It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm not obsessed with anything.
I'm as free as ever. Free to do good, free to do bad.

I can't speak for everyone, but my own goal is simply to live peacefully with everyone else. It will never in 1000 lifetimes be possible to convert everyone to Islam so if that is anyones goal they should drop it and work on their own soul and spirit. The same people walking around preaching Islam peacefully or NOT need to look in the mirror and realize that they are terribly imperfect individuals.

I have 1 wife, and 2 children.. you answer that for yourself.

ok, thanks for your answer although i don't believe you don't know what the aim is....

but fanatical? Do you prey 5 times a day? Not shave? follow the rules strictly? This is what i mean by obsessed and not free

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So you're saying a christian who observes the sabbath and makes sure they're in church every sunday is not free? They have the FREEDOM to do it, or not to do it. Just as I do. I CHOOSE to pray (not prey) 5 times a day.

And how would 1.3 billion people all have the same aim? Is that even possible? There is no "the aim" for all muslims. There isn't even UNITY with muslims so how is there an aim??
edit on 6-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: added

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I can see why everyone would be against the Ahmadiyya sect.

It's kinda like Rapturists Christians here in the US who created the whole rapture BS in the mid 1800s. It still caught on with the Baptists thought.
edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Explain how you can see why everyone would be against the Ahmadiyya sect. Your comparison to Rapturist Christians makes absolutely no sense and is no way a good comparison.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by goh13

Originally posted by Dinogur
what no ones remembers is that the Muslims tortured members of my faith for not being muslim - what explanation do you have for that?

Where was that and when? Some countries in Islam do not really understand the word " peace " or in Arabic " salam " as in " Islam "

it was in punjab,India around 1500- 1700 during Mughal Empire- ur people (muslims) killed children of my faith threatening their mothers to change faith. Your people got so desperate that they put a 200 rp. bounty on any sikh head. yea Sikh's heard of em 5th largest religion in the world and one of the newest ones

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

What a disgusting misuse of the word holocaust. So 1,417 people killed, 500 of whom were miltants, is now akin to 6,000,000 Jews hunted down throughout Europe and thrown into concentration camps, gassed and cremated?

And way to ignore the point i made about the Copts. It was a Muslim radical who blew himself and killed 21 Coptic Christians in Alexandria on January 1st, 2011. Not the IDF.

BTW, whats your opinion about the palestinian media? Frankly, a media that vitriolocly intent on spreading lies about Jews to incite terrorism on innocent israeli civilians are more than fair game in my opinion. The Jews didnt have the liberty to spread propaganda about the germans in their concentration camps. No, on the contrary, they werent even fed, they were put to hard labor for IG Farben and the german war machine.

These comparisons made by twisted liberals are absolutely depraved. Why not concentrate on the issue of this thread,. Muslim extremism; which is quite prevalent in Egypt. And what may i ask were you doing living in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan? Those are the 3 main centers for muslim extremism. And how exactly were you privileged to witness cast lead? You sound like you work for British or American intelligence. Explains your "buddhist" beliefs, which btw is another way to say nihilism, and relativism, and a belief that evil,lies etc when put to 'good ends' are justified.
edit on 6-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Exactly!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

What a disgusting misuse of the word holocaust. So 1,417 people killed, 500 of whom were miltants, is now akin to 6,000,000 Jews hunted down throughout Europe and thrown into concentration camps, gassed and cremated?

And way to ignore the point i made about the Copts. It was a Muslim radical who blew himself and killed 21 Coptic Christians in Alexandria on January 1st, 2011. Not the IDF.

BTW, whats your opinion about the palestinian media? Frankly, a media that vitriolocly intent on spreading lies about Jews to incite terrorism on innocent israeli civilians are more than fair game in my opinion. The Jews didnt have the liberty to spread propaganda about the germans in their concentration camps. No, on the contrary, they werent even fed, they were put to hard labor for IG Farben and the german war machine.

These comparisons made by twisted liberals are absolutely depraved. Why not concentrate on the issue of this thread,. Muslim extremism; which is quite prevalent in Egypt. And what may i ask were you doing living in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan? Those are the 3 main centers for muslim extremism. And how exactly were you privileged to witness cast lead? You sound like you work for British or American intelligence. Explains your "buddhist" beliefs, which btw is another way to say nihilism, and relativism, and a belief that evil,lies etc when put to 'good ends' are justified.

Do not make me open up my books and find all the relevant quotes From Egyptian and Arab league officials (which is located in Egypt) before the 1948 War threatening to destroy the Jews "and throw them into the sea". Muslim extremism and aggression towards Jews specifically can traced specifically to the Saudis and Egyptians.

If you're going to speak about the Israel/Palestine conflict, here's my suggestion. Let's forget "media" and "terrorism" and other buzz words for a second, and look at the facts.

There were WAY MORE Palestinians killed in the conflict than Israelis. The constant agressor in this conflict has been Israel. To say anything otherwise is just ridiculous.

My mind is mine, do not compromise your kindness. You've adressed pretty much every point made, and yet a new person will ask you the same question another time. Keep it up, but if it gets to you too much, just remember that you tried
People need to remember, WE ARE ALL HUMAN. There is no 'Muslim takeover' as there is a 'Zionist takeover'. Muslim extremism is a big problem that needs to be taken care of, but need I remind that just a few days ago 9 Afghanistani children were killed in an 'accident'. These situations have more than just religion driving them, and the fact that a whole war was started off of a lie should let you know that fighting is a part of human nature. In order to love, we sadly need to have the option of hatred and war as well. Let us choose love and remember that we are ALL HUMAN

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

edit on 6-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

And I'm pretty sure that you would agree that the majority of the violence that has occured in Egypt was due to Mubarak and his cronies right? So what is your take on the fact that Muslims, Christians, and Atheists alike were standing up to a violent force that was put into power by the American govt. (not ripping on America, I live there).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Umm, yes I've heard of 'em, I don't live under a rock. I actually work with a Sikh. Beautiful people. =)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. PeaceLoveLight

Me too
Wouldn't dare to call anyone a liar since every individual is free what to think or believe IMHO.

However, I do not believe in a God presented by any Faith, since religions are often based in doctrines and have often leaders that rule with no interest in the people but rather rule by their own (economical or other) power.

Religions have been for many centuries, the food/fuel to start wars all over the world. Wars for all the wrong reasons ...... since there is NO reason to make war, ever.

There is a Creative Consiouness, an Intelligent Design that stood at the Beginning of ALL matter
a Power that is Mysterious but to be felt in the tones of sound and silence.

Believe what you like. Say what you like. Speak from your Heart. Hurt no others, since ALL is ONE.

Light&Love! Namasté

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by goh13

what no ones remembers is that the Muslims tortured members of my faith for not being muslim - what explanation do you have for that?

Where was that and when? Some countries in Islam do not really understand the word " peace " or in Arabic " salam " as in " Islam "

it was in punjab,India around 1500- 1700 during Mughal Empire- ur people (muslims) killed children of my faith threatening their mothers to change faith. Your people got so desperate that they put a 200 rp. bounty on any sikh head. yea Sikh's heard of em 5th largest religion in the world and one of the newest ones

If your poeple did an atack on muslims, we had the right to so. Because, well , you started it :p

But, if Muslims did started it, I really would not call them Muslims. " you have my religon and I have mine " is a proverb said in Islam by the Prophet Muhammad. As in " I would not hit if you do not hit me " and to break the rules of Islam is like to not be a Muslims at all. [ A strict military rule is not to kill a child, an elderly or a woman in the time of war. ]

I may seem to be on the Muslims side but, I really can not put my opinion with better words.
edit on 6-3-2011 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by goh13

"To you YOUR religion, and to me mine."
You kinda got a type there...
edit on 6-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Alrighty, so you follow the Qoran. Therefor your not violent or extremist according to yourself.

I disagree entirely sir.... Let me pull up a few quotes from your oh-so-holy book.

First of all, let's look at this Mohammed fellow who you worship. According to your book -
Mohammed is considered a prophet and the ideal man. (Koran 68:4, 33:21)

So Mohammed is your role model if you follow the Qoran... By reading this book & following this religion, you condone these acts he partook in (And don't you dare say that you only believe certain parts of the Qoran because that discredits the whole book/your faith in it)

Mohammed orders anyone leaving Islam to be killed. (Koran 2:217, 4:89)
Mohammed curses his aunt and uncle to hell. (Koran Chapter 111)
Mohammed got 20 percent of all stolen property. (Koran 8:41)
Mohammed had over 50 sex slaves and wives. (Koran 4:3, :24, 5:89, 23:5, 33:50, 58:3, 70:30)
Mohammed alone was allowed to have unlimited wives. (Koran 33:50)
Mohammed was ordered by All*h to marry his adopted son's stunning wife. (Koran 33:37)

I'm sorry that your getting tired of people hating muslims, but im getting tired of idiots like you following a religion based on paedophilia, rape & the subservience of women.

Oh and you say your tolerant of other religions? Check out 8.55 in the Koran. Apparently "the vilest of animals” are the kuffar or non believers.

Please, explain how you can support such a disgusting faith sir.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

Thank you, glad we got that sorted. l sometimes end with Peace and love but only when l mean lt. l do appreciate you correcting the error. Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by YouNeedMt

LMAO at the fact that you think I worship Muhammad when I in fact worship GOD. Everything you posted was a lie, considering the highest number of Wives Muhammad had at one time was 9, and as they passed away he stayed with the number 4. He did not have an adopted son, ever. And back then, it was normal to kill anyone who left any religion, as it isn't anymore. Get off wikipedia, get to a library or go talk to a real muslim. And I don't know wassup with you and some other people just calling me an idiot like you know me. Real talk that's NOT wassup.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouNeedMt
Alrighty, so you follow the Qoran. Therefor your not violent or extremist according to yourself.

I disagree entirely sir.... Let me pull up a few quotes from your oh-so-holy book.

First of all, let's look at this Mohammed fellow who you worship. According to your book -
Mohammed is considered a prophet and the ideal man. (Koran 68:4, 33:21)

So Mohammed is your role model if you follow the Qoran... By reading this book & following this religion, you condone these acts he partook in (And don't you dare say that you only believe certain parts of the Qoran because that discredits the whole book/your faith in it)

Mohammed orders anyone leaving Islam to be killed. (Koran 2:217, 4:89)
Mohammed curses his aunt and uncle to hell. (Koran Chapter 111)
Mohammed got 20 percent of all stolen property. (Koran 8:41)
Mohammed had over 50 sex slaves and wives. (Koran 4:3, :24, 5:89, 23:5, 33:50, 58:3, 70:30)
Mohammed alone was allowed to have unlimited wives. (Koran 33:50)
Mohammed was ordered by All*h to marry his adopted son's stunning wife. (Koran 33:37)

I'm sorry that your getting tired of people hating muslims, but im getting tired of idiots like you following a religion based on paedophilia, rape & the subservience of women.

Oh and you say your tolerant of other religions? Check out 8.55 in the Koran. Apparently "the vilest of animals” are the kuffar or non believers.

Please, explain how you can support such a disgusting faith sir.

Not a muslim, but raised in a Muslim family.

First off, I just have two questions. Have you read the Quran? And by read, I mean read, not to condemn, but to just read. Second off, what was your source for this. Was it any of: Jihadwatch.com, Religionofpeace.com, Prophetofdoom.com? If not please source.

And also, if you could, please provide the quotes in full context. Thank you

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And by "not a muslim", I mean that I believe in a just god, and that is about it. I do love religion and religious people though, the vast majority I've met have been very sincere, humble people.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Mmkae, i'm not on wikipedia dude i'm just reading translations from your book. I apologize i misrepresented the amount of wive's your paedophile prophet had....

So he had 9 wives? Do you believe that this is moral? Because if so you believe in the subservience of women, and if not then you are not a true follower of your faith.

Here's another exert from 65:4 - 'لَمْ يَحِضْنَ' that translates directly to 'not menstruated yet' aka PAEDOPHILIA.

Explain to me how your religion does not condone the marriage and 'sex' (rape) of prepubscent girls.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpetthief1

The Muslims lost their "holy land" the same way they gained it hundreds of years before, through warfare.... so now they cry because the same thing is done to them. Another example of Muslim hypocrisy...

Good for the original poster if he is really what he says he is. Unfortunately, many other Muslims do not feel that way. It is a responsibility placed on the members of the faith to speak out against injustices committed in the name of their religion. This has never been the case with Islam. Just because other religions have done X doesn't justify the murder of innocents today.

I'm married to a Muslim, we have had to go out of our way to hide from her family. I've witnessed the understanding of Muslims first hand from her family and every time Muslim men see us together. Hopefully the OP can spread some of that understanding to his brothers and sisters of the faith...

I edited because I realized that its not ALL Muslim men, we do know 2 women and 1 man who are our friends and are Muslims and dont care that we are together. So I guess you could count that as 2 men
jk

Just as extremist don't represent the whole religion, neither do you...
edit on 6-3-2011 by infiniteobserver because: Be a little nicer

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If there weren't moderate Muslims then they wouldn't be dying at the hands of radical muslims. Yes, there are moderate muslims, but you can't deny the fact that the Q'uran and other muslim writtings do justify violence. After all Mohammed was a violent man who kept slaves from raided caravans.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join