It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EPA's New Form of Land Seizure - EPA Land Grab

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has the unfettered right to declare any piece of land ANYWHERE (under the Clean Water Act) as a "wetlands." At the Obama Environmental Protection Agency's discretion, they can take over your private property, or tell you that you can't build your dream home on the land you bought simply by designating it a "wetland." And so far, you cannot do anything about it without spending far more than you paid for the property you are about to build on. If you choose to fight the federal bureaucracy for their takeover of your land, you --- or any landowner - can be assessed prohibitive penalties to fight the abrogation of your right use your own land.

The most frightening thing about the EPA's over-reach is that they have found a way to exercise eminent domain in a way they never have to buy they land they "seize." In a real twist, in fact, the owners still has to keep up the taxes on the land --- even though they can never use it!

www.cdfe.org...

A hard-working Idaho couple found this out the hard way. Mike and Chantell Sackett own a half-acre lot in a RESIDENTIAL area near Priest Lake in northern Idaho. All they wanted to do was to build a home. Not an ostentatious home. Just their dream home. The lot exists within a built-out area near the Lake. The lot itself has an existing sewer hookup, and is zoned for RESIDENTIAL construction.

The EPA is saying they can't build there
but there are residential homes on both
sides of their property. Figure that one out???

Federal regulators claim they have power to forbid Chantell and Michael Sackett, of Spokane, from building a house on their small parcel in a residential area of Priest Lake – and the Sacketts announced today that they have asked the full Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to rule that they can challenge this federal power play in court.

www.pacificlegal.org...

I did a search and couldn't find this posted
so I posted it in the hopes that my lil contribution
of posting it here might help this couple in their
fight to win their court battle with the EPA.

Their court docket is here:

caselaw.findlaw.com...

I think the EPA is wrong in this case. Unless they
know something I do not. And to fine this couple
$37,500.00 a day is purely crazy non-sense.
They are treating this couple like they were
some major corporation throwing harmful
chemical pollutants in the lake. Just another
confirmation to me that the Gov has overstepped
it's bounds in this case. A prime example
of the Gov [snip]ing on the lil guy.

Ok ATS folks, what say you ???

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The imperial U.S. federal government owns you.

they own you, your family, your children, any intellectual property you may have had in the past, have now, or might have in the future.

they own the right to govern your thoughts.

they own any future profit or earnings you may have, into perpetuity.

they own any property you own now, or may own in the future.

the federal government allowed you to be brought into this world, and they can certainly take you out.

their ownership of you and everything about you is courtesy of liberals, "progressives", democrats and statists/fascists.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah. More Govt control.

Lets make sure they control health care. Oh wait. Crap.

Lets have them control the food. Doh, already done.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

so please tell us
how does this control end ???

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Similar restrictions are popping up in Australia after the fires and floods..
I heard of one guy who owned land in a street that was already full of houses and was not touched by the fires, yet the council have told him his land is in a fire hazard zone and he can not build there..

It's also been mentioned that many areas of the Queensland and Victorian flood sites may be deemed flood plains and therefore no buildings permitted..

Odd bit is, many of these areas were always deemed flood plains but the government was happy to sell the land and give building permits...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All these lands being seized by the federal government under the names of National Forest, National Parks, and now "wetlands", are lands that will be used as collateral by the feds which, when we default on our debt and lose the dollar, will be handed over to the globalists for payment.

Check out the land owned by the Feds:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bad7fc7a0414.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53be38816b2e.jpg[/atsimg]

You know what is located underneath this land? Yep. Vast amounts of America's natural resources such as oil, natural gas, timber, minerals, etc...

Just my opinion.
edit on 3/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The most frightening thing about the EPA's over-reach is that they have found a way to exercise eminent domain in a way they never have to buy they land they "seize." In a real twist, in fact, the owners still has to keep up the taxes on the land --- even though they can never use it!

That's a real crazy part too - where I am in Saskatchewan they have owners designate certain areas of their property as protected (our choice), and give us a tax break for doing it. Any subsequent owner also can never use that land for farming, or building, but its part of the parcel, and you keep it natural, and pay less taxes because of it. My neighbour has acres he's done that with, and it gives him a permanent woodlot and wildlife preserve. He is allowed to use the wood.

I have a strip of land, that has a creek running through, that's protected. When anything goes wrong, like beavers damming it up, the rural department comes along and fixes the problem for me.

The opposite of what they're doing down there. They (TPTB in the USA) seem to work really hard at alienating the people that supposedly vote them in. :shk:

Those people that cannot build their home on the lot in question, any easements should be on the title that they hold to the property. I would think that it would state nothing permanent could be built there, if that's the case. If there is nothing like that on the title/deed, WTF?

But the Sacketts are being denied their day in court. In September, a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit ruled that the Sacketts can’t get judicial review of the EPA’s assertion of power over them unless they first go through the long and expensive – and ultimately futile – process of formally applying for a federal wetlands permit. That process could take years and cost $200,000 or more.

What in the world is happening to the laws down there? You guys don't have any rights anymore. Legal is legal. What they're doing to the people is just wrong. The USA laws and government and bureaucracy has gone completely insane!
edit on 5-3-2011 by snowspirit because: to rant more, its insanity!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

so please tell us

it does not end. ever.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

so please tell us

You know how this BS can stop? Tell them that if they try to take your property away from you, then you will defend it and your rights "to the death", and don't just say it, mean it, and let them see in your eyes that you mean it.

All this wishy washy poo pooing politically correct crap has trained people to be docile obedient servants to their masters, while at the same time they sing songs and anthems about how free we all are, LMAO!

Hey EPA, come try taking my house away from me for your BS make believe justifications and see what happens. No sodium fluoride heads in my town, come around here bringing your tyranny and you will be greeted with cold steel.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

so please tell us

Here I go again...

Let's take it over. End entropy and join the Ethical Planetarian Party. See links in my sig.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
these are friends of my father, i will try to get more info.
this was back in 1999 if i remember right.

fl.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.as px/xq/fac.%2FFDCT%2FNFL%2F1993%2F19930331_0000001.NFL.htm/qx

this is only about 8 miles from my house in fl.
they got 21 months.in fed prison.
i'll try to get more info.
here a article from wnd i googled this all started back in the late 80's and they went to prison in 99

www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=5415
edit on 5-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

/www.stoptheftaa.org/artman/publish/article_93.shtml

In 1989, Ocie Mills and his son Carey went to prison for placing 19 loads of sand and cleaning out a 300-foot drainage ditch on their own Florida property. Ocie Mills had wanted to build a house for his son near the ditch and needed the fill to solve already-existing drainage problems. He was told by Florida environmental officials that he did not need a permit. Indeed, he received a letter from Florida Department of Environmental Regulation Assistant General Counsel E. Gary Early, stating that investigation had "determined that you were maintaining your existing canal rather than engaging in new dredging activities. Maintaining existing structures is specifically exempted from further permit requirements." This pronouncement notwithstanding, Ocie Mills and his son were later convicted of "knowingly discharging fill material in wetlands," and of "dredging a canal in navigable waters." For these crimes, the two were each sentenced to 21 months in prison, freed $5000, and ordered to restore the property. Keith Onsdorff, an EPA associate enforcement counsel, argued that this penalty would "send a strong message across the country that those who knowingly violate environmental laws are going to jail."

edit on 5-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yes they can take your land by declaring it a "wetland" or if in some desert area (where it might look odd) they simply have to say that they are taking your land to protect the habitat of some little mouse. A mouse for your house. It all fits Agenda 21 and the UN's agenda for the re-wilding of America. I am all for conservation and preserving our natural habitat but it has to be balanced with people's property rights. This isn't manifest destiny and we are the "indians."

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Unfortunately at this far along juncture the only thing that could possibly change this is a 30 foot mound of federal corpses in front yards across the country.

There are too many urban zombies who love their chains and hate your acreage who will vote year after year to not just continue the abuse but to increase it and nothing is going to change their minds so making the human toll too high to realistically enforce this crap is really the only hope there is.

As it is these tyrants will spend millions to collect thousands from tax protestors so we have an absurd cost/benefit ratio to their own enforcement yet they insist on enforcing to not only our detriment but also their own due the expense. We have no reason to believe the madness will ever stop. Not even with significant loss of life. But it's the last recourse and you have the moral high ground.

They've done everything they can to take away a mans means to provide for himself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

geez, going to prison for 21 months
just cuz u dumped a few loads of
sand to build a house?

So does that mean I can fine the EPA
for digging tons of fill dirt on the wetlands here
in NC cuz they dug up millions of tons of dirt
to construct Hwy 74 connecting Wilmington
to Charlotte ???

Isn't it the very same thing ???

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

it does not end. ever.

so are you telling me that it doesn't
even end when I die ???

do pray tell how that works ???

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

well we all kind think they had it out for ocie.
because he wouldn't let them come onto his land,
without a warrant. he kept them out until the county sheriff
got there. this took place before the clearing of the land deal.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
On a side note, I dont get how someone or (CORPORATION) can purchase the mineral and oil rights to land 100 yrs ago. That is like saying I lost at cards, but dont worry i'll have my son pay you back in 70 yrs. Eminent domain can piss up a rope, i have seen personally how this turns out.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

geez, going to prison for 21 months
just cuz u dumped a few loads of
sand to build a house?

So does that mean I can fine the EPA
for digging tons of fill dirt on the wetlands here
in NC cuz they dug up millions of tons of dirt
to construct Hwy 74 connecting Wilmington
to Charlotte ???

Isn't it the very same thing ???

That story infuriated me, and I don't understand anyone, anyone ever, and their neighbors, because this would be a community uprising, over the incredible injustice, taking it. I would have been shot to be put in jail and I would have screamed the courthouse down they DON"T OWN ME OR MY SON. And that they would never live a day in peace in their house, and pelt them and their windows with rocks, bearspray, boulders, SCREAMING and in a decent world, all the community would do the same. I would not quit, until they were dealt with by the justice themselves for their abuse of power. And continue until my last breath.

That is the only way, people can stop them is make it horrendous for them to try to dominate them. AND BE LOUD WITH BULLHORNS

We need to stop them with crowds and BULLHORNS that never go away.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well put, Jedi.

I would start building, and fly the Come and Take It flag

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

WTF?

"dredging a canal in navigable waters."

Since when is a 300 foot drainage ditch considered "navigable waters?"

new topics