It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin is an idiot.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

exactly. it all follows the program
a seed of a pine tree will follow and make only a pine tree.

no no no but wait. over a long period of time. all of a sudden!!!!

LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Hebrews 11; 1. Faith is the substance of things hoped for & the evidence of things not yet seen, there is undoubtedly evolution WITHIN the species, there is no evidence of a tulip turning into rhino, let alone a rock turning into a zebra. Peace out.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bootsnspurs33

FAITH!. dont get me started.

the illusion of support.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH
reply to post by eNumbra

Then where does one species end and other species begin? This would make each fossil a new species.

Wrong. Each fossil represents a single example of a large species. A new species begins to diverge from its line if some of its members become geographic isolated from others of its species, a mutation gives a member of that species a valuable and unique advantage that makes him more successful at surviving and reproducing. A new species is not going to appear instantly - it comes from small and gradual changes over hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Tulips and rhinos are in entirely different Kingdoms of life. Rocks are not alive, therefor can not even micro evolve. Your ludicrous views of biology would be laughable if you were joking.

How about dogs turning in to dolphins? It happened.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Also, calling people, "idiot" (and in the title!) is rather trollish/immature/disrespectful to say the least!

Disagree all you want, but lashing out at a dead person is not the way to go about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Whether or not Darwin was actually an "idiot" is irrelevant to the scientific validation since then of the Theory of Evolution and evolution as a process.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I believe it would be better not to call nations and nationalities a race. There is only one race, biologically speaking, and that is the human race. Yes, we are not all the same and we exhibit certain traits and differences, but we are all one race, the human race. Just my 2 EuroCents.

Whatever you want to call them, they were all unique tribes, cultured in isolation, at one time.
edit on 6-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Most impressive, I'm glad to see that you're "learning stuff" (Hmm learning... stuff, how .... interesting) such as Darwin's not a scientist & that the supposed evolutionary process took longer than three days. I'm saddened to hear how angry you get at "stupid people" & at people who desperatley cling to an idea that can only be supported by blind faith completely disregarding the world & universe around them, and throwing simple common sense to the wind. If that's the case, how can you look in the mirror, because that's what you do with your life every day.Now i expect you to retort with some other inane argument & failing that name calling, the boundries of your intellect are simply astounding. Why dont you try questioning some of your beliefs like you berate others for NOT doing? I suggesst you start with math (numbers DO NOT lie) that is what made my group start questioning our proffessors when they used conflicting arguments to describe the creation event. Lets start with something simple, we're taught that the universe is 14-15 billon years old (remember that a light year is the distance light travels in one solar year, that's important later) Stoddard,Paekes and most other astronomers & astrophysicist agree that the universe is appx. 75 to 150 billon light years from "horizon to horizon". do you see a problem w/ those numbers? Most astrophysicist do. hang in there, learn to question and maybe you can learn to learn.(it beats "learning stuff", it really does.) Unless you simply don't want to learn and chose to ignore the world & universe around you because, no matter what, you don't want to accept the existence of the Creator. Then that puts you in the position of not being able to tolerate yourself.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
I bet you $2Mil that Darwin is burning eternally in the dark pits of hell right now. Cause we all know he didn't go to Heaven. What do you say to people like that at their funeral? I really wonder what good things anyone had to say about him at his funeral service? That he was good man and is in a better place? Must have been pretty akward for a guy that didn't have Christ and convinced millions of americans that we somehow came from oragutans. I don't feel sorry for him regardless. He's led millions to hell along with him. You atheist and people of other beliefs can belief that BS that you are animals, I won't. Call me stupid and crazy. I'll be stupid and crazy on my way to Heaven instead of burning in Hell for an eternity! Simple as that! It all comes down to death. When it knocks on your door, you believe in lies like evolution and you don't have Christ, your whole has been basically a failure and worth nothing. Oh sure your studies may have convinced some people their true and facts but when death comes knocking at their door as well and they don't have Christ either, what was it worth? Your whole life thrown down in mere minutes. and paying for it with eternity?! My God. Some people are just too sad for words.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

If I truly could speak my mind about your delusional comment I'd get banned for life on ATS. Just so you understand - I doubt you will - Darwin's theory explains the "mechanics" of life. Nowhere does he try to explain life itself.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeedHow do you think life first started here on earth, do you even know what is taught. What most biologist teach & believe, that some how some way life formed from inanimate objects. What is funny, because you are NOT joking, is that you just refuted one of evolution's MANY stumbling blocks. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

Dear Candice,

Unfortunately disadvantageous mutations happen ... Good luck.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Sadly, you are so very correct! What no one on this post seems to realize or wants to admit is that Darwin was a bitter, cruel man,( has no one read "The origin of the species" or read about him, his life, the racisim, the sexism and so much worse. No i never read where he repented for the tragedy he caused in his family and those around him).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Maybe the universities I've attended are teaching something different than the ones I am sure you have attended (:lol
but the origin of life is still a mystery, I was never taught how life began.

That is beside the point. You are completely changing the topic of discussion. I was not talking about the origins of life - I was addressing the diversity of life. Your false dichotomies and straw man examples are old hat.

I guess to follow suit I should branch off on a non sequitur as well. Within your body there are all sorts of non-living matter ie iron, copper, magnesium, calcium all sorts of "rocks" to use a general term.

The rock itself is not alive, but it is part of a living system. Life could not exist in the form we know it without non-living matter. Likewise, non-living matter could not exist without consciousness.

more smileys

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

Likewise, non-living matter could not exist without consciousness.
Ah...

I see what you did there

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Read about Charles Galton Darwin, Francis Galton, etc

Nuff said

Listen to some Alan Watt

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
One Russian, the producer of the movie Peru and Bolivia long before the Incas
concerning the Darwinian theory half-jokingly puts the question what is the
evolutional advantage of the long hair at the humans and why no one of the
primates has it.
But here has to be mentioned also that Darwin has been sure not in the least
about the evolution of the human consciousness. Everything about it is
attached and planted to his theory by people wanting it to be this way.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
We are not meant to know.

Why not?

Why do you feel there are things we aren't meant to know, and who has a right to keep such things from us?

- Lee

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There are so many arguing in this thread with little to no knowledge of his research. Someone reads the wiki article on evolution and thinks that's all there is. There's so many layers to the theory of evolution... or wait, let's just all just have faith! That's much easier.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

edit on 7-3-2011 by BrawleR because: added a lil pic

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join