It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

*sigh* As previously stated, that is a SHI'A teaching. But tell me sir, what would be my point in trying to deceive you, or anybody else on this site? It's not like you know me, and me "deceiving" you would benefit me in NO way..

As for the cited Quranic verses, if you actually read them on your own, outside of a website and definitely outside of wikipedia you would know that the concept of taking a non believer as a friend to guard yourself was revealed during a time of torture and hardcore oppression to the Muslims in Arabia. That's exactly why I say that people have to learn to apply the faith to 2011 But you don't HAVE to believe anything I say.
edit on 5-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: added

Sure it would benefit you because you'd be helping to spread Islam. If people think it's all good and non violent they would convert. That's the goal get as many converts as possible.

Do you follow 100% everything written for your religion?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If I wanted to you to convert I'd be preaching. Be serious though. I don't want you to convert, I don't care if you convert. I seriously couldn't care LESS. I'm just trying to eradicate the hate. If my goal was to convert the masses, I would start with the christians and the agnostics in my own family. helllooooo

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

As it applies in this day and age yes. Which is how every religious individual should follow their religion.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

As it applies in this day and age yes. Which is how every religious individual should follow their religion.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

How is spirituality not about belief? Please enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

If I wanted to you to convert I'd be preaching. Be serious though. I don't want you to convert, I don't care if you convert. I seriously couldn't care LESS. I'm just trying to eradicate the hate. If my goal was to convert the masses, I would start with the christians and the agnostics in my own family. helllooooo

It wouldn't be directly converting but it would be working in the cause to eventually cause people to convert.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

That was what I was implying. Every single religion has outdated beliefs like women being less equal to men, incest being okay, slavery condoned and so forth. I find it hypocrisy when someone will question how much of a religion someone else follows when they can't respond in kind.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

So you're saying the only option is to hate muslims or be converted? I'd advise you to turn off Fox News because it sounds like that's where what you THINK you know about Islam comes from. But you're entitled to your opinion and view, and I'm allowed to disagree with it. You have grouped 1.3 billion people into a TINY little matchbox. So I'm willing to agree to disagree.

With Love
peace

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here you are My.Mind.Is.Mine, talking as a normal everyday Muslim with no hate inside you and yet still there are some who will not accept that you are what you say you are.

If you had come here saying every woman should be wearing a burqua, the West must convert, Sharia for all, you would have had one almighty arguement on your hands...but they would have believed you.

Seems to me those who say Islam is intolerant are just as intolerant themselves.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sure it would benefit you because you'd be helping to spread Islam. If people think it's all good and non violent they would convert. That's the goal get as many converts as possible.

Strangely enough, while living in Germany and meeting many Muslim people and living with one for a year, none ever tried to convert me to Islam. Yes, we had discussions about religion, about Islam and about his culture in Marocco, but never did he try to convert me. Same goes for many Muslim Turks I met and with some I was friends with. Can't say the same thing for Christians, especially those of the born-again type.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
I have nothing against Islam, I have spent two years of my life in Muslim countries and have good memories of my time spent with those of the Islamic faith, but your leaders need to step up and help stop the violence. They could if they wanted to, but they don't.

What countries did you spend your 2 years in? As a civilian or as miltary personnel?

link   
reply to post by Dendro

I think that's one of the main fuels to the fire of radicals. Somebody needs to shoot them with a calender missile so they can understand that this is 2011 where people would LIKE to coexist..

link   

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Intolerance is everywhere, it just shows itself in a multiplicity of different forms. It's pretty whack if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Strangely enough, while living in Germany and meeting many Muslim people and living with one for a year, none ever tried to convert me to Islam. Yes, we had discussions about religion, about Islam and about his culture in Marocco, but never did he try to convert me. Same goes for many Muslim Turks I met and with some I was friends with. Can't say the same thing for Christians, especially those of the born-again type.

Strange how it is Christians/Jehova Witnesses who harass me at the entrances and exits of metro stations. Christians, Mormons, JWs who are knocking at my door trying to tell me the word of God.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Umm, ok. Well I'm also in the southeastern U.S. Would you like to rendezvous so that you can kill me for being a non violent muslim?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Strange, strange indeed. No muslims with a Qur'an and a machete threatening to steal your neck?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Nope, no recollection of any situations like that. Hmm... in fact the people who judge and condemn me the most are the Christians.

I should clarify too, that it isn't all Christians, just the fundamental crazies.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Something about those fundamentalists, muslim, christian, and jewish alike. I think their title should be changed from fundamental muslims/christians/jews to time machine muslims/christians/jews.

edit on 5-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: corrected spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join