It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by KingKeever1611

You might want to look up the history of Christianity. It was Rome who spread the religion ie; constantines "conversion".

I'm afraid you need to study history. Roman catholics are not Christians. They are catholics. Get it? you probably don't....

p.s. maria_stardust reported me for posting koran commandments. How odd...conspiracy?
edit on 6-3-2011 by KingKeever1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blaznlex1

edit on 6-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unitedstatesoftheinternet
reply to post by dontreally

That was pretty much my point. War, bloodshed, destruction, hatred.. these things have nothing to do with the poetry of spirituality. There's plenty of atheists that are out and about causing problems, too.. it really doesn't have anything to do with religion. The biggest mafia out there, the governments of the world, want us to think differently because spirituality and atheism are so important to so many that it is easy to split us off like cattle because of differences of opinion, but it has nothing to do with religion.

Oh, yes! Secular Humanism is by their own definition a religion. There was even an early court case declaring it so. The Humanist Manifesto is remarkably close to the Communist Manifesto. Marxists are running rampant in govt today.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How have we arrived at this place where one can proclaim that they follow a given faith, and be denounced and told otherwise? Where one can openly and repeatedly denounce terrorism and violence and be told that they are not a true follower of their chosen faith? Where despite their open condemnation of terrorism and violence and making no effort whatsoever to convert anyone, they can be accused of trying to spread their faith so as to bring the world under its control somehow? Where one can create a topic in self-defense against bigotry, generalization, and groupthink, in an effort to distinguish themselves from the blanket stereotype being applied to them, and are accused of lying for it?

A person says they're Muslim, denounces violence, says they're making an effort to organize like-minded Muslims against terrorism and extremism, explains that the sect and/or form of Islam that he and like-minded people follow is not intolerant toward women or violent, says he does not believe in Sharia law, and people's response is to say he is lying, and trying to convert people.

Violent extremism is a threat. It is a danger. But it is a danger that his man has openly acknowledged and condemned, several times now. There are extremists in the world who do wish to see a global Caliphate established and to convert the whole world. That is a threat. But this too is something this man has condemned and said he does not agree with. I ask you: how is he going to help convert people and take over the world while all the while publicly denouncing it? Through reverse psychology? Because the people who see Islam as evil and seeking to take over the world are going to fall for that, right? Really?

Are people this fearful and do people believe this strongly that the Muslim boogeyman is going to be able to come to America and take it over somehow? As if there's any real chance of people not resisting or everyone just happily converting? If so, then the terrorists have won, for we live in fear of our fellow man, and see Al Qaeda behind every Muslim face. Even those trying to spread goodwill and understanding. Which is what we need to combat this fear in my opinion. But instead of embracing it, we're running in the opposite direction because he might be the boogeyman.

The last thing I ever want to do is offend anyone. But please read OP's posts and think about how his words contrast with those of an extremist, and while doing so, please think about how often people have asked, "Where are all the normal everyday Muslims speaking out against extremism and terror?" Well, here he is! And he's being called a liar.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 3/6/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

edit on 3/6/2011 by AceWombat04 because: added emphasis

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Don't leave and be the proverbial thorn in the side of the Anti Muslim crowd here. We need to hear this from a Muslim.

Screw the haters and racist morons as they are the problem and you are evidently apart of the solution. Stand up to these Anti Muslim threads and shut each and every one down. I will assist you as a Holy Roman Catholic however and whenever I can. You have support and people here who will be willing to stand side by side with you.

Star and flag for you!
edit on 6-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am a Muslim too. And let me tell you this, SOME people will not like even if you saved their lives. Why? Because you are a Muslim and for some reason we are looked down upon. I mean, if I say every US person killed someone in Iraq is crazy, right? So, why does every Muslims seems crazy and wants to kill every US person?

Just like the every Italian is a Mafia boss and just like every black person steals and kills everyone who looks him in the eye, Muslims were born with C4 around them.

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Don't leave ATS. l thought as you do once. l'm glad l stayed, l have learned so much. There are so many really good forums here and l know you will be welcome on any of them. Don't let the ones that are out to goad you win. l am sure you have a lot to contribute to this site. l look forward to seeing you round. Peace and love starchild.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Lol you sound like you used to get bullied in school dude.
And how did you come to that random conclusion from one paragraph. That's off topic on your own thread and making personal comments about a person. What you said is Like me saying, sounds like you were molested by your teacher in suicide bomber school.
edit on 6-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

HAHAHA You fell for it! Are you American? Cause we Americans are way Way more violent then everywhere else. Most people don't understand that Americans are fighting against Americans also. And we do some horrible Horrible things. HAHA I love it,

AMERICA, The Home of The Thieves
Make it here you can make it anywhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

Yes I am American, born, raised, and proud.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Suicide bomber school..... ok..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

As a matter of fact l was able to watch the Palestinian Holocaust, "Cast Lead" lf that helps. sorry OP for being off topic.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

NO l DID NOT. l have never reported anyone on ATS for anything, So don't LIE.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
reply to post by gladtobehere

Spot on, gladtobehere. One of the main reasons we are invading the moslem countries is to get rid of their banking system. l advise these good folk on here to check it out. You see, lt is against their religion to rip their fellow man off and make vast profits , unlike the western banks who get rich off others misery. To establish a one world banking system the moslem one must be eradicated. lnvade and create chaos in every moslem country, then you put in your puppets who will convert to the western banking system. Peace starchild.

Oh sure, and thats why Tim Geithner and our govt got involved in the taxpayer baillout of AIG, the number one Sharia compliant ins co. I dont know what conspiracy theory you pulled that one out of, but I will leave it to the imagination.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
what no ones remembers is that the Muslims tortured members of my faith for not being muslim - what explanation do you have for that?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
what no ones remembers is that the Muslims tortured members of my faith for not being muslim - what explanation do you have for that?

Where was that and when? Some countries in Islam do not really understand the word " peace " or in Arabic " salam " as in " Islam "

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur

Shoulda been Muslim. HAHA J/K

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

As for my view on women, I feel that women are the jewel of human kind. A womans testimony weighing less than a mans was a practice of old Arabia which got 'integrated' into various sects of Islam, which is one of the main reasons I don't follow any sect at all. Those who created these various sects, integrated Islams universal teachings with the culture of whatever country they came from, and now look where it got us. 72 different sects, most of which follow the culture of a country which many of us haven't even been to.

First, thank you for sharing your beliefs.
What you said above is exactly how I feel about my faith. I'm a Christian, but I do not follow any one sect either. I follow the message of Jesus, and try to model my life like I think he would want me to. There are a lot of things within Christianity that I don't believe.
You are right, we all come from God. The whole thing was changed over the centuries by those that wanted to promote what they believed and what fit their lifestyles. Religion is as corrupt as any government. We, the people of this planet, need to come together, but unfortunatly, TPTB will not allow us to all unite against them. Evil will always prey on us, as it always has, drowning the world in hate and violence. We will fight it and win in the end, until then, let's keep learning and growing. I know my understanding of Islam was just broadened today by you, and for that, I'm thankful to God for directing me to your post.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

Error corrected, and I want to apologise to you. Wrong star...person.

Although I still don't like seeing people end their posts with "peace and love" makes me squirm in my seat! There can never be peace, let alone love until the Prince of Peace returns. You can read about him in my signature.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Members of the white race tortured my ancestors. What is your explanation for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join