It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Offers Proof Of Alien Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I follow prof Brian Cox on twitter and he tweeted this article:

Link

Thought it was very interesting as its the first time I've actually seen a picture of what could essentially be an alien "life form", like it says in the article I'm surprised this isn't bigger news than it it just now.

The final paper on it is due to be published in March.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
all very interesting and encouraging, but this kind of find will never get much attention, as the meteorite was found here on earth so there is a huge possibility that it was contaminated. Until we find life in its own habbitat somewhere other then earth there is no proof of alien life. Don't get me wrong I believe 100% that there is life out there, both bacterial and intelligent, we just arn't going to find proof here on earth.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Someone beat you to the story this morning: here

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Neato gang! Good find roughycannon. In my opinion, life elsewhere in the universe is a given. It is statistically significant that it would be elsewhere and there's a plethora of evidence to suggest we're being 'visited' by intelligent life. In any case, this lends more support to the panspermia theory.

We have several species of microorganisms that can tolerate extreme conditions on earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Studies have also shown that certain life forms can tolerate the harsh environment of space!

The organisms are a composite of algae and fungi. They are commonly found on the surface of rocks on Earth and can survive in extreme conditions such as high mountains latitudes. Lichens are the most complex form of life now known to have survived prolonged exposure to space.

www.newscientist.com...

Bacteria taken from cliffs at Beer on the South Coast have shown themselves to be hardy space travellers. The bugs were put on the exterior of the space station to see how they would cope in the hostile conditions that exist above the Earth's atmosphere. And when scientists inspected the microbes a year and a half later, they found many were still alive.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As has been pointed out in the other threads on this, they are FOSSILS, not live microbes. We went through this years ago with ALH 84001.

That didn't set the world on fire either. It has to be a youtube video to get any serious attention

edit on 5-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Is lowercase nasa's funding under review again for the year? Yes it is. It's that time of year.

Thanks lowercase nasa for throwing around a 40+ year old theory, and even previously discussed openly in the 90's.

Time to cut this cancer out and start a real space program that matters a little.

top topics

join