be there, but reflecting off the water, the solar glare is smaller ...interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for that, but how does it explain my stance on the reflection passing underneath. This should be impossible right?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yummy Freelunch posted this already, here.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Also on March 4th there was some type of Solar partial excipse that NASA said there shouldn't have been..See Link:www.youtube.com...

You can see some big object or another partially cover the sun...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I thought that it was suppose to be between Jupiter and Mars? Am i right, just the approch is being covered up by the sun? So many planet X and nibiru rumors its hard to get them all straight. What other ways can you guys think of to see this?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If you are the Northern Hemisphere it is probably the Moon. And if you had a better shot there are three other planets hanging around the sun these days during the day. The picture I have it is a little of but I presume if you run the simulator you will see that they line up. I really didn't feel like it when I took the screen cap.

But I would put money on it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e7b86d62a49.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Let me know the exact time and date you took the photo and I will double check.

btw: (did you have to put planet x in the title?)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I'm wondering if it may have been a solar flare
There was a really big one yesterday
Here is the link sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Really? A spherical solar flare - something we have never seen before? In fact, I don't think solar flares can be seen at all. Not with simple cameras here on earth, at any rate.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Forget that, it was explained here.. I didn't realise this thread was already covered.
edit on 5-3-2011 by boncho because: +info fix

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3129667bf762.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's an excellent planetary lineup from Berkeley, CA, USA at a little before 9 am tomorrow morning.

ETA
my pic got cut off but Venus is up to the right in line with Mars
edit on 5-3-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

join