It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Benghazi Explosion – Tactical Nuke Use By Gaddafi Suspected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: BENGHAZI EXPLOSION – TACTICAL NUKE USE BY GADDAFI SUSPECTED

www.veteranstoday.com

“a massive explosion that completely destroyed an area three times the size of a soccer field…..photographers who arrived at the site of the explosion Saturday saw entire buildings, cars and trees flattened and smoldering as a result of the blast” Associated Press

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 3/5/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat, 05 Mar 2011 19:30:38 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thus far, the bodies of 27 of the bases’s 40 staff have been recovered. Damage cover’s, not only the base itself but extends to the residential neighborhood nearby where an even larger area was obliterated by the blast coinciding with Colonel Gaddafi’s move against Libyan freedom fighters in and around the city of Zawiya, 25 miles west of Libya’s capitol of Tripoli. Zawiya fell to government forces yesterday though some opposition forces still hold out in parts of the city of 200,000, where fires are still burning.

www.veteranstoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Your article claims that Ghadaffi used a tactical nuke given to him by Israel

However, more rational news sources have reported this to be the result of the Libyans bombing a key rebel's arm cache.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a tactical nuke huh...I think things just got very serious...I wonder whose nuke it was?

It doesn't seem to me that an ammunition depot could cause so much damage...
edit on 5-3-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

If not a nuke then possibly some other sort of bomb...3 soccer fields blast radius plus quite a bit of damage to the surrounding area's is not a small bomb
edit on 5-3-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Gaddafi forces bomb arms store in Benghazi: rebels

RAJMA, Libya (Reuters) -
Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi bombed an arms depot on the outskirts of Libya's second city of Benghazi [...]

It was one of biggest weapons dumps in Benghazi region. The resident said, who works at a power station nearby, said windows were broken by the explosion several km (miles) away. "The fire is still raging and we fear more explosions," Miftah said.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

Hilarious (not). Miraculously, not even the American leadership see themselves as if they are Rambo like you do.

I don't think it's very funny to joke about your country assassinating a leader of a sovereign nation, or assassinating anyone for that matter. And what do you think would come out of such an act, the same butterflies, puppy dogs and rainbows that came out of the US-led assassination of Saddam?

Another million will die because you think your country is a cowboy in the wild west.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh but we are.

Send in the drones!! ;-D

Gadafi wants it this way, it appears to us all.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Sek82 because: I think we should have all expected him to pull out the stops eventually. He is looking for an epic end, he will get.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What a DISGUSTING display of inhumanity.

(Insert respective deity here) help us all!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

+48 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist
Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

This is one of the most disgusting posts I have seen on ATS.

Who cares? Those of us who give a damn about life, that's who.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I don't think it's very funny to joke about your country assassinating a leader of a sovereign nation, or assassinating anyone for that matter.

Not funny but it is a fact....
How many times did they try to assassinate Castro??
Obama recently signed off on also allowing the assassination of American citizens..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarist

Its people like you that give other Americans a bad name around the world. Wait to your country is run by the world elite and you want to recover some past freedoms.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This is one of the most disgusting posts I have seen on ATS.

Who cares? Those of us who give a damn about life, that's who.

Just a question...but what did he do wrong before this uprising?
I mean, if you were the leader of a country, and violent rebels were trotting around, what would you do? Let 'em trample all over your dead body? Or defend yourself, your family, and your government?
@ Backinblack-I remember reading the article about Obama's assassination bill, do you have a link to it? Because my friend wanted to see it but I couldn't find it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Lighten up a little. I am not allowed my own opinion?

A Drone strike could potentially save thousands of lives.

Give the Rebels the controls. He is killing them in the streets.

Please don't give me your anti-american drivel. He isn't worth one American pilots life.

reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist

This is a really cold thing to say. I really hope you are just 14, and that still is a cruel and callous thing to say.
If you are adult then God be with you.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To my knowledge, a nuclear device would impare the use of many electrical devices within a certian radius of the blast. If this is to be true, certian electonic devices(possibly cars) that seem to be unscathed by the blast, would not be in working order. At this time I don't see the use of a tactical nuke to be probable. It's more likely te result of bombing an arms cache.

I thought this would be some interesting information to add, according to this graphic on the same article, the rebels have taken control of almost all the major cities in correlation with the oil feilds.

edit on 5-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: To add aditional information

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The headline ought to read Tactical Nuke Use By Gaddafi Suspected by Donald Duck.

The article seems to be making a case for that any explosion anywhere that either hurts or offends the sensibilities of Americans is a tactical nuke!

The article also suggests the Oklahoma Bombing was a tactical nuclear device!

Seems like yet another sensationalized accusation of the kind that gave us WMD in Iraq.

Just a lot of unsubstantiated gibberish designed to enflame and anger people and get people here thinking about paying for another war for oil.

How many times are the American people going to get fooled by the same old song and dance, wrap it in a flag, and have God bless it, and presto whamo American bombs start snuffing out 'collateral damage' everywhere.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join