It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin is an idiot.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bootsnspurs33

Straw man, try harder next time. There are many brilliant scientists who have a "tragic" personal life. That has nothing to do with the scientific theory of evolution.

Did I mention you beat your wife ...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

not long till this is removed...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

along with your one line post, and mine

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by bootsnspurs33

Tulips and rhinos are in entirely different Kingdoms of life. Rocks are not alive, therefor can not even micro evolve. Your ludicrous views of biology would be laughable if you were joking.

How about dogs turning in to dolphins? It happened.

I think most of us can agree, however although rocks are non-living, the origin of life is thought to be non living molecules, if I understand correctly. Also, the idea is that tulips and rhinos evolved from a common ancestor, however far back that may be. Therefore there is some sense in what the poster is saying, the poster is just exaggerating. On the topic as a whole, I don't think anyone should call anyone they have never met an idiot. How do you know how well Darwin explained his ideas? Maybe he really was not that smart and somehow came up with this idea (unlikely) or then he was a proper scientist. I think that there is a lot of sense to evolution, if you think about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit on 7-3-2011 by BrawleR because: added a lil pic

Haha, that external source summarises it pretty well, have you got one of those for evolution too? It might be more appealing to the OP.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Everybody who believes in Darwins theory of evolution, has derived from monkeys. The rest is one out of many humanoid tribes. And where did they come from? They came from the same source that Darwins first cell came from, or the earth on which it grew, or the universe in which the earth turns. IT WAS CREATED!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by CandiceZ

Charles Darwin was Anything But an Idiot, Infact he was a Genious to have come up with such a theory and Overcome Huge scrutiny from Bigot christians who were unhappy that he could prove that the Bible was Bull***t, Anyone who has that amount of courage and determination to change the way the Obscene world thinks is Un-deniably great, Scientists these days have Proven his work to be wrong in parts however they have the means and the equipment that wasnt available to Darwin when he Wrote about his theories, Also did Darwin ever say his conclusion was 100% Accurate, No. Infact he outlined that the fact that he could be wrong on many points but was the Guy acheived in his lifetime was nothing less than Great

edit on 5/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

No Darwin was someone who created the disease of Atheism. He himself NEVER said that man came from evolution but that animals did.
Yet all his worship-people like to somehow hijack the theory of evolution (A THEORY, not necessarily a fact) and somehow make the flimsy connection of man jumping from the tree's from a monkey-guise.

I was having this argument with a friend last night. He was coming out with the usual garbage 'We're all animals, we're raping the ocean and mother earth' the usual dreary garbage of brainwashed people who believe the lies fostered on them by the msm.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

Originally posted by CandiceZ
And I think you all should look at this
www.darwinismthegreatestlieinhistory.com...

Yeah... this guy believes that the theory of evolution is a Jewish conspiracy and he's a holocaust denier. Enough said.

You know that Darwin converted to Catholicism on his death-bed right?
That should basically tell all you atheist's and Darwin-lovers something more than evolution is going on.
Enough said also

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by randomname

Crocodiles have evolved. However, they have remained relatively unchanged due to their environment remaining fairly constant. Therefore, new traits will not give one member of the species much of an advantage over other members of the species.

in 250 million years the crocodiles enviroment remained unchanged, but everyone elses did. that makes perfect sense.

so their florida swamp was completely immune to 250 million years of geological changes. crocodiles are proof that evolution is b.s.

in 250 million years, everything evolved according to evolutionists but crocodiles, since every zoologist claims that crocodiles and alligators are exactly the same today as they were 250 million years ago.

yet darwin bases his idiotic ramblings on finches and barely noticable differences between them compared to other finches in the new world, the galapagos islands and europe.

every animal and man are exactly as God made them, grow up and face reality and stop trying to hide behind idiot scientists and atheists who look and say anything no matter how false, stupid and ridiculous it is.

look at the moth that blends in with birch trees so perfectly that it is almost impossible to spot. darwin would have you believe it's because a mutant gene somehow made its wings look exactly like a birch tree, not a maple tree, not an oak tree, not an apple tree but a birch tree, then out of all the million possible color combinations, this random force hit a one in billion shot and got it right allowing the moth to survive predators.

then you have to ask yourself why. how would a moth know, that when examined, has a brain so small and simple that science has a hard time even calling it a brain, an insect so stupid that it will bang its head against a glass door with a light bulb overhead, multiple times until the light is turned off, know that a birch tree is a safe haven.

if i told you i hit 47,000 hole in ones in a row, you'd call me a lier, but some idiot says something that is 1000x more improbable and impossible and you believe him.

edit on 7-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think evolution is a very plausible idea.. Given an infinite amount of time just to get started.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by CandiceZ

Charles Darwin was Anything But an Idiot, Infact he was a Genious to have come up with such a theory and Overcome Huge scrutiny from Bigot christians who were unhappy that he could prove that the Bible was Bull***t, Anyone who has that amount of courage and determination to change the way the Obscene world thinks is Un-deniably great, Scientists these days have Proven his work to be wrong in parts however they have the means and the equipment that wasnt available to Darwin when he Wrote about his theories, Also did Darwin ever say his conclusion was 100% Accurate, No. Infact he outlined that the fact that he could be wrong on many points but was the Guy acheived in his lifetime was nothing less than Great

edit on 5/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

No Darwin was someone who created the disease of Atheism. He himself NEVER said that man came from evolution but that animals did.
Yet all his worship-people like to somehow hijack the theory of evolution (A THEORY, not necessarily a fact) and somehow make the flimsy connection of man jumping from the tree's from a monkey-guise.

I was having this argument with a friend last night. He was coming out with the usual garbage 'We're all animals, we're raping the ocean and mother earth' the usual dreary garbage of brainwashed people who believe the lies fostered on them by the msm.

THEORY: A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena.

That is BOTH the scientific and dictionary definition of a theory.

Out of respect to his wife and fear of being called a heretic, Darwin omitted mention humans in the Origin of the Species except for the very end where he says evolution could explain humanity too. Many scholars over the course of history have had to repress or conceal their true discoveries out of fear of the Church.

To those who believe that Darwin converted on his death bed or recanted his theories... you are victims of an urban legend. Darwin completely lost his faith in 1851 when his daughter Annie died. Then there is this:

Charles Darwin recounted in his biography of his grandfather Erasmus Darwin how false stories were circulated claiming that Erasmus had called for Jesus on his deathbed. Charles concluded by writing "Such was the state of Christian feeling in this country [in 1802].... We may at least hope that nothing of the kind now prevails." Despite this hope, very similar stories were circulated following Darwin's own death, most prominently the "Lady Hope Story", published in 1915 which claimed he had converted on his sickbed.[11] Such stories have been propagated by some Christian groups, to the extent of becoming urban legends, though the claims were refuted by Darwin's children and have been dismissed as false by historians. His daughter, Henrietta, who was at his deathbed, said that he did not convert to Christianity.[12]

All can be found here

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gate13

My days, do you know anything about darwin at all?! The whole controversy around his thoery was because at the time christianity was rife in the UK and his theory meant that most of the entirety of Genisis was creationist foolery, why else would the church openly oppose his theory?! I mean, just read up on the subject before you post or else youll look extremely silly

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I never thought id see the day when free Thought and Higher understanding would be classed as a Disease!
I didnt belive there was so many nostalgic Darwin haters here, But to be honest the fact that your Morbid accusations have no real point behind is just laughable

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I think evolution is a very plausible idea.. Given an infinite amount of time just to get started.

Evolution though doesn't require the time at the beginning, because isn't evolution just organisms evolving? Before the living creatures there would not have been any evolution.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson

Originally posted by randyvs

Evolution though doesn't require the time at the beginning, because isn't evolution just organisms evolving? Before the living creatures there would not have been any evolution.

Well now I think that maybe a different point. The fact that there are many varibles invlved with evolution.
You can apply my comment to the primordial soup hypothosis, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
Darwin is an idiot. A monkey and a cucumber are cousins? Right, and what about the evolution of the horse? Species don't evolve from other species, there has NEVER been a transitional fossil of ANY species from one to another, even from CRO-MAGNON MAN to HOMOSAPIEN. And don't believe this "facts are the worlds data" crap unless you can prove it yourself, otherwise your going on someone else's PERCEPTION of the world's data. --- "Listen to everything, believe nothing, unless you can prove it''

Il probably get grief for this or ignored even, but its my opinion. The guy didnt know what he was talking about.

Your parents must be so proud of your profound ignorance and stupidity.

Give them a pat on the back for me.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

Definitely can, but I always think of them as separate theories, even though that's not the case I dont think, sorry. I was just thinking of evolution as evolution. But yeah, primordial soup theory is a bit crazy, how do you excpect those chemicals to create self replicating mRNA (or pre-mRNA). Although maybe possible (maybe), it would certainly take a long time

link   
This thread was created with the intent to troll for stars and flags, not to have a valid discussion.
Just like 90% of the creationist/evolution threads these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

We are having a valid discussion???

I suppose we can try, so what you are implying is that the OP left I guess.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
This thread was created with the intent to troll for stars and flags, not to have a valid discussion.
Just like 90% of the creationist/evolution threads these days.

Ya I think that's a pretty realistic assumption you have there Hippo.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join