It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Benghazi Explosion – Tactical Nuke Use By Gaddafi Suspected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Ill gladly pay $20 a gallon if it means an end to violence. That is the difference between a person like me, and a person like you. You care about money and possessions. I care about life, and love.

Sadly, nothing will end violence. When violence happens, pick your side. That's how it is.
Here's a mini-chart to explain why Gaddifi should stay in power:
Rebels kill Gaddifi->Civil unrest->No unionizing force->No way to export oil->Prices go up in the US->Riots occur because of exorbitant gas prices->America and Libya become one and the same, rioting and battling its government
OR
Gaddifi puts down revolution->Things go back to normal in Libya->We live our normal lives with low gas prices
And if you can pay for $20 gas, I applaud you. Because my credit card would be maxed out within a 3 months.

Nice flow charts there. What do you base your assertion on, by the way? Other than thats just how it goes in your head? I'm sorry, but my 12 year old niece has a better capacity for logic than this.

Has the US EVER rioted over gas prices? Would Lybia have no leader without gaddaffi? Would they not need income?

Your logic is thin at best, and the rantings of an arrogant, naive child at worst.

What have gas prices done in the last two weeks, I might ask?

And you still miss the point about gas prices, but its fine, I dont expect that you have the capacity to understand. There are those of us who realize that things such as possessions are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and would give up some of those luxuries for a chance at a better world.

But hey, Im sure your 'stuff' is far more important than lives, so dont stress about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Nice flow charts there. What do you base your assertion on, by the way? Other than thats just how it goes in your head? I'm sorry, but my 12 year old niece has a better capacity for logic than this.

Has the US EVER rioted over gas prices? Would Lybia have no leader without gaddaffi? Would they not need income?

Your logic is thin at best, and the rantings of an arrogant, naive child at worst.

And you still miss the point about gas prices, but its fine, I dont expect that you have the capacity to understand. There are those of us who realize that things such as possessions are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and would give up some of those luxuries for a chance at a better world.

But hey, Im sure your 'stuff' is far more important than lives, so dont stress about it.

Well, gas prices have skyrocketed due to an uprising, everything was fine before then. And as another poster said, they have (or rather, had) a better quality of life than Russians. So it wasn't all so bad like the MSM wants to put it. And, our gas prices have never been this bad (and never on top of a recession as bad as this one), and the way the economy is, no one has jobs, so what else is there to do? Watch TV? Libya would, at most, after their revolution, become a military dictatorship. Like Egypt. They don't have a president, but they're promised one, like that'll happen. And you know how that goes.

But, please, I would truly wish for you to explain to me how $20 gas is going to be okay? How $5 gas isn't going to destroy the economy? I really would like you to tell me.

And it's not like I'm materialistic, I'm realistic. I have to get to work, go to the doctor, and get food. And where I live I can't walk to any business. So I need gas to stay low so I can live well and not foreclose on my house and live in my car that can't move because I can't pay for fuel.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well, gas prices have skyrocketed due to an uprising, everything was fine before then. And as another poster said, they have (or rather, had) a better quality of life than Russians. So it wasn't all so bad like the MSM wants to put it. And, our gas prices have never been this bad (and never on top of a recession as bad as this one), and the way the economy is, no one has jobs, so what else is there to do? Watch TV? Libya would, at most, after their revolution, become a military dictatorship. Like Egypt. They don't have a president, but they're promised one, like that'll happen. And you know how that goes.

But, please, I would truly wish for you to explain to me how $20 gas is going to be okay? How $5 gas isn't going to destroy the economy? I really would like you to tell me.

And it's not like I'm materialistic, I'm realistic. I have to get to work, go to the doctor, and get food. And where I live I can't walk to any business. So I need gas to stay low so I can live well and not foreclose on my house and live in my car that can't move because I can't pay for fuel.

1)Yes, prices have gone up due to the conflict. What did they do the previous ten years?

2)I never claimed everything was awful there, so again, yo are reaching, and deflecting.

3)You are still missing the point on gas pricing, and I do not wish to go any further on it. You have proven you dont get my point.

4)A car is a luxury. You could get where you needed to be without one. You have just been so heavily indoctrinated as to think you cant live without one.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

The results of a nuclear explosion can be traced back to the origionating country because of the wy they are made and prcessed. Israel would not supply a tactical nuke to libya, they would have no reason to supply a tactical nuke to libya, not to mention they could not be 100% sure a tactical nuke would actually be used and not sold or given to other elements.

Israel would not do the nuke themselves since it would pretty much end ny support the world has left ofr them.

Either an arms cache was hit, or they used a libyan equivelant of an American style MOAB, which packs enough tnt to mimic a small nuclear explosion, up to and including the mushroom style explosion.

If Kdaffy used any type of nukes it would gurantee a military intervention from other countries, and would most likely cause former enemies to work together since the entire region would be at risk.

Besides, if you are trying to retain power, what good would it do to irradiate the country?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

1)Yes, prices have gone up due to the conflict. What did they do the previous ten years?

2)I never claimed everything was awful there, so again, yo are reaching, and deflecting.

3)You are still missing the point on gas pricing, and I do not wish to go any further on it. You have proven you dont get my point.

4)A car is a luxury. You could get where you needed to be without one. You have just been so heavily indoctrinated as to think you cant live without one.

1. Prices have went slowly up, not 4 cents overnight. That's a very steep change. Of course fuel will get to $5, but, if things were they way they were, it wouldn't happen until probably late 2012.
2. You never did, but you act like he is terrible. I can't say the same...
3.Okay, fine, I'll completely stop talking about the gas prices.
4. So okay, a car is a luxury, I'll give you that. I just want to know how I'll get to places without one. You know, we don't have public transit over this way and it's a 30 drive to work. Not including the stores I have to go to, which are still a good drive. So tell me, how do I accomplish tasks without a car when I live in the country?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Could be why America is so keen to get the second X-37B up in Orbit, however don't they already have Satellite that can read signatures from Nuclear Explosions already? Not just Westernised countries but any with a involvment in the space treaty already.
I highly doubt Gadaffi would use his only 'ace up his sleeve' simply as a Vendetta against his own people knowing a invasion of capitalism is encroaching by the UN and possible ground troops from other countries. Use of authorised deadly force using biological/chemical weapons would be his first call, then when backed into a corner I'd suspect his last martyrdom is to use the Nukes (going out in a blaze of glory in his mind.)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Bollocks. It is an exclusive because no-one even remotely credible will touch it, if it were truly a tactical nuke then it certainly wouldn’t be a Veterans Today exclusive.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
a tactical nuke huh...I think things just got very serious...I wonder whose nuke it was?

It doesn't seem to me that an ammunition depot could cause so much damage...
edit on 5-3-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

If not a nuke then possibly some other sort of bomb...3 soccer fields blast radius plus quite a bit of damage to the surrounding area's is not a small bomb

3 soccer fields size and a description of the
devastation sounds like the Russian Father of all Bombs
as shown in this video.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
while this implication is unsubstanciated I can only imagine that 3 or 4 hundred gallons of Diesil and 100lbs of fertilizer would be a whole lot cheaper and do the same job....why still are we the people so easily lied to?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ammo dumps tend to have huge explosions when they go off.

We took out 40,000 lbs. of munitions once and it produced a shockwave over three soccer fields in size with a huge mushroom cloud that could be seen for miles.

Note: Thats twice the weight of a MOAB.
edit on 5/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: note

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

lots of misinformation and disinformation going on in the media about the Libya news.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

1. Prices have went slowly up, not 4 cents overnight. That's a very steep change. Of course fuel will get to $5, but, if things were they way they were, it wouldn't happen until probably late 2012.
2. You never did, but you act like he is terrible. I can't say the same...
3.Okay, fine, I'll completely stop talking about the gas prices.
4. So okay, a car is a luxury, I'll give you that. I just want to know how I'll get to places without one. You know, we don't have public transit over this way and it's a 30 drive to work. Not including the stores I have to go to, which are still a good drive. So tell me, how do I accomplish tasks without a car when I live in the country?

1) Are you sure about that? Or is it just that they leveled off for a couple of years so you have forgotten the last time we saw the exact same type of spikes??

2)No, I dont 'act like he is terrible'. I was asked a direct question, I gave a direct and factual answer. You are the one taking leaps in logic here.

3)Good.

4)Let's think about this for a second. Why is it that you feel you must travel to work? Did you choose to live in the country, based on the luxury of being able to drive 30 miles to work?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Get some exercise and use a bike, and maybe even put a basket on it for groceries.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Just last year I believe people were making fun of this funny little joke of a leader who was trying to find a place to pitch a tent in NYC. Now Egypt tosses their man, Israel gets nervous, and suddenly this wee little man in a tent is all anybody talks about not Egypt. I once seen a photo of a goat leading sheep to slaughter. If I could figure out the avatar it would be mine. Lybia is the west flank of Egypt, which has people shouting they are about to march into gaza...something about a million...is it any surprise that Israel has pledged 50K bodies for the defense of Qaddafi? Does anyone look at a map these days? Keep watching Egypt don't get caught up on the surface of Lybia is the focus. The only thing to watch is to see if Egypt's health is effected by Lybia. Israel is desperate. All countries I believe have good honest everyday people in them. Let the dogs of war devour themselves cleansing the top so true leaders can rise from the cribs of those good honest everyday people.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
Get some exercise and use a bike, and maybe even put a basket on it for groceries.

I live 10 miles from the nearest grocery store.
On a bicycle that would take about an hr
to ride there and another hr to ride back home.
Not counting having to do it in the dark with
no lights.

Not counting the fact that some people take
their own work tools to work and cannot fit
all their tools in a basket on a bicycle.
If people can't afford to drive, then they can't
afford to work either.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

tatical nuke or just an air/fuel moab?( motherofallbombs?)

GBU-43/B "Mother Of All Bombs"
MOAB - Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb

The GBU-43/B is large, powerful and accurately delivered. high explosive. The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb [MOAB] weapon is a 21,000 lbs total weight GPS-guided munition with fins and inertial gyro for pitch and roll control. It is probable that this munition was initially nick-named the "Mother Of All Bombs" with the retronymic expansion of MOAB following later.

On 11 September 2007 the Russian military announced that it had tested what it called the "Father of All Bombs". Described as the world's most powerful non-nuclear air-delivered munition, the Russian military claimed it was four times more powerful than the American "Mother Of All Bombs." While the Russian bomb was reported to contain 7.8 tons of "thermobaric" explosive, compared to the more than 8 tons of explosives in the American bomb, the Russian bomb was said to use more highly efficient explosive, with a yield equivalent to 44 tons of TNT. The bomb was reported to have a blast radius of 300 meters, double that of the American bomb, while the temperature at the epicenter was also reported to be twice as high.

www.globalsecurity.org...
edit on 5-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A tactical nuke? Gadhafi doesn't have the tech. It would be all over the REAL news agencies (Russia Today or Al Jazeera) if this were truly the case.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

it is reported to have hit a munitions depot

please read this and this

munitions depots by thier nature contain vast quantaties of explosives - so if an explosion occurs - the rest of the ordnance suffers sympathetic detonation in a chain reaction

there is nothing mysterious about it

edit on 5-3-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
debka's ticker just said that 27 Rebels were
killed in 2 Benghazi explosions of ammo depots.

Also, the same debka ticker said that Interpol
just issued an international alert for Gadhaffi and
14 of his associates. I do not know what that
means. If he was a wanted man, then there would
be warrants out for him. Unless they are calling
warrants as alerts. More info needed

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

Hilarious (not). Miraculously, not even the American leadership see themselves as if they are Rambo like you do.

I don't think it's very funny to joke about your country assassinating a leader of a sovereign nation, or assassinating anyone for that matter. And what do you think would come out of such an act, the same butterflies, puppy dogs and rainbows that came out of the US-led assassination of Saddam?

Another million will die because you think your country is a cowboy in the wild west.

dAMN MAN YOU JUST FIND A WAY TO SUCK THE FUN OUT OF EVERYTHING

2nd line

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join