It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The problem is with the entire islamic world not standing up and protesting agaisnt al-qeada and demanding womens rights and fighting to conquer freedom on your on and making peace with israel and the jews once and for all.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you, my friend. Take solace in this: those on ATS and around the world who have become so violently Islamaphobic are that way because they fear the unknown. They take a view things out of context from the Koran and claims that it makes all Muslims extremist oppressive murderers; however, for anyone reading the Holy Bible with impartiality can tell you that the Bible condones oppression of women, murdering in the name of your religion, slavery, and sentences women who have been raped to be stoned (yes, the Bible say that).

All religions have radicals. How about fine "Christian warriors" who bomb abortion clinics and murder peaceful Muslims around the world. Christianity has PLENTY of blood on it's hands and insanely dangerous rhetoric in the Bible, but the uneducated here on ATS think that is okay, because at least it's violence they know.

Rest assured, in 50 years, our children and us will look back at this time in disbelief. And our children will be saying "What were they thinking?"--just like how 60 years ago, interracial marriage was not even legal.
You have friends here on ATS. And as for those who say that moderate Muslims need to "speak out"--no Muslim has anything to prove to these fools. And BTW--there are moderate Muslims speaking out. But you Fox News watching morons get duped by the MSM---news networks aren't going to cover 100 moderate Imams preaching tolerance; but they will shout from high heaven about one insane cleric preaching hate.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being a Muslim and not everyone thinks you guys are "bad" You Muslims are starting to act like the African Americans did back in the 90's though. "Ohhh poor me" and whatnot.

The truth is that Muslims are a product of their environment atleast in the Middle East. And by product of your environment I do NOT mean because the US military are there.... I mean because there is always CONSTANT genocide and wars being fought in the Middle East. Between tribes/villages/different religious beliefs. Every religion has it's history of violence including the Christian faith. But what is so different about Christianity and Islam is that Islam has never left the whole "violent/genocide" type things in the past.

I understand why Muslims are mad that they are being targeted and always looked at under a microscope but if you think about it, What if 10 white Christians decided that they wanted to kill a bunch of Muslims because of their values and beliefs? What if we walked into markets and blew ourselves up or used kids and strapped bombs to them and sent them into a crowd of Muslims and blew them up? What if we cut off Muslims heads and posted it on the internet? What if we decided to fly planes into a large city trying to kill as many people as we could?

You Muslims would act and be the EXACT same way toward us as most Christians are to you. It's screwed up and I hate it because I know LOTS of Muslims that are wonderful people and would not harm a fly. But unfortunately that is the way the world is. The only thing you can do is be yourself and show everyone that not all Muslims are evil and violent.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

HUH? As does Judaism?

You really dont know a thing about Judaism.

If Judaism were interested in converts, it would have numbers similar to Christianity and Islam. The Talmud explicitly says "All the righteous of the nations have a place in Olam HaBa".

Judaism prescribes a moral code that all man must adhere to, but it does not impose its lifestyle or religious obligations on others, and history is a testament to that fact.

Christianity and Islam on the other hand have spread their religion by the sword, which Judaism has never done.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

You're kidding, right? We've been fighting this war since the crusades. It's just that now, they are using different tactics. Political correctness, media, splinter groups. Ignoring this war and wishing for unicorn and rainbows won't stp the jihad against the west. As for your innocent statement like "islamophobe" it would be people like yourself that (65 years ago) would be calling us nazi-phobes for hating another country doing what it wanted to do.
You accuse many of watching Fox and regurgitating what we see, while you do the same but just regurgitate what is on MSNBC or worse, White House talking points.

Feel good, pat yourself on the back and consider yourself "enlightened". The rest of us will just have to do the heavy lifing and speak the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH.

I agree with this 100%

I'll state again just so we are clear, I agree 100%.

You come across as though you are calling us all out for a fight and believe we all think the way you have described. . OK here it comes

I'm right here in your face

Same back at you! I'm in your face right now! You seem to have made your mind up on this issue and want to "Tar us all with the same brush"

OK I will tell what you want to hear! You are a lying radical who will do anything to justify Islam's existence! You agree with and vigorously defend all the actions of all the extremist muslims.

Now that's done, you are the one who actually appears to be close minded by assuming the bulk of ATS members think this way! Just not true! But if that's the way you feel, go. ATS will go on and is not "existent dependent" on yours, mine or any other individuals want or lack of want to be here!

I don't agree that you are how I described above but the way you came out swinging you got it back. I just wrote what you wanted to hear! Are you happy now?

I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH.

again, I agree with this 100%

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

What you have to realize is the following:

Some people are not raised right. The people who are not raised in a good environment can be from any society, and they are indoctrinated with intolerance for anything that they do not understand, or feel threatened by.

Think of it this way: If you were born in a slum (or even a mansion), and your father/mother beat you and told you that you were worthless – you would be a completely different person. If you were raised with prejudice from a young age, the neurological connections in your brain would fight tooth and nail about thoughts that were about everyone being equal. You know - perhaps you wouldn't even have to be beaten by your parents... just have it drilled into your head.

Many of the people bashing different people for different reasons must have had very hard childhoods, and most likely grew up within communities and families with prejudice beliefs. Not only are these people born into their own ignorance, they now have the internet to hide behind their beliefs.

Every culture is affected by it. Don't let the haters hate... be who you are, and continue on as an example to the people who just don't get it, because perhaps – one day, they might.

Peace.
edit on 3/6/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Islam is a religion with a past that is very dodgy(of course all religions are like that but none come close to Islam)and it states that Muslims can lie to infiltrate non Muslim lands and pretend to be peaceful and then when the time is right(islamic revolution....which is happening now)kill those who refuse to convert to Islam.
You may be a good person but since you are a Muslim,your destiny,if you will, has been laid out for you and domination is in your future.You can't take parts of a book that you which to believe in and leave the rest out,so if you don't believe in radical Islam then you are not apart of Islam.

A lot of people may not agree with what i've wrote but i know many Muslims who have left Islam behind because of this very reason.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I believe you. S&F
I dont think a radical would say what your saying now because he would just be lying to himself and his jihad beliefs. When someone is radical i dont think they would hide it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm female and feminist. There are people on here who hold opinions against both of these things.
Who cares what people think. There are people on here who think I am just a womb that shouldn't have any rights.
Don't leave because of what others think. Enjoy the other posts and avoid the ones you know will upset you (the title is usually enough).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
A. I believe you, OP.

B. I am sick of Islamophobia -- not becasue I am a Muslim, but because of the way it has been used to strip America of its treasure and blled it's young people dry. Our soldiers should not be cannon-fodder for a psyop regime that even brainwashes visiting congressmen, like some five-star Jim Jones'.

This ignorant $hit has got to stop.

We are all the vicitms. Most Muslims, even the "radicals" are most likley merely deeply opposed to our government's imperialistic foreign policy in the Middle East and Muslim world. I don't think they necessarily hate the American people, and these effforts to get us to fear and hate them are odious, not for the least reason, because those propaganda efforts are targeted at us -- geared to manipulate the very people the government is supposed to be serving and protecting.

Mind-control efforts on a national scale: that is what this Islamophobia-hype IS.
edit on 6-3-2011 by goodjohnofislay because: grammar/spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The problem here will always be perception. For many of us, (By us, I just mean your average ATS member) we do not have muslim friends or family members. Almost all of our information comes from main stream media. What we see is daily suicide bombings by muslims killing women and children. We see daily articles on abuse of muslim women by muslim men, stoning deaths and that most islamic nations are dictatorships with very little freedom. etc. Wrong or right, this is what we see. I understand that this isn't the complete reality of the situation and that we are missing quite a bit of the big picture. Most of us here on ATS will dig deeper and read and research things that most people won't. This is an opportunity to reach, at least a small percentage of the population--us. Give us referenced articles about peaceful muslims, leaders speaking out about violence, links to books, websites, groups, protests, etc. Give us the complete picture.

We also need to discuss and ask the tough questions without the conversation degrading to insults. Why are there suicide bombers? Why are most Islamic countries dictatorships? Why are stoning deaths not condemed by all islamic leaders? Israel is here to stay barring world war three--how can arab/islamic countries co-exist with it? What does the Koran say about other religions--really? Let's talk about it.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by goodjohnofislay

No the radicals HATE AMERICA and the UK and ANYONE that is not Muslim. Get your facts straight! They have been attacking Americans since WAY before 9-11. Khobar Towers is something you need to look up and also look up the attacks on the US embassies in Africa. They will kill anyone that is not Muslim if they can. And they will kill Muslims to kill us. Even though we trained them and supplied them (in Afghanistan) during the Cold War Era... The radicals want a "pure" world of Muslims under Islamic law and for life to be lived like it was in the old days.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

this is the first reply to a post i've ever made on this site.

I recently watched a video of a protest in southern california. it made me ashamed to be american. these peaceable muslims were just walking into a building to attend some conference. and there are these bigots with signs and megaphones saying the most awful things. i agree with you completely, these people never even take the time to get to know any muslims. was this country not founded by immigrants? i couldn't help but think that these protesters are becoming exactly what they're protesting, EXTREMISTS. we all bleed the same blood. it's the human race that's important here.

peace and love.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I just follow God without the religion, there alot of ignorance in the way of trasnslation from the mouth of ignorance speaks for the experiencer let the experiencer's speak there expeience, attach nothing of yours to it
allow it to free on it's own as meant to be! your forgiven as you should be

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Well my friend you are intitled to oppose whatever you wish, but if you look deeply in to God you will see clearly that God doesnt appose anything. God will not oppose any of those people who say you are lying or those who believe you are telling the truth. God does not favour Muslims,Christians or Pagans, there is plenty of room for all of us. In fact it is the pagans who oppose, the politicians that oppose the football fans oppose the others. There are those who oppose the ATS and yet still form part of it.
All I can say is I dont oppose you, you are free to believe what you wish and see eventually where opposition leads you.
On the other hand there are those who suppose they are right and they may easily meet oppostion rather than peace love and light.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Lol, I don't really get why this is at the top of the flagged. Most people don't consider every Muslim extremist, because that would be incredibly naive. It's just that there's a host of articles pointing out atrocities committed by the Muslim fundamentalist/extremist that gives the religion a bad rap to start with. I'm perfectly ok with having a faith so long as it's not imposed on others, particularly in a violent manner. I think Islam is an extremely illogical religion, but we all have to believe in something. I was raised Christian, and understand.

Onelove

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Jesus and Mohammad were radicals. America was founded by radicals.

Our current political "leaders" and the NWO financial elites who control our societies are the most radical leaders in modern history, with the ugly track record to prove it. If all our world's religions and political structure emerged from radicals such as Jesus, or those who signed the declaration of independence, and if all our economies and countries are controlled by these greedy elitist pigs who plan on feeding on the blood of our future generations, then how sir, do you suggest we find solution? Radical situations have historically required radical solutions.

If you chose to be non-violent against those who would put their foot on your children's neck, then God will no doubt smile upon you. But if you choose to refuse to be radical in that situation, then step back sir, you are a coward. Jesus would laugh at you with pity.

As for "muslim terrorists"??? the obvious fact is that less than 1% of muslims world wide would qualify as radical-terrorists. The proof is how few real attacks there actually are. Go live in indonesia, the most populous muslim country on earth, and you will be better treated as an american than you are in america's currently ugly culture. muslims are not a problem, terrorists are the problem. but radicalism against oppression is not "terrorists". the terrorists are the ones killing and causing terror. ..not muslims. ..not radicals.
edit on 6-3-2011 by urmenimu2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by urmenimu2

Do you have any proof backing your "fact" that 1% are radicals?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join