It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinoza73

Have you read any books on the troubles with Islam?

For someone living in a country with a 8.8% muslim population, you should be more than uncomfortable with the overbearing influence of this supposed "oppressed minority"

No group asks more than the Muslims. It is by no means coincidence that UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden (etc) have such large Muslim populations.

A muslims commitment is to Islam, first and foremost. If the Muslim world on the whole begins to adopt an attitude or universal Jihad, maybe in response to signs of the "apocalypse", i would not be surprised to see this Muslim contingent within European (and American, Canadian, Australian society) pick up their proselytization activities.

The Imam Mahdi will be a warrior prophet. If he doesnt pursuade non muslims of the prophets message through education, he'll do it with the sword.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the choice is a simple one. look for the light in others or seek out the darkness in them. boils down
to attitude. tarring all of one tribe with the same brush is quite immature and one should instead
spend this precious time seeking out what lurks in their own dark places. i have walked the arab/muslim
lands and i have felt no fear, only devotion to obligations from those i met. those who look down on
others may well soon find themselves looking up to them. another facet of learning to finally let go. it
will happen sooner or later. the beautiful equation awaits us all for an energy audit. in my humble
opinion of course!
regards fakedirt

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I guess you fall into the category of "Christians" that refuse to submit to the authority of scripture, and believe that there is more than 1 way to the Father, despite Christ saying He is the only way....

Point being, you have left the orthodox faith and like them have started your own buffet style where you keep what you like, and ignore the undesirables. To be the "best" Christian, one must act like Christ. To be the best Muslim, one must act like Muhammed. Last I checked, he was down for murdering, beheading, raping, stealing etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
oops
edit on 28-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Religion is a snare and a racket in that it divides, if we all got rid of religion completely and just became more spiritual human beings aka not slaughtering, raping and betraying one another.....we'd all be much closer to godliness.

Just a cliffnote here, christianity can certainly point no fingers when it comes to lieing and deceiving and mass genocide (do I really need to give a history lesson? didn't think so) and I say that being brought up in a fundamentalist christian religion. Defining anyone as 'a muslim or a christian or a jew' is deficating all over the fact that they are a fellow human being first. Until we get rid of all the hatred between all religions, we are screwed as a planet.

Do I judge you for being muslim, of course not. Do I judge some people who happen to be muslim and do disgusting things under the guise of holiness? Heck ya, but I also judge the christians who do the same, jews who do the same, etc. A person is not their religion, an individual is defined by their personal character. Perhaps giving benefit of the doubt to our fellow human beings isn't such a bad idea. Just a thought.

You happen to be a person who practices Islam, I happen to be a person who would like to see an end to all religion, I'm cool with you, hope you are cool with me.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Thanks for your bravery to say this. The problem here is that "one bad apple spoils the bunch".
When a bomb explodes in the name of islam and gets international headlines, the reputation of all muslims is to some extent affected as a result. The same is true when a priest burns a quran and grabs headlines.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
With all due respect, you 'moderates' need to do a better job castigating the radical factions within Islamic communities.

Atleast 90% of terrorist attacks committed today are by radical muslims, fueled by a radical islamic theology which initself is fueled by the Quranic call for Jihad against non muslims.

So, dont try to deflect or extenuate where the problem lies.. The problem is with Islam. "Radical christians' or 'jews' or other radicals of other faiths are not as great a problem as terrorist attacks done in the name of Islam. Infact its hardly heard of, because networks dont have near the numbers, financial support and ideological foundation that Islamism has.

That being said i do respect the more spiritual sides of Islam, like Sufism. I happen to have a book coming dealing with precisely this subject (also book on Rumi's poetry)

actually majority of the terrorist attacks are not commited by muslims.And its not islamism,it is islam.Secondly in islam the greatest jihad you can wage is against your own base self, i.e wage a jihad against all that is bad within yourself.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bugsbunny1967
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Have you ever read the Jewish Talmud? They state that we non Jews, (Goyim), have no souls, were created by God to slave for Jews, that each Jew will be given 2800 souless Goyim to slave for them, that Mary and Christ are blasphemous bastards who are boiling in agony in hell in their own excrement.

Do you agree with that? If not, does that make you an Anti-Semite? This is what RADICAL JEWS believe, not everyday Jews, But in America you won't ever hear that. Oh no. It's only Muslims that can be tarred with the extremists stick never the Jews and never ever Christianity. What about Westboro Church. Are they typical Christians? Are the typical American Christians? The answer is, I hope, no.
well said

Don't tar with the same brush others that you wouldn't be tarred with yourself.

BTW WTF's all that crap about Westboro Church picketing U.S. Army funerals about? If that was Britain, these bastards would get the jail. That's if members of the public didn't rip these idiots limb for limb. And don't give us this crap about their right to do this? Is it your right to shout fire in a crowded Theatre? These idiots should be barricaded in their church and set alight.

edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: misspelled word.

edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: misspelled word

edit on 21-3-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: additional information

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
To the op, much agreed. I hate bigotry of any sense and it just so happens that the machine needs a scapegoat to paint an ugly picture of in order to meet an agenda. That's why in this day of age I always speak out against bigotry and prejudice and especially for Muslims. As a student of philsophy I can stand to see hypocrites preaching freedom and equality rhetoric while they say Muslims are evil. Don't they just contradict themselves.

People in all fields will always come across bigotry in some sense and just because ATS is open for "alternative topics" it doesn't necessarily mean that bigots won't appear and believe me, they do appear on ATS everyday but they won't admit and will go to the grave defended their right to be prejudice

People (Muslims) are NOT evil but evil CAN mislead and lie to people...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It takes bravery to say this. The problem here is that people are generally easy to corrupt, especially when they are not educated, which is a big problem today, which doesnt seem to be improving!

Muslims have a bad reputation in biggest part of non muslim modern world, mostly because muslim countries are target of breaking news and bad things happening. It shouldnt be like that, since the world owes much to this particular religion and knolwedge muslim people contributed.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The Arab Nation was one of the most brilliant in the world. The art, poetry, mathematics astronomy and very much more was second to none, but that was then and since Islam took over their countries that degree of sheer brilliance in so many varied areas of life seems to have slowly faded..

Today we have aspiring Muslim girls wanting to train in fashion design. If they are under a certain age it will be paid for by the tax payer. To be fair, good for them for wanting their independance and use their talent. but unfortunately they can only show their designs for the headless corpse customer, which we don't have a lot of and its unfortunate the black garb,some Muslim women love to wear, is the ugliest thing on the streets of the UK (giving garb a name doesn't make it anything other than garb, although its benefit most women don't realize is that its awfuly cheap for whoever buys her clothes) you would need to be inspired to improve it. So in our pc world it is hoped we won't notice or say what we think about the sublime to the ridiculous in fashion designer training. Also what has to be considered is
If they are shoved into arranged marriages they won't finish their courses and will find themselves expected to have a number of children as they are potential voters for the cause.

However on the other side of the coin there is much wonderfully designed fabric and I have never seen such beautiful scarves as those coming out of the Muslim world where the women in Egypt, Iran etc have made wearing them a beautiful, elegant work of art. I have also seen some beautiful designs for everyday clothes with an eastern look to the long coat, trouser outfit and the colours brighten any street anywhere.

But I can't see much of the 'other side of the coin' for successful for young talented and ambitious Muslim girls when some of the Muslim men are determined to stop these girls getting educated, having businesses and see them purely as slaves and breed mares.

If you listen to a man called Choudary and his desire to bring the UK under Sharia Law and hold regular stonings of dissidents etc you might dismiss him as a viscous little nasty power mongrel whom, if he wasn't trumping Islam you wouldn't give him a second glance unless he is modelling the latest pink beard, let alone listen to the man.

However, you will today hear the voices of Western men there, standing next to Choudary and the women in garbs and there is the problem. There is a very true little saying out of context but the point is perfect. 'There is none so pious as a reformed smoker'. Since these men have given up the lifestyles they know and Choudary or his cronies have reformed them into Islamic frenzies, they are utterly dangerous and determined to get their own way. They now don't see even their own non-islamic relatives as human. Watching one of them talking, you immediately saw he was actually getting off on the idea of a jihad. His concept of murder as being a crime had been erased from his mind and now he views murdering people, who wouldn't convert and conform to his new ideas as a good and right thing for which he will be rewarded in Islam's heaven. Presumably he hopes virgins galore await him.

Going to the OA I don't know you and I have to be honest, religion isn't a factor with old or meeting new friends except when a friend is coming to visit I ensure I have the things in they enjoy.

Its actually the reformed religious man who has become a new volatile breed of dangerous ideological hater which he seeks to unleash against his own people that makes him so scary and disgusting. If one goes on a site like this and posts, you know others will disagree with you and could well be sarky, rude and try to intimidate you - you take it in your stride - can't agree with everyone and you can agree to disagree.

I have to admit that guy won round 1 totally simply because, initially I was in a reasonably light irritated state at the thought of those men and women sponging off the people they professed to be non human to a state of such emotional fury I am ashamed to own what I would have liked very much to do. I still wouldn't promise if I saw him and he was shouting his head off my umbrella would not take a trip onto his vicinity. His religious politics would rob every young girl of any form of education and life of her own and that would include my grandaughter. Another clever suggestion was shutting down businesses x times a day to pray

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

Mod Note: One-Line or Short Responses
edit on Sun May 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: links added

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
99,99% of the world population is stupid, since internet is going everywhere man, your trying to fight ignorance, you just wont be able to

pray to your god to make people smarter, dont waste your time discussing this on this boards, as I said, its useless

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

My point in discussing it on boards, was so I could really understand peoples stance against little ole me.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
All foreign radicals should be deported from the UK immediately. And foreign does not exclude thos born on UK soil. It means any one who isnt native.

If they refuse to explain their countries of origin then they get a lucky dip. No more mosque building uintil the other mosques are de-terrorised.

To the guy who started this thread - moderate muslims do not do enough to tackle extremists. You either simply ignore the problem or only when they aren't around. That's what it seems like and I do feel sorry for you because they're taking a giant sh!t on your reputation.

That's the opinion of most people.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My response to the OP is that you shouldn't feel singled out by someone like me. I find all religion repulsive. It's my opinion and I am not ashamed of it. Organized religion is used as much for evil as it is for good. I do not and will not disregard all acts committed under a specific religion. If you belong to that religion then your enemy are those that give these impressions to the rest of the world.

Have a good one.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The blame lies with western governments who have been hell bent on crushing Muslims ever since the crusader days..they spread hatred through our media and call them terrorists ,which i find ironic as america is the biggest terrorist country in the world..thousands of innocent Muslims have been murdered because of western greed and control,then wonder why other countries hate them with a passion ..the american and British governments must be rubbing there hands together with the hornets nest they have stirred up..i pledge allegiance to NO flag,i will not follow any government that spreads terror to under developed countries because of there potential wealth..and no i'm not a Muslim or a Christian or a terrorist ..i'm a free spirit ...note..( when mentioning countries i'm referring to there governments polices ,not the people who live there)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its important to remember that Christianity is 600 years older than Islam, and has matured much like people do. If you do the math (assuming year 1 A.D. as the start of Christianity) Islam is at the level of the 1400's for Christianity. For those who do not realize thats smack dab in the middle of the dark ages in Europe the time of the inquisitions and rampant corruption of the catholic church. I think that the Muslim world is in its own version of the dark ages at the moment, utilizing their own unique and horrible methods. I don't believe what we are seeing is the actual face of Islam just some lack of maturity on the part of the religion as a whole.

Also, don't forget that the media only talks about or shows the vocal minority not the normal everyday Muslim follower.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

dont let those idiots get to you or they would have won, there are good and bad in every race and there are some days i am ashamed to be white. dont waste your energy on such people and just laugh at there ignorance. peace bro.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Christiantiy,Judaism, and Islam are all racist religions.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join