It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

From Scifi.com
The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan
Featuring Unfettered Access to
the Filmmaker's Private Life

In an unprecedented move, SCI FI Channel will broadcast a controversial look at Academy Award-nominated writer/director M. Night Shyamalan entitled The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan on Sunday, July 18, at 8PM ET/PT. Sanctioned in October 2003 by the reclusive filmmaker, this three-hour project was helmed by Academy Award-nominated director Nathaniel Kahn (My Architect) and producer Callum Greene (Lost in Translation, 3AM) exclusively for SCI FI Channel.

SCI FI spent over four months trailing the famously enigmatic Shyamalan, who granted the channel exclusive access to his intensely guarded personal lifestyle, as well as his filmmaking process (on the set of The Village). What SCI FI viewers will see on July 18 is a revealing look that lays bare the external forces which have helped shape Shyamalan's vision. Viewers will witness extraordinary unguarded moments, as well as attempts by the acclaimed filmmaker to shut down the production.

Did anyone see this docummentary? Im 2 and 1/2 hours in and its pretty good. Creppy stuff. If you guys havent seen it I suggest you catch it on SciFi when you have the chance.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Nevermind. I was doing some research on the special when I stumbled into this:

Television network admits it lied about unauthorized biography
NEW YORK (AP) -- The Sci Fi Channel admitted that it lied last month in claiming it was at odds with filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan and was making an unauthorized biography about his "buried secret."

The hoax was part of a "guerilla marketing campaign" that went too far, network president Bonnie Hammer said Friday.

The network announced in December that the reclusive Shyamalan, maker of "The Sixth Sense" and "Signs," had agreed to participate in a documentary about his life to run in connection with this summer's release of his new movie, "The Village."

Sci Fi said last month, however, that Shyamalan had soured on the documentary when the questions got too personal. Documentarians Nathaniel Kahn and Callum Greene pressed on and made a three-hour film, "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan," without his cooperation, the network said.

So I guess the whole thing was one big hoax. Which sucks since it was an entertaining show to watch.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It was ok but it seemed unrealistic throughout the whole thing.

[Edited on 7/26/04 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
So I guess the whole thing was one big hoax. Which sucks since it was an entertaining show to watch.

It was a docuhoax by Sci Fi, forever eroding their credibilty in paranormal docus, UFO study and all "serious" presentations, pretty much cheapening what we do here on ATS.

I'll never forgive Sci Fi or M. Night (who's a pretentious hack by the way) and will reveal the secret "twist" ending to every movie he makes to anyone that will listen for the rest of time.

new topics

top topics

join