It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Expat888

I appreciate your support, but would like to openly state that I don't agree with grouping "them" as westerners for the simple fact that I'm an American, born and raised, so I'm just as western as the next man. (but I still rep the east COAST =])

No worries - mean pple in western countries when I mention westerners as have seen the same attitude in many countries there.. No offense intended usually thats how we refer to people from u.s , uk, canada, france etc here in asia.. Half awake at moment was up all night as was in nearby village delivering a baby am off to sleep shortly.. lol tired and my rusty english showing..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Dude I consider myself a Christian and I get lamb basted pretty good about that. I also could care less I am much more offended when people blast my Jesus. No worries, there is bad everywhere but, don't leave because of it. Think of all the fun you'll miss. PEACE

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by primus2012

That is an ideal only taught in the Shi'a sect of Islam. The Qur'an is where it's at for me, and it clearly states that lying under any circumstance is a sin. You know just like Jesus taught us not to lie? Yes I say US because I regard Jesus in a high place. Jesus is, according to my teachings, among the greatest of God's prophets. But you don't have to take my word for anything...

Well then may God and/or Allah bless you and give you strength of conviction and the wisdom to open the hearts and minds of others; Muslim, Christian, Jew alike.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
If you could read the book that was written before yours you would see that Jesus is a human form of God sent to us on earth because Humans can not look at God in his normal form. His face is as bright as the sun.

What year was the Bible written?

What year was the Quran written?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have no reason to believe you, simply because I don't know you, not because of your religion. For this case I choose to believe you, just because I don't think a person should have to carry the burdening reputation that another brings them...not everyone is the same. This also applies to ats, just because you have met some narrow minded people does not mean everyone else is that way. We are all human. (except for a few bots and maybe aliens that hang around the net
)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That's how many people are on ATS, sadly. I agree with you though. Doesn't matter what gender/color/religion you are/have we are all humans. Your the same as me. I was just thinking about this about 5 minutes ago, how every race and country has its problems. Im white and many people i've had problems with throughout my life have been white and American also. Same goes for every other race/country im sure. So people just need to see we are literally all alike, as a species. We all have good and bad people within our area. It's basic, so I don't know why some people can't just understand that.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

i'm going to bed . tired of coming on this site and having people state there case on a message board . who cares what you are . we all die in the end .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
Ok you ready?

You're lying

Skate delivers the LOL more consistently than any other poster I've found. Kudos!
)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Well friend, I'm going to take you at face value. I dont know you so I cant "read" you.

this is another "reformation" (dont want to say "reformed") muslim. Dr. Zuhdi Jasser

Soros’ Media Matters Attacks Conservative Muslim Activist

www.theblaze.com...

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., will hold his much-anticipated hearing on “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and that Community’s Response” next week.

One panelist who plans to testify at the hearing is Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, a former Navy Lieutenant Commander and founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, a non-profit organization whose missions is to promote Islam’s compatibility with democracy and American values, including freedom of religion, freedom of speech and gender equality.

Dr. Zuhdi Jasser
In addition, the AIFD opposes political Islam and supports Israel, saying “we feel it is necessary to make a foundational position statement regarding the state of Israel. We stand in support of the existing unqualified recognition of the state of Israel behind internationally recognized borders.” The group also supports the creation of an independent Palestine, saying “we also separately stand in recognition of the need for the completion of the formation of an independent Palestinian state on the current ”occupied territories” living side by side next to the established state of Israel.”

In advance of his testimony, George Soros-funded Media Matters has attacked Jasser as a “conspiracy-touting credential-free star witness” of King’s upcoming hearing, dismissing him as a “physician and former U.S. Navy medical officer with no background in law enforcement or public policy.”

“What Jasser lacks in expertise, he makes up for in ties to right-wing media figures, appearances in documentaries that have been rejected by PBS and the New York Police Department, and a willingness to call Muslim civil rights groups with which he disagrees ‘fronts’ for the Muslim Brotherhood,” Media Matters writes.

As conservative blogger Dan Riehl notes, having an expertise in a particular policy area is often not a requisite for providing testimony before Congress:

What Jasser is, is engaged, active and interested in calling out fellow Muslims perceived as not having America’s best interests at heart. We know this from simply observing the behavior of organizations such as CAIR, and others. Though often subtle, what those groups do is trumpet a Muslim identity politics, or Islam, over an American identity and straight-forward dedication to American exceptionalism and our Constitution. Jasser offers a competing view. For that and that alone, the Left now seeks to silence him. …

If one wants absolute proof that MMFA’s attack on Jasser is utterly ridiculous, one need look no further than the case of Cindy Sheenhan. Not only did the Left do everything it could to make her a media star, there were never any complaints from Media Matters when she was called to testify before Congress. If the knock on Dr. Jasser is that he has no background in law enforcement or public policy, what was Sheehan’s background in military strategy, international relations, or public policy that qualified her to offer testimony? The answer is none, of course. The only difference is that Sheehan agreed with the Left and the likes of Media Matters. …

Aside from Sheehan, did Media Matters ever question Democrats’ invitation to have comedian Stephen Colbert testify on farm subsidies, or actor Ben Affleck’s apparent expertise on the Congo?

Kevin Costner has weighed in on how best to clean up the Gulf oil spill and Sheryl Crow has testified in support of copyright laws.

Nicole Kidman told members of Congress that domestic violence is bad (duh) and one of the Jonas brothers testified to get more funding for diabetes research.

The only “expertise” these individuals have is being public celebrities used to the limelight whose names draw media attention.

“All [Media Matters] demonstrates with their unfounded attack on Jasser is their typical jackbooted approach to silencing all dissent,” Riehl concludes. “Disagree with them and you are ripe for smearing, undermining and running into the ground if they can.”

Jasser is well-read, well-researched and is a leading figure in his field of expertise. And if all that weren’t enough to justify his congressional testimony for Media Matters, Jasser recently revealed to the Washington Post his most notable qualification: “A lifetime of practicing my faith.”

This cat seems legit. Saw him on Beck the other night. (groans from the audience)

If yall could get your comrades on board and find your "Martin Luther" (and have him survive fatwas), I think things could get better REGARDLESS of the PTB.

I get on with most any other religion. I really dont like having one I despise but at the moment, Islam is the sole place holder of my ire.

Good luck to yall. Your gonna need it.

I'll defend any person that comes in friendship and truth.
edit on 5/3/11 by felonius because: add

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Listening to Dr. Jasser, much of the "screwed up" stuff, is from the hadith commentaries on the koran. Kinda like peter and pauls BS in the new testament. IMHO, they fouled a great deal of Jesus' works up. Hell, the two constructs of P and P could have been roman creations to further their own wishes politcally.

Do you agree?
edit on 5/3/11 by felonius because: sp

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

reply to post by RRokkyy

How is spirituality not about belief? Please enlighten me.

You are lying to yourself. All religions are political terrorist cults. They start by terrorizing their own members. Religion is just a form of pagan beliefs and self hypnosis. They represent a childish adaptation to life. Your own cherry picked version would not even be accepted by most Muslims. Just what is it about religion that you need? Spirituality is about self transcendence,oneness, not belief.

All belief is a form of limitation.-John Lilly,MD

Children believe what they are told.
Adolescents deny and rebel against what they are told.
Mature adults take up the way of Self Sacrifice.
This is about surrendering the mind and body in the Divine.
Spirituality is about surrendering the EGO.
Beliefs are what have to be surrendered in Spirituality.

All Beliefs are a form of consolation for the EGO.
The first thing religions do is tell you if dont
believe you will be damned to Hell. That is terrorism.

Children need a reassuring father/mother figure.

Tells us what makes Islam better than any other
belief? Some people just like being controlled.
They like being treated like children. Whats
with you?
You are lying to yourself.
There is nothing you can believe that makes it so.
Reality can only be Intuited as Love/Bliss/Fullness.
Ask the Red Queen.
You,like all religious people have no Faith in Reality,
only fear, which you conceal with your beliefs.

edit on 5-3-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

You are limiting yourself by believing that John Lilly's quote is completely true

Just because something is between quotation marks doesn't make it smart. I believe in the goodness of all mankind at the very core. I do not find that to be a limitation at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

Originally posted by Sky watcher
If you could read the book that was written before yours you would see that Jesus is a human form of God sent to us on earth because Humans can not look at God in his normal form. His face is as bright as the sun.

What year was the Bible written?

What year was the Quran written?

The bible is very old. The Torah of Moses (first 5 Books of the Old Testament and of the Tanakh or Hebrew Bible) is believed to have been written between 1300-1200 BCE. And books/teachings were added up to around the 5th century.

The New Testament Gospels would have been written very soon after Christ's crucifiction as they were written firsthand by witnesses.

The Catholic version of the Bible was assembled at the Council of Rome in 382 CE.

The Qur'an is believed to have been written shortly after the death of Muhammad in 632 CE.

Thanks Wiki
Wiki - The Bible

Wiki - The Old Testament

Wiki - The Qur'an

Wiki - The Tanakh

edit on 5-3-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Never did I say I have a problem with people hating radicals, I'm happy to hate right along with them. The only thing I have a problem with is being called a liar and being grouped in with the same demons I speak out against. Please don't add extra to what I said.

I wasn't aware that I implied that you have a problem with people hating radicals. My apologies if I worded my post wrong.

The whole jist of my post was that if you are tired of non Muslims thinking that all Muslims are haters, then maybe people like you, peaceful Muslims, should talk to your fellow Muslims who hate and try to talk some sense into them. They are more likely to listen to a fellow Muslim than someone like me who is not a Muslim.

Don't worry about people who think you're a liar, they're not important.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Are you for Saxon weregild law, in any shape or form? Think carefully before answering; do you want your nation's law, to be founded on any part, by the laws of 4th century raiders and pillagers?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Ok, sorry. Its a long thread and i just wanted to address the main points of your original post.

Im glad your making an effort.

Although i am well read in the threat radical islam poses to the west, and moderate muslims aswell, I do not go so far as the christian right does as to imagine all of Islam is evil, or bad, or that all muslims are scret conspirators. That is simply not true and those peddle that rhetoric..typically coming from the christian far right, have their own twisted radial agenda going on.

Unfortunately, Wahibism, which in turn inspired the muslim brotherhood, al-qaida, and other terrorist groups seems to garner most of the attention. The main issue is with this 'fringe' group, which initself comrpises a very large number - much larger than extremist left groups in the west and with much more financial support, media outreach (like Yusuf Al-Qadarawi's show on Al Jazeera) and this additional issue of the liberal media ignoring the real threat that this theological wing of Islam represents to the western world, and indeed all people.

UIltimately i do feel bad, because Islam to me represents an authentic religious expression of worship for the one G-d. Allah, is derived from the Aramic, Elah, which in turn is derived from the Hebrew, Eloah (the root of Elohim). Theres a reason for this. Allah represents law and order. He is a G-d who demands justice which ironically those who kill in the name of Allah continuously transgress. I respect Islam and i hope and pray those moderates - which to me might even be a bit disparaging, because Islam should be a religion that doesnt impose its beliefs on others, as Judaism has always been, and as Christianity should be aswell.

As for the anger you must have for them. I can imagine, on a lesser scale. There are Jews (Im not a Jew, though i do follow Judaism) who have a very bigotted hatred for muslims. Not many Jews, and prodigiously less than the percentrage of Muslims who despise Jews, but nonethless, there are Jews who sincerely believe every single Muslims is a radical who has no sincere relationship with the creator; who doesnt subscribe to the popular doctrine, or the Islamic creed us westerners hear so much about - of Jihad on the Kuffar.

So, while i recognize a threat, i dont want people to think that this theology which motivates these attacks is an inherent part of Islam. G-d would not plant a religion on this earth that would grow to a billion plus just so they could wreak havoc on everyone else.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I mean this in the most respectful way possible so here it is:

I believe your not lying and your best bet is to not leave ATS, but separate from your religion as your religion stands for what you say you don't. You may be peaceful, but as written by Muhammed spoken word for word by Allah, your religion requires all to convert over to Islam and for those that don't they shall be killed. So there you have it, the answer you were looking for,

Best of luck

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

OP, I'll believe you.
Just as in WW II, there were many germans who didn't belong to the nazi party and didn't like what their country was doing, I'm sure that there are muslims who don't agree with the fanatics and are privately shocked by Shariah and the war and the suicide bombs et al.
But, just like the many germans who may have disagreed with the practices of their ruling political party, most muslim remain silent to the actions being taken today in many parts of the world.

I have stated many times that I feel that islam is more a political ideology than a religion, only because they use this religion to dominate, to rule, to force edicts throughout most of the countries that they reside.

So, in answer to the original post, are you a bad person just because you're a muslim? No.
But don't think for an instant that just because there are good muslims, that it negates the horrors perpetrated in the name of islam.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

As does Judaism. And Christianity. Back in the day, so did adherents to Sol Invictus. And the early Buddhists bought into it, as well. It seems to be an important part of monotheism.

Of course, the overwhelmingly vast majority of all these people don't do any of this, and saying "OMG IT'S IN A BOOK SO YOU HAVE TO BE JUST LIKE IT" is about as ridiculous as accusing someone of being a child rapist because they have "Lolita" in their library.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The problem is not with you , the problem is with your religion itself..
Christianity may have been barbaric in the past but now they have learned to adapt.. well most of them have...
If people can keep thier religion to themselves and keep it civil then fine but it should not be broadcast around the world and we shouldnt have to make exceptions for muslims.....

The main point is that we have come so far now that anyone who believes in a god of any kind is simply dillusional insecure and in real need for something to believe in.

And unfortunatly islam is one of the most backward practices around today, like the situation in yemen,, theyre killing each other everyday most people have to live on less than 2 dollars a day and you can be jailed for speaking out against the government.....
Oh and they marry off thier daughters as young as ten..... now in the real world we call people like that sex offenders and peadophiles but in islam they call it tradition...

I dont know if your lying or not and like most people i dont care... Religion is whats stopped humanity from moving forward and you people fight to keep a fairy tale belief alive.... sadly you are the problem,,,

The solution........ easy. Get everyone to let these silly beliefs go and start working towards a better world today as opposed to how many virgins allah will give you if you blow yourself up

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join