It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Where are the protests in our country?

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Where are the protests in our country? Where is the leadership connecting the dots... between the financial meltdown, the record profits and bonuses on Wall Street, the continuing collapse of home equity, the joblessness..have we become complacent as the wealthiest continue to steal everything not nailed down..What are your views?




posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


I believe the government an the so called elite have totally been successful in manipulating and acting as puppeteers in our country. So far they have won. It will take more in our country than the others to spark anything meaningful.



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Are you starving? Do you not have internet?



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think the number one reason to your question people (Americans that is) are very much in a "Individual mind-set". We tend to think only of our selves. For example as i've heard this before. "Hey, it doesn't concern me, why should i care". Thats the "American way".



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


I believe the government an the so called elite have totally been successful in manipulating and acting as puppeteers in our country. So far they have won. It will take more in our country than the others to spark anything meaningful.


I think someday people will wake up and do that right in the streets of the good old USA



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Are you starving? Do you not have internet?


I do but there is people out there starveing right here in the USA



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BullDogGrowler82
I think the number one reason to your question people (Americans that is) are very much in a "Individual mind-set". We tend to think only of our selves. For example as i've heard this before. "Hey, it doesn't concern me, why should i care". Thats the "American way".



I agree Ive heard that said many times(it doesn't concern me, why should i care )



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Face it everybody is scared even people on here sorry but that's the truth , plus who wants to protest by themselves not me that's for sure .

Just wait til gas is 5 $ a gallon and everything else is up in price including food then people won't be able to afford it and then you might see some protests but i highly doubt it .



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Where have you been?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...


And as the GOP declares war on the middle class look for even more protests!
edit on 5-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not only am I fairly new here, but I'm not the sharpest bulb in the drawer.

We protest against whom? For what? I've heard that the government is the tool of Rothsderbergers and the Zionist International Popes. If we get nowhere by protesting the government, do we go to the local Masonic temple demanding our freedom?

I'm trying to be at least slightly humorous, but I honestly don't have answers. Help?



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Face it everybody is scared even people on here sorry but that's the truth , plus who wants to protest by themselves not me that's for sure .

Just wait til gas is 5 $ a gallon and everything else is up in price including food then people won't be able to afford it and then you might see some protests but i highly doubt it .


No one wants to protest by themselves but yes if gas gets up to 5 bucks a gallon and we can afford our grocery's i can see it happening ..But i think our military would step in and end it before it even started..just my opinion



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Where are the protests in our country?


I'm surprised only one person said Wisconsin

I know they're just mostly union related protests right now, but watching the people in the US government that keep talking about cutting this and that, the union protests in Wisconsin, could just be the start of something more.



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47
 


Were our Founding Fathers starving? Were they lacking any comfort?

No.

The Government of the United States is the 21st Century King George to the Liberty of the American Nation.



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not going to happen as if I'm not mistaken but the US is the Most Wired Nation On The Planet meaning protests and the act of protesting has now gone digital and is considerably more effective using on average 75% less resourses required to accomplish said task.



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Where have you been?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...


And as the GOP declares war on the middle class look for even more protests!
edit on 5-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)


yes i know about those protests I'm on the border to wisc..I'm talking about protests on a huge scale on issues such as gas,food and other issues..I'm talking thousands and thousands of people takeing to the streets..thanks for your reply and videos



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Where are the protests in our country?


I'm surprised only one person said Wisconsin

I know they're just mostly union related protests right now, but watching the people in the US government that keep talking about cutting this and that, the union protests in Wisconsin, could just be the start of something more.



I agree its just now starting and I'm sure there will be more to come!



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
For most people, the idea of protesting is ridicules. We usually hold a somewhat peaceful protest of those that are in power every 2 and 4 years, it's called voting.
I see no reason to protest/riot in the streets at this point. I have faith that with the recent turn of events and knowledge gained, American voters will start making more educated decisions in the next several years.

As for the Individual mindset? Yeah I guess. But if I were to go out and protest and riot, get shot and killed, are you going to take care of my family? No.
I am responsible for me and my family, and that is that.
You did not get me to where I am today, it was my doing. I expect the same from everyone else.



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Not going to happen as if I'm not mistaken but the US is the Most Wired Nation On The Planet meaning protests and the act of protesting has now gone digital and is considerably more effective using on average 75% less resourses required to accomplish said task.



That's true everything has gone digital but wouldn't it make more impact if we took it to the streets?



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
For most people, the idea of protesting is ridicules. We usually hold a somewhat peaceful protest of those that are in power every 2 and 4 years, it's called voting.
I see no reason to protest/riot in the streets at this point. I have faith that with the recent turn of events and knowledge gained, American voters will start making more educated decisions in the next several years.

As for the Individual mindset? Yeah I guess. But if I were to go out and protest and riot, get shot and killed, are you going to take care of my family? No.
I am responsible for me and my family, and that is that.
You did not get me to where I am today, it was my doing. I expect the same from everyone else.


I mean peaceful protests not with guns and bombs..and i agree about the American voters



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
People seem to only care about things are immediately effecting them...so if gas goes to $5, it's hard
for me to imagine any one but the lower class trying to fight or riot since the middle & upper class won't be hit as hard...I also wonder about technology being so extreme that anyone who participates will pay the price...after saying that makes you kind o0f wonder why we have those so called "secret" camps set up across the country?

Ektar




top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join