It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I know its the MSM and TPTB on both sides that push hate towards each other.
Its as if the west is trying to make all muslims look bad to westerners and vice versa. It makes money, position and power for the evil indivduals who do so. Creating counter cultures is a lucrative enterprise money or spiritual.

I live in a part of britain where i have muslim neighbours and even muslim friends. They all visit the mosque on fridays but during the rest of the week most drink alchohol go to nightclubs and pubs, some even sell and smoke weed. the younger generation of british muslims just want to be british and have the freedoms we all do here.Its the older generation of muslims who have a hold on the young. Eventually all that will change with the new generation of young british muslims. Maybe fanatical muslims are just clutching at straws.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

i'm glad muslims such as yourself are out there and i urge you to stick around ATS based almost entirely on the fact that even though it may be frustrating or downright enraging at times, you can do more good educating people that may have a different view from yourself rather than moving along to another site where there may be more likeminded people. if you can change the mind of one ignorant person on here, that's more worthwhile than preaching to the choir somewhere else. this is of course only my humble opinion and i wish you well with whatever you decide to do.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
well your always welcome in America with that way of thinking.
Personally I hate the old ways of religion to. They were doing it for the fascist reasons for their religion. And they still do it these days in other countries!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The bible taught to kill at a given time against a given number of people that were clearly violent.

The Quran taught to kill in one part and forgive in another.

That's all I can see here. And so no matter what you are, you cannot stop what your own faith says. Want to change it? Go ahead. But then why would you need to be part of that faith to begin with.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by urmenimu2

Do you have any proof backing your "fact" that 1% are radicals?

no, because actually its like .00001%. i have lived/worked in muslim bosnia and indonesia and malaysia and travelled extensively through other muslim countries, i am a white american male, and i have never been treated with anything but respect from the MILLIONS of muslims that surrounded me everyday for years in violent and unstable political climates. if more than .0001 of muslims were VIOLENT radicals genius, then i would be dead.

and who cares if they are radicals? jesus was a radical. the issue here isnt populist political radicalism in the face of radical political oppression. the issue is are muslims VIOLENT TERRORISTS? percentage wise, not much more than christians are. .0001% son. dont believe eveerything your media brainwashing taught you. it makes me sad to see what the media has done to your soft mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by zcflint05

You're kidding, right? We've been fighting this war since the crusades. It's just that now, they are using different tactics. Political correctness, media, splinter groups. Ignoring this war and wishing for unicorn and rainbows won't stp the jihad against the west. As for your innocent statement like "islamophobe" it would be people like yourself that (65 years ago) would be calling us nazi-phobes for hating another country doing what it wanted to do.
You accuse many of watching Fox and regurgitating what we see, while you do the same but just regurgitate what is on MSNBC or worse, White House talking points.

Feel good, pat yourself on the back and consider yourself "enlightened". The rest of us will just have to do the heavy lifing and speak the truth.

Your post lost any lucid or reasonable argument when you decided to compare Muslims to Nazis.

It shows your ghastly lack of knowledge regarding the history of Islam or the horror of the Holocaust.

And I don't consider myself "enlightened". I just paid enough attention in school to know how to form my own thoughts rather than regurgitate Glenn Beck's "caliphate" argument ad-nauseum.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I don't understand why you call me son unless it is because you got called on your lack of evidence to support your claims. I have travelled the middle east extensively as well and our opinions differ. I just don't understand why people make up statistics without any proof or evidence just so someone can see their point. Sorry, I look for facts, it doesn't take a GENIUS to do that.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmenimu2

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Do you have any proof backing your "fact" that 1% are radicals?

no, because actually its like .00001%. i have lived/worked in muslim bosnia and indonesia and malaysia and travelled extensively through other muslim countries, i am a white american male, and i have never been treated with anything but respect from the MILLIONS of muslims that surrounded me everyday for years in violent and unstable political climates. if more than .0001 of muslims were VIOLENT radicals genius, then i would be dead.

and who cares if they are radicals? jesus was a radical. the issue here isnt populist political radicalism in the face of radical political oppression. the issue is are muslims VIOLENT TERRORISTS? percentage wise, not much more than christians are. .0001% son. dont believe eveerything your media brainwashing taught you. it makes me sad to see what the media has done to your soft mind.

One person's terrorist, is another's freedom fighter

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't care what religion you belong to, or anyone else. There have been radicals in every religion throughout history. I don't believe the lies that everyone who's from a middle eastern country or is a Muslim is a terrorist. PLEASE!!! So sick of the things are government tries to shove down our throats. I know of some "good Christians" that are very vindictive, angry, hateful people. Extremely judgemental. But those are individuals who have chosen to use religion to suit their need to feel superior and hate for whatever reason. Have we forgotton about the Crusades and all the other mass killings performed by Christians and Catholics, etc? I think we should do away with organized religion and just let people worship in what ever way they feel suits them. No more religious leaders, popes or priests.

How hard is it to get that we all live on this planet TOGETHER. We need to support the earth and each other. I really hope with all my heart that we can come to our senses and stop this nonsense. Stop listening to propaganda about other countries, religions. We are all human beings trying to live the best we can, take care of our families, and stay out of harm. There are always exceptions to this, but the majority are just trying to live a good life. The families and friends you love are just like the families and friends all over the world. We need to work together. We need peace and prosperity for everyone.

Hope we get close to this in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Yep... i know exactly what you mean!!

I too am fed up of the anti Muslim hysteria, driven by the mainstream media, we see on ATS every day!

Look at this thread i created a while back...

American Muslim Soldiers personal battle to be accepted

This was a thread about a Muslim guy who is trying to serve his country but faces prejudice and intolerance...

0 flags 0 stars

Now, if i had created a thread called...

"All Muslims are evil"

100,000 Flags 500,000 Stars

I am sad to say that the demographics of ATS has changed and, in my opinion, it’s for the worse...

When people back up their opinions by quoting fox news you know the world has gone to s@%* !!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hi my mind is mine

Can i just say i've never actually seen any of this tarring with one brush only just hear of it going on, its such a shame there are idiots to say the least out there there are bad seeds in all race religions and colour just remember that, and let us good people stick together and fight for better thing for all and watch thos lot destroy each other with there hate,

Its good to know your on here and sharing your views

Peace & love

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ur a bad liar

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
There are plenty of Muslims that are very nice and law abiding people! They are called radical for a reason! And the reason we have suspicious thoughts and profile among muslims is because of 09/11. And I'm not gunna lie but Muslims with beards and turbins and the overall way they act is suspicious and scary. I get scared when I see a Muslim on an airplane. All because of what your radical people did to us! That's why I'm saying your lying.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

In the political arena, anyone who isn't
waving an american or israeli flag is a terrorist

( according to the nwo sheeples)

If it weren't for radicals there would be no freedom

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
BIG PROBLEM:

There are several groups on the planet at the moment, who seem to think that it's okay to lie to other people, and in some cases, it's part of their actual religious beliefs.

Examples:
Muslims can lie to Kafir.
Jews can lie to Gentiles.
Mormons can lie to Gentiles.
Atheists can lie to whoever they dang well please, for any reason whatsoever.
Dunno about pagans (some atheists fall into this bracket)
Politicians seem to have no trouble lying to everyone.
Etc.

So nobody really knows who to believe.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well, honestly, anyone who thinks that all Muslim people are violent/radical, are flat out wrong. They see the actions of a very small minority on the news and seem to associate those actions with all people, world wide, who are Muslim. Or more specifically, Muslim people that look like they might be from Afghanistan or some similar place.

I know people who are Indian and Hindu, who have dealt with discrimination from people who thought they were Muslim.... Some Ignorant people, see the color of their skin and think, oh they must be Muslim.... And the news says that Muslim people are terrorists! I should be afraid!

It's all crap though. I know many people of many different ethnic and religious backgrounds. All of whom are amazing people. The bottom line is, that no matter what race you look at. No matter what religion you look at, you are going to find good people and bad people. Most people are good...

But you will find bad apples in every group. To judge the whole of a people, based on the actions of a VERY FEW.... It is flat out wrong.... It is unfair. It is a great way to miss out on knowing some really great people.

You will find Radicals all over the world. Some Christian, Some jewish, Some Muslim and some of anything else you can think of... But not all in any one group are radical or violent... The majority are wonderful.

Simple as that. Go say hi to your neighbor.Don't be afraid of them just because they "look different". You will miss out on knowing some truly great people, otherwise.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

S&F for you.

Now please get your leaders to support you and say the same things.

edit on 5-3-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

Who are your "leaders"? and why dont you force them to take up your perspective?

And how do you have the power to do so?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

assalamu alikum brother.

I am with you. Do not yield to these social "growing pains". Not too long ago both Jews and Catholics were the targets of such bile. Inciteful language is damaging because it assumes a real form which spreads and has great influence upon others of like disposition. Thus many who mis-behave are ignorant of the cause. They simply follow impulse. It is for those who know better to realize this and to take care to return good for bad. Good is much stronger than bad. It will prevail. In the meanwhile perhaps we can do as the prophet did and make a practice of purposeful meditation.

alahu akbar

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join