It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

That was pretty much my point. War, bloodshed, destruction, hatred.. these things have nothing to do with the poetry of spirituality. There's plenty of atheists that are out and about causing problems, too.. it really doesn't have anything to do with religion. The biggest mafia out there, the governments of the world, want us to think differently because spirituality and atheism are so important to so many that it is easy to split us off like cattle because of differences of opinion, but it has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by phatpackage

Soooo, what is it about me talking about certain people on ATS that shows an assumption that everyone here is like that? No sir I haven't painted anybody with any brush. I know the people on ATS who are like that, and those who aren't. You fail for trying to put words in my mouth.

Fail hahahaha ! You came out swinging using very direct language including the wimpy caps lock on some words and are now trying to back away from it!. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt with regards to being an extremist. But I will have to revise that as you just demonstrated a popular tactic adopted by many Islamic extremists, the hit, run, hide and deny option. Sounds a lot like one of OBL's tactics....... If you use Google you will find many more examples of this!!!. Fail, that's laughable. You have just been exposed for the type of person you really are! hahahahahahahahaha!!!! You wanted a fight you got it! lol lol lol

By the way it's very easy to read between the lines on the intention of the whole thread! You actually think ATS is that stupid?
edit on 6-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You're not lying,you might be practicing;
Taqiyyah (or; Al-Taqiyya):Saying/writing something that isn’t true. Or,
Kitman:Lying by omission (pick and choose what looks good and stay quiet about the rest).
Only you know your true intentions.

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by FluffChop because: karma

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Oh my deity. OK, can we get this thread on track somehow? It seems like now we are debating who has sinned how in whichever religion. I think the best way to organise is for everyone to post their specific faith (including specific branches) so that we can collectively tear each other apart and submit proof to one another how each of us have committed against our own individual hierarchy of sins. Might be hard to pin me, I'm agnostic with tendencies to lean towards science, but sometimes I break the laws of gravity when I get to feeling froggy and just want to fly around the sky.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Please show me where in the Qur'an I'm instructed to kill homosexuals. I beg of you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

How are you gonna tell me that I'm not a devout lover of Prophet Muhammad? Who are you to tell me that??
edit on 6-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: corrected spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

And I won't refrain from admitting that. Nor will I stop speaking out against it. Intolerance wasn't even the way of the early muslims who lived peacefully in Medina with many Jewish tribes. Things have been so twisted and misinterpreted that it's crazy.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Way to ignore my point about Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia prohibitting Jews from entering those coutnries, let alone living in those countries.

And theyre only anti-israel? Which is why they have these laws?

I didn't ignore it or deny that, but that is another political issue rather than a social one. Just because Qadaffi wants to bomb his people, doesn't mean his people want to bomb each other.

Here. Take a look at PalestineMediaWatch.com and tell me that it is only Israel the Arabs dislike.

It is simply Jews. Jews and that is it.

Wow, an Israeli website about Palestinian views yeah? You seriously think that backs up your claim? That's called propaganda my friend, unreliable source and irrelevant to our discussion. Why is it unreliable? Because it is an Israeli source, they are bound to want to present the Palestine perspective as extremely hostile towards Jews and will only quote fundamentalists or manipulate information. It is not 'simply the Jews'.

What you wrote was so unbelievably absurd. Saudi Arabia is moderate? In what loony toon world is saudi Arabia moderate? Is the Muslim Brotherhood, also moderate? Is Al Qaeda moderate?

What is more absurd is that I never wrote that the state of Saudi Arabia is moderate, I actually said the opposite. You should read posts more carefully - I said that Emiratis and Bahrains are very moderate. I also elaborated that some Saudi people put on a religious face in public but are actually moderate in their true faith behind the scenes. I stated this very clearly with no reference to the governments, political parties or states, with particular emphasis on the fact that Saudis are the least moderate.

And as for Israelis hating Arabs. That is a purely secular hatred for a people they percieve to hate them with a religious fervor. On the hand, Arabs are on the whole muslims, and in Wahibi Saudi Arabia, which fosters the most violently totalitarian Islamic theology, hatred for Israel is hatred for the JEWS.

No see, you cannot do that. Once again, very biased. You only recognise that there are moderate Muslims in the west because you wan't to look less biased, or want to emphasise that Muslims in their own countries are violent and anti-Jewish. Arabs that have a problem with Israel have their anger fuelled by political affairs. Whats the point in talking about Wahabism? I didn't bring in Zionism. Neither are relevant.

Hence why they wont allow Jews, PERIOD to even visit Saudi Arabia. Muslims in general have a seething disgust for Jews, and Judaism.

Are Palestinians not specifically targeted and pushed around by the Israeli government? Why do you make Arabs the bad guys all the time? We can play this game with any nationality or religion. You're very biased pal.

Muslims see Christianity and Judaism as similar religions, they do not have a 'seething disgust' for either.

(Egypt has some 90 million vociferous antisemites) Jew hatred is normal and natural. Arabs are also clever though. When talking to a westerner, they'll pretend its only Israel and the injustices of Israel that they dislike. They play politiks well, after all, war is deception. But beneath all that, they dont want Jews in the middleeast, let alone a Jewish state.

Arabs are semitic, would be pretty silly for them to be anti-semitic wouldn't it? It is also funny that even though the population of Egypt is about 82 million, 90 million of these are antisemitic. So basically, every single Egyptian is so antisemitic that their antisemitism equates to that of 90 million antisemites? You're bordering on racism here, having far surpassed the line of ignorance.

Your descriptions here are similar to the descriptions the Nazis made about Jews, based on nothing and trying to make them out to look 'sly' and 'sneaky'. Seriously.. you're referencing the aims of fundamentalist parties and generalising them over all Arabs. I assume that by politiks you mean politics, are you implying that all Arabs have knowledge of political theory? You're talking rubbish.

Ah so you're saying that 'Arabs are clever, they say it is only Israel to Westerners but then they meet up and talk about how really they just hate all the Jews' without any substantiation whatsover.. You must be the smartest of them all.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I live in Georgia. I don't however believe in a "native land" for my faith. By my religion, I'm permitted to court/marry you as a christian woman but as a married man we'll just have to leave it at dinner. My wife makes some really good Tilapia.

Oh and yes, I AM a muslim so I don't know where you get all that from.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There's about 3000 Korowai in Papua, New Guinea that practice cannibalism especially if one is found to be a "secret witch doctor".. that's an astounding 100 percent of a culture that is extremely violent I'd say, why aren't we harping on them? I don't wanna be eaten, I'm scared.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by unitedstatesoftheinternet

Welcome to the community. And thank you for your words.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm not obsessed with anything.
I'm as free as ever. Free to do good, free to do bad.

I can't speak for everyone, but my own goal is simply to live peacefully with everyone else. It will never in 1000 lifetimes be possible to convert everyone to Islam so if that is anyones goal they should drop it and work on their own soul and spirit. The same people walking around preaching Islam peacefully or NOT need to look in the mirror and realize that they are terribly imperfect individuals.

I have 1 wife, and 2 children.. you answer that for yourself.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Right now I just think you are a lost cause..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I tell you what it seem most Muslims have explosive personality's they just have enough one day and get all up in yo face. Where do you think you going to go that wont be as unfair as ATS....that's rite, so stop with all the big talk and sit there and take it.
edit on 6-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

How strange, l lived in egypt for 9yrs, pakistan for 5yrs and saudi for twoyrs. l never experienced any of the things you mentioned. l have valued friends in all three countries. Never once was l treated with any disrespect from anyone. l respected them and they respected myself and my family. l am white from the UK. and l am buddhist. Not rich, so please tell me where have you been to have been treated with such disrespect? Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

One last question if i may.... what is your true goal, not you personally but the Muslims or Islamic Faith? Is it to turn every Country they live in into an Islamic one? Is it to keep outnumbering other Faiths and people by producing offspring from many wives?

edit on 6-3-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

Pretty sure the main goal in Islam is to get to heaven, everything else you've mentioned is political rhetoric and manipulation by the few. Producing offspring from many wives indeed! Jeez..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Lol you sound like you used to get bullied in school dude.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Wow, an Israeli website about Palestinian views yeah? You seriously think that backs up your claim? That's called propaganda my friend, unreliable source and irrelevant to our discussion. Why is it unreliable? Because it is an Israeli source, they are bound to want to present the Palestine perspective as extremely hostile towards Jews and will only quote fundamentalists or manipulate information. It is not 'simply the Jews'.

Ok, first of all, there are plenty of cartoons taken straight out of PA newspapers, clips from PA national television that completely destroys your contention that Israel is 'making this up'. No, buddy. Youre right about one thing though: Propaganda. As in Arab world propaganda. Its a big issue in Israel and for awhile now certain groups have been trying to get the PA to teach holocaust studies in PA schools but still they refuse to do it. Why? Because they WANT and indeed indoctrinate their citizens into a vehement anti-semitic ideology as a way to take galvanize the palestinian masses against the "evil Jewish zionist entity"

The above two images are from Fatah TV, 2010. So, what does the menorah, a symbol for Judaism, have to do with the Palestinian political crusade against Israel? Which you asininely contend has nothing to do with religion, or Jewishness. Clearly, it has EVERYTHING to do with that.

PA TV broadcast a caricature from the UAE paper Al-Bayan showing the Statue of Liberty holding a menorah, symbolizing so-called Jewish rule over America.

And heres a picture from Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (Fatah) of a Chassidic Jew (again, a religious attack) stealing organs (and the land of palestine) from an Arab.

These are all from 2010!. There are plenty of more news clips, TV shows, soap operas (like from Syria, peddling the long disproven (in a ottoman court in the 19th century, after the damascus blood libels) blood libel) Newspaper articles, cartoons etc. This is simply an Israeli agency keeping an eye on the outrageously anti-semitic palestinian media!. Just because it is Jews doesnt make it propaganda. Instead, it reveals the Naziesque propaganda palestinian arabs are daily subjected to. What makes this even more astonishing is that the Israeli government permits this.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
my mind is mine,

I'm not going to criticize you, for your non-violent ways. And I'm not going to say that you are lying.

But their are violent radical's of every stripe and breed. I would say that most of Earth's current civilization's, are in the stage of human evolution, which we are deemed as savage and violent by our ET space brother's.

"But by getting mean, and I mean, plum, mad dog mean" [ The Outlaw Josey Wales;] can get you out of violent confrontation wih your enemy.

My personal opinion, is that the Muslim faith, has difficulty, dealing with many, various Muslim tribes; which results in no cohesion of the Muslim faith.

Here are a few quotes from: New York Times, Sunday Opinion, Sunday, March 6, 2011
Nicholas D. Kristof, Is Islam the Problem

"Yet one challenge is psychological. Many Arabs blame outsiders for their backwardness, and cope by rejecting modernity and the outside world. It's a disgrace that an area that once produced outstanding science and culture [giving us words like algebra] now is an educational underachiever, especially for girls.

The crisis in the Arab world provides a chance for a new start. I hope we'll have some tough, honest conversations on all sides about what went wrong--- as a starting point for a new and more hopeful trajectory.

The Muslim Brotherhood has often used the slogan, "Islam is the solution." And to the West, the unstated feeling upon looking across the bleak Middle East landscape has often been:" Islam is the problem." Professor Kuran's research suggests that, at least looking forward, the more correct view is: Islam isn't the problem and it isn't the solution, it's simply a religion--- meaning that the break is over, there are no excuses, and it's time to move forward again."

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

You are a Buddhist, for one.

But in any case, you havent heard about the oppression of christian copts in Egypt? You didnt read about the massive terrorist attack earlier this year, carried out by a muslim radical (of the muslim brotherhood) against the Copts in Egypt?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join