It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
BIG PROBLEM:
Examples:
Muslims can lie to Kafir.
Jews can lie to Gentiles.
Mormons can lie to Gentiles.
Atheists can lie to whoever they dang well please, for any reason whatsoever.
Dunno about pagans (some atheists fall into this bracket)

hahahahaah athiests can lie to whoever they please for any reason whatsoever...hahhahah thats a great line. that explains why athiesm has lead toward creation of ugly-culture here in america in terms of media and values. i much prefer the cultural flowers of "religions" or a purer-science not tainted with stark creation-myth-hypothesis. athiests add to the ugly monkeyness of athiesm by misinterpreting the great-cooperation that lies in natural ecologies as "competitive". if nature were truly "competitive", then the animals you eat would poison you. its a great cooperation of all elemeents and life that defines "nature". leave it to an athiest to say, "its competitive because i have a stark reality so i can be a selfish scumbag". thats what happened to american culture. it ATHIEIZED

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Aslemma brother, I hope there can be genuine peace. I have posted before that the NWO engineers conflict. What do you see is the future for Tunisia, Egypt, and others in turmoil?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Do not leave, bro! No one left behind!
edit on 04/06/2010 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by snowspirit

Funny thing is I agree with you when it comes to the fact that the labels divide. However there have been periods in history when the labels didn't divide. I have studied many faiths and it's hilarious to me that Jews, Christians, and Muslims all acknowledge that these are the 3 Abrahamic faiths yet act like the God is different. If we come from the same "family" of religions, then obviously it's the SAME GOD. I believe we all worship the same God, just in different forms, so therefore who am I to oppose the method, or idea which you subscribe to in serving OUR God?? Stop the violence!!

There is a difference in the three faiths, Jews are waiting for their Messiah to come, Christians Believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God the Messiah that was born of a virgin, He came for all mankind to be saved, was crucified, died and was buried, and on the third Day He rose from the grave and was among the living for 40 days, then He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. That he will come again and will judge the living and the dead and will reign a King here on the earth for a Thousand years.
The Muslims are waiting for the return of the Mahdi.

Abraham is the father of the Jews and the Arabs, not the Gentiles.

The Messiah already came once, but not as the King to rule, He came to serve. When He returns He will return as King.

So, there are differences in beliefs.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

There are millions of extremist muslims in their home countries, often representing majority in society. You are not one of them, but that does not make them disappear. It is not the fault of moderate muslims like you, but until this is solved, I am afraid view of muslim religion as a whole will continue to be negative:

About eight-in-ten Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan (82% each) endorse the stoning of people who commit adultery; 70% of Muslims in Jordan and 56% of Nigerian Muslims share this view.

Muslims in Pakistan and Egypt are also the most supportive of whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery; 82% in Pakistan and 77% in Egypt favor making this type of punishment the law in their countries, as do 65% of Muslims in Nigeria and 58% in Jordan.

When asked about the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Jordan (86%), Egypt (84%) and Pakistan (76%) say they would favor making it the law; in Nigeria, 51% of Muslims favor and 46% oppose it.

In contrast, Muslims in Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia largely reject the notion that harsh punishments should be the law in their countries. About three-quarters of Turkish and Lebanese Muslims oppose the stoning of people who commit adultery (77% and 76%, respectively), as does a narrower majority (55%) of Muslims in Indonesia.

More than six-in-ten (63%) Muslim men in Nigeria favor the stoning of people who commit adultery, while 36% oppose it; Muslim women in that country are evenly divided, with 49% saying they favor and the same number saying they oppose the stoning of adulterers.

When it comes to the death penalty for those who leave Islam, Muslim men in Nigeria are clearly supportive (58% favor and 39% oppose), while a majority of their female counterparts (54%) are against the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion; 44% of Muslim women in Nigeria favor it.

Finally, while majorities of Muslim men and women in Nigeria favor punishments like whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery, men are somewhat more likely than women to say they favor these strict measures (69% of men vs. 61% of women).

pewglobal.org...

I applaud your efforts to fight against extremism, your religion needs more people like you!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Stop crying like a baby. You want to know what I'm sick of? People crying like babies and threatening to leave forums because they don't like the way things are. If you don't like it, be a man and leave. It's a much more dignified method than the one you're taking in this thread.

And, for the record, the moderate Muslims are far too quiet when the bad ones act up.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
is this liar a mile away?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Fair play to you, I myself am a Pagan and I always get the worshipping Satan and sacrificing newborns on the altar of death routine etc etc, I just do what the Christian faith tells them to do ( but they don't) and thats turn the other cheek, I just walk away ( usually mumbling something like "'your an idiot ").
I know that the majority of people TAR with the SAME BRUSH anyone they disagree with, and because of a few, ALL Muslims are evil potential terrorists, ALL Pagans are devil worshippers , but the MSM NEVER EVER says that the majority of people just want to be left alone to live their own lives and do harm to no one.
But I DO have to advise that there is a war on terror going on albeit an ALL ENCOMPASSING WAR ON TERROR, and currently Muslims are being the bad guy, and if you get tarred with the extremist brush all I can offer in advice is call them an unenlightened idiot , tell them that maybe they need to get back to Fox news as apprently they have no concept of the real world and maybe should get to eating their bigmacs and drinking the fluoridated water as it seems to be working well for them and they don't see that they are being programmed to not think for themselves.
I for one flag and star you sir ( or madam - you can never tell online these days - no offense intended).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I don't think you're lying. I know most Muslims are peace loving people. I've met a number of Muslim people over the years and they were all nice people. I let a Muslim guy spend the night on my couch, when his car broke down near where I live. He was a real nice guy. There seem to be extremists in every religion, look at the folks from Fred Phelps group.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I got a question and I thought who better to ask this question too than someone who is Muslim.
My question is, are there radical Muslims that read and believe differently than moderate Muslims do?

And if so, do the radicals read a different Qur'an than do the moderates? And what about the Shia, Sunni, and Sufi what are the differences? Are these the three main sects? I know that there are many.

I am very interested to know from a Muslim first hand.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
With all due respect, you 'moderates' need to do a better job castigating the radical factions within Islamic communities.

Atleast 90% of terrorist attacks committed today are by radical muslims, fueled by a radical islamic theology which initself is fueled by the Quranic call for Jihad against non muslims.

So, dont try to deflect or extenuate where the problem lies.. The problem is with Islam. "Radical christians' or 'jews' or other radicals of other faiths are not as great a problem as terrorist attacks done in the name of Islam. Infact its hardly heard of, because networks dont have near the numbers, financial support and ideological foundation that Islamism has.

That being said i do respect the more spiritual sides of Islam, like Sufism. I happen to have a book coming dealing with precisely this subject (also book on Rumi's poetry)

Well said in the first statements. It's almost as if......

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
We have muslims living in our western countries who dont behead and stone
edit on 5-3-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

But when they DO behead and stone, or kill for honour, you hear very little.

There should be marches in the streets to get the message out to the radical cretins that Islam will not be hijacked any longer, IF that is really what they desire.

On a side note, how do you come to the conclusion that Scientology is christian?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
ugh double post...

edit on 6/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ok good but now can you please get the rest of your muslim friends to come out and protest about terrorist attacks?

Doubt you can.

And your user name My Mind is my own?

Not really, Islam is basically submitting yourself to god.

Your mind belongs to allah my friend, your not free.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I applaud you for honesty and for saying what I needed to hear. Because quite frankly, although you have denounced violence, I have never heard muslim leaders denounce violence on national television.

Right now the government wants the people to be scared, and they are afraid, and fear and ignorance lead to hate.

All the state run media keep telling us that muslims want to spread their faith by the sword if necessary, muslims will kill those who leave Islam, muslims want a holy war, muslims will never stop trying to attack us, therefore we must have perpetual war.

This is the propaganda being broadcast daily, and the sheep end up believing it, even though no muslim ever did anything to harm them personally.

We need Muslim leaders to take a stand on national TV and denounce violence.

You have taken a stand, therefore you are a leader in my mind, Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Get used to it, brother. I'm German, born 8 years after the war. I have never gassed, burned or shot a jew in ly life! Still, its useless trying to convince a jew of that...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This video is why some American leaders are part of the problem.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-3-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: added link to video, can't figure out how to embed

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Ok, In one Hand I have a some Pork, in the other a Pregnant what do you do?

Go

A pregnant what?

Oo

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Thank you for posting statistics, I think that contradicts your .0001% whoever stated that lmao.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join