It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin is an idiot.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

The way i see it is that Darwin Made even the people who Opposed him belive his theory in the end, and that was no small feat, since then his theories have been accepted as self-evident (My signature says it all really )

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelling, age and the intent of the OP are NOT the topic here.
Please post ON TOPIC, do not derail this thread any further.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

The ever wise Moderators have spoken their words on wisdom again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I admit i see things from you point of view as well Candice but untill a better and more adapt theory comes along Darwins seems the Most concrete idea to go on but as i say i too like to Belive in the more magicky ideas at times but thats only when i lack a more valid explanation of what happend

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes I know. There is. Its up to the individual if they want to believe and what not to believe. I suppose the safest option is to go with the most widely believed opinions then.

now that, young lady, is truly the dumbest thing you've said on this thread

i see by your sig. that you like Blake [or at least don't think he is an idiot]*

here's another Blake Quote :

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.

you will never truly be able to learn unless you begin by accepting that you do not know.

* poets are immortal [in case spelling nazis want to get on my case]
edit on 6-3-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: forgot to explain purpose of asterisk

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

For those who are interested and have a little more grey matter than someone stomping around claiming a dead man "is" an idiot -

BBC - Horizon

Here is Dr Alice Roberts follows a trail of clues from ancient human bones to the frontiers of genetic research to discover if we are still evolving - and where we might be heading.

Dr Alice Roberts asks one of the great questions about our species: are we still evolving?

There's no doubt that we're a product of millions of years of evolution.

But thanks to modern technology and medicine, did we escape Darwin's law of the survival of the fittest?

Alice follows a trail of clues from ancient human bones, to studies of remarkable people living in the most inhospitable parts of the planet, to the frontiers of genetic research to discover if we are still evolving - and where we might be heading.

The link is for the BBC Iplayer for those who can get it fascinating watch.

PS CandiceZ I would argue that language alone proves evolution

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

For those who are interested and have a little more grey matter than someone stomping around claiming a dead man "is" an idiot -
PS CandiceZ I would argue that language alone proves evolution

www.bbc.co.uk...

Grammer is not the subject in this thread, oh yeah and I still think Darwin IS an idiot. Im not even going to bother with any more replies in this thread im getting bored now. You all believe whatever idea some deluded scientist came up with - oh no, it wasnt even his theory - IT WAS HIS GRANDFATHERS THEORY. So enough said.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The idea of common descent and change over time was suggested before Darwin's grandfather, Charles Darwin was merely the one who came up with the refined form of it. Hell, Erasmus only poetically expressed it.

Please, demonstrate an understanding of the actual science. Please give a legitimate reason for disregarding a theory that's supported by 150 years of evidence.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This may get deleted, but here it goes anyway.

The OP, in her opening statement just makes a HERP DERP comment about how Darwin is an idiot and goes about with nothing else. Entire thread is pointless, just a troll thread.

If this isn't true, then argue a point, give us something to which you believe in - a theory of how things work.

Im not even going to bother with any more replies in this thread im getting bored now.

Don't need to say much to that, one makes my argument even without saying a word.
edit on 6-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: finishing touches on the quote, to make sure people don't think I was saying that

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

A past theory, regardless of wether or not its "correct", has inherent value. Theories give us a model to prove or disprove, and to generate further research.

Darwin may not have been correct in all the details, but his theory of evolution and survival of the fittest have been the grounds for all our modern bio-molecular research.

So, for you to sit there saying Darwin was stupid means that you are extremely stupid

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Im not even going to bother with any more replies in this thread im getting bored now.

Thats fine by me, shes been proven wrong throughout the entire thread despite not been able to present any supporting evidence for her absurd original claim, theres nothing more to be said other than point made

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Grammer is not the subject in this thread, oh yeah and I still think Darwin IS an idiot. Im not even going to bother with any more replies in this thread im getting bored now. You all believe whatever idea some deluded scientist came up with - oh no, it wasnt even his theory - IT WAS HIS GRANDFATHERS THEORY. So enough said.

Are you really as angry about Darwin and the theory he presented as the petulance in this thread seems to suggest?

Why?

Firstly, what harm do other people's beliefs do to you?
Secondly, why can Darwin's theory and your beliefs no coexist?
edit on 3/6/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
quick question... according to darwins theory, humans evolved from monkey's, why has it stopped.. why arent no more humans evolving from monkey's??

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by holyindian

Techically they are, through extremely gradual change were talking millions of years sorta thing

Or there could be a Glitch in the Matrix.....

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by holyindian

Because God realized how confusing this issue is and put a stop to it.

Seriously, it took millions of years. MILLIONS, you can comprehend the math on that right? Besides the fact that we can observe them learning and using tools if it's possible to see them evolve into humans it won't be until long after we're dead. Huge changes happen slowly over thousands of thousands of years with small changes and occasional leaps.

Might be that the monkeys that we have now, that evolved from the monkeys then have found their niche like we have found ours. Maybe they'll stay similar, maybe they'll all eventually evolve more and we'll be living on a planet of the apes.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This drivel seems to pop up periodically like a bad case of Herpes. Why don't you guys stop with your baiting and have yourself a nice Rapture. Leave the rest of us alone to wallow in our science.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Actually the title should be "Darwin WAS an idiot" since he is no longer among the living.
You really can't trash talk about a great man when the title itself is flawed now can you?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InDeMioN
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Ok ...I didin´t think you would agree so here is another question:

Darwins theory states that a species is not infuenced by its environment in evolution (because this would include some "intention" behind evolution) but rather the mutation gives the species an advantage in its environemnt and be superior to other species because of this.

So ..penguins can only stand on ice because they developed a system in which their arteiries and veins are entangled and thus cooling/warmig blood coming from the heart/leading away from the heart so their feet/legs won´t freeze.

According to Darwin they must have developed this system per coincidence in a environment where they could survive without it and then have traveled to the south pole afterwards because they were - by coincidence - able to survive there?

Wouldn´t it be much more logical if they had evolved there with this ability as response to their environment ?

I can think chain of events that would cause penguins.

Some species of bird, perhaps a duck, lived into a time of severe seasons. Lots to eat in the warm summer, living off fat alone in the frozen winter. Only the ducks who put on alot of fat would make it through the winter.

After a while the climate became milder and there were lots more fat ducks, but there were also more predators. The new predators used to be omnivore scavangers but fat ducks are easy to catch. The ducks who moved to colder parts of their neighborhood encounter fewer predators and continue to survive.

Over the ages and Ice Ages the ducks who are born with advantages to the cold will have more offspring and also move to even colder climates until the sum of all mutations has made them penguins.

I'm trying to impart that penguins weren't a target that DNA shot for, they are just the end result of many factors.

Evolution is more like a game than a puzzle. With a puzzle the end is fixed, with a game the end depends on what has preceded it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join